Autistic Teen Picks First Two NCAA Rounds Perfectly

This is some bull #!#%
laugh.gif

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcchicago.com/video.

Print Email Share /l.yimg.com/ds/orion/1.0.15.10/img/badge-logo.png") no-repeat scroll left top transparent; height: 16px; width: 16px;">Buzz up! TWITTER FACEBOOK

An autistic teenager from the Chicago area has done something almost impossible.�

Nearly 48 games into an upset-filled NCAA�tournament, 17-year-old Alex Herrmann is perfect.

"It's amazing," he says. Truly.

The teenager predicted that Northern Iowa would beat the Kansas Jayhawks. He picked Ohio to knock off Georgetown. And Cornell to knock off Wisconsin.

March Madness in Photos

cheerleader01.jpg

LOOK
March Madness in Photos

The NCAA's Most Horrifying Mascots

032409+Mascots+Pistol+Pete.jpg

LOOK
The NCAA's Most Horrifying Mascots

In fact, he picked every game through the first two rounds correctly. The odds of�anybody doing that? One in�13,460,000, according to BookofOdds.com. It's easier to win the lottery. Twice.

"I'm good at math," Alex, a Glenbrook South High School student, said. "I'm kind of good at math and at stats I see on TV during the game."

Alex entered the bracket on CBSsports.com's bracket challenge. CBS did not return several phone calls to confirm entries into its game.�His 24-year-old brother Andrew, who helped him enter his picks into CBS' bracket manager, also entered the contest -- and ranks behind 500,000 other people.

“My bracket is totally shot,

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

yeah one of the vids is auto playing. and why does it matter that he is autistic

Because there are links between being autistic and being a savant. 

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

yeah one of the vids is auto playing. and why does it matter that he is autistic

Because there are links between being autistic and being a savant. 

thats crazy man. no way he could go that far. he had UNI beating UNLV??? and UNI beating KU??
thats some rainman stuff right there. thats what that is.

but he went for the CBS one where theres no prize.

if he did it on some betting site he'd be some millionaire

didn't they say theres lots of Math involved. thats how he got most of those picks correct

Originally Posted by ps2child

thats crazy man. no way he could go that far. he had UNI beating UNLV??? and UNI beating KU??
thats some rainman stuff right there. thats what that is.
I had UNI beating UNLV. If you watched college basketball you would know they are a good team. Beating KU was unpickable though.

like twenty games could have gone either way in the closing seconds. Theres no math numbers behind saying that "with one second left and down 1, this team has a better chance to win, so I'll pick them"
laugh.gif
. just straight up say "im a lucky *%& dude" and enjoy the moment

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I work with autistic kids and teens and yo some of the things they say will blow your mind.
QFT. These kids are smarter than you think. Sometimes I feel as if they know more than I do.

Dudes on the link to article calling ducktales. Sad, but it seems like that is the case. Too bad because it makes for a good story.

Back
Top Bottom