Austin Niketalkers vol where you at???

sole fresco is on sixth street by the tattoo parlor and that opening where the bums used to do the airbrushing.  sneak attack is on the corner of 2nd st, i think, sort of in the warehouse district

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

Atx stand up. i been here for 9 years, been on Nt for about 6. Summit at pluckers! lol

nerd.gif
 I live across the street.

Anyway, DOM Kennedy in Austin on September 3rd.. more details soon.

Originally Posted by ciph4

Atx stand up. i been here for 9 years, been on Nt for about 6. Summit at pluckers! lol

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

No lie, we should do a lil' get together at Pluckers. Maybe end of Summer deal ...

Yes, ya'll are right. School begins the last full week of August. So, how does 8/14 or 8/21 sound? Both are Saturdays ...

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

Originally Posted by ciph4

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

DOM Kennedy @ Republic Live (5th & Lavaca) on 9/3, 7PM. Opening up will be NTers Hollywood Floss & Howard Flozstello. Austin artist, Drastik and San Antonio artist, KG will also be opening. Flyer/website/ticketing ($10) will be up soon.

NT summit?
nerd.gif

Ok, Saturday, August 14th.
Pluckers
2222 Rio Grande Street
Austin, TX 78705
Time??

Names:
illfrozn
ciph4
youneedthese

Who else can we count on to attend?

39254_686627895285_25408656_38997007_5258300_n.jpg

Ticketing will be up soon. NT come out and support DOM Kennedy, Hollywood FLOSS and H. Flozstello.

and I'm good for the summit whenever, I'll keep checking the thread.

Nooooooo!!!

Make it the 21'st, and I'm in for sure! Don't move back in 'till the 17'th!

And ciph4, I'm down for DOM, too. Count me in, and hit me up around the time!
pimp.gif

Just got word that Killa Kyleon will also be performing at the show on 9/3
pimp.gif

Instead of making a post in General, I'm hoping to get some help from some Austin NTers.

I've wanted to check out South by Southwest for a few years now. My only concern is getting tickets to the shows. How do ticket sales typically go? I can imagine it's really hard to get tickets to the good shows if you're not willing to pay scalpers a pretty penny. Can someone shed some light on the festival in general?

Thanks.

http://sxsw.com/attend

Shows the rate for a film, music, interactive, and platinum (all 3 together) registration.

If you're going for film/interactive I would suggest registering as most/everything you'd want to see will be official SXSW events.

If you're going for Music only you don't really need a band. Pretty much every band that plays an official SXSW showcase in which you need a SXSW band or pay cover to see will also do an unofficial showcase sometime during the week. Events like Levi's x Fader Fort and Purevolume House just require you to register on their website (free) and pick up their band during the week (both of those events offered free shows + liquor [and food at the Purevolume House]). Other blogs and companies have their own unofficial showcases with all the music, food, drinks you'll need in the week without having to shell out $595+ for a music band.

You can pretty much go the week without spending a $ dollar on food/drink if you care/plan well enough to do so.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I would probably be going strictly for the music.

How often in advance would I need to register for the events you mentioned? (Levi's x Fader or unofficial blogs/company showcases) And where would I go to register for unofficial events?

Back
Top Bottom