Autre Ne Veut - The experimental-R&B revolution continues

This stuff is just...wow... One of my most anticipated of 2013

The future of R&B is in good hands ladies and gentleman. 

This progressive stuff is the ONLY modern R&B I mess with.

More people should listen to Young & Sick.

The new album is 'out.' :nerd:

So far I'm 5 songs in and it's delivering. Already like it more than his debut and his sound seems a lot more polished since then.

How is this progressive? This sounds like cheesy 80's movie soundtracks. Prince is frowning at y'all.

i listened to his debut and to the new album last night..

overall i can say that i really enjoyed what i heard, the production and the vocals go really well together on both projects.

does anybody know if he's the producer too?

i listened to his debut and to the new album last night..

overall i can say that i really enjoyed what i heard, the production and the vocals go really well together on both projects.

does anybody know if he's the producer too?

Don't quote me on this, but I think he produces all of his stuff. I heard people saying Oneohtrix Point Never (the album is being released on his label) had a hand in the production on this album, but I'm not too sure about that and don't know if that's ever been confirmed. I just always assumed he produced his own music and it's strictly his musical project.

How is this progressive? This sounds like cheesy 80's movie soundtracks. Prince is frowning at y'all.

More or less, I feel like he's going for the '80s Prince sound, so I guess your belittling comment actually makes some sense. Not everyone can be Prince, though, so I don't know exactly what you were expecting.

More or less, I feel like he's going for the '80s Prince sound, so I guess your belittling comment actually makes some sense. Not everyone can be Prince, though, so I don't know exactly what you were expecting.

How is my comment belittling? It's cheesy not good 80's movie music. How is that new, modern, or progressive? All terms that have been used in this thread. That's what doesn't make sense.

How is my comment belittling? It's cheesy not good 80's movie music. How is that new, modern, or progressive? All terms that have been used in this thread. That's what doesn't make sense.

Now you're just stretching the truth. No one directly referred to his sound as "new" or "modern." One person lumped him in with other "progressive stuff" and OP mentioned it as "experimental," which it is. As for your opinion, you're entitled to that and if you think it's cheesy '80s movie music, that's what you think. The whole "Prince is frowning at y'all" was the belittling part. That just sounded like a real snotty way of you talking down upon our tastes just because a few random terms were apparently used to your disliking. Criticizing the guys music is one thing, talking down to everyone else in this thread is another. Take your disparaging comments elsewhere.

Is this progressing past what current R&B sounds like?

To me, yes.

Pay no mind to 25thhour.

"This PROGRESSIVE stuff is the only MODERN r&b I mess with"

Fact is there's nothing progressive about this music.

Pull ya skirt down b. Nobody is criticizing your taste in music. And I don't have to go anywhere, just like you can post about your liking for cheesy imitation 80's music I can post about my dislike for it.

Y'all really gotta learn that there are people that won't always agree with your opinion, and you're just gonna have to deal with it. :lol:

"This PROGRESSIVE stuff is the only MODERN r&b I mess with"

Fact is there's nothing progressive about this music.

Pull ya skirt down b. Nobody is criticizing your taste in music. And I don't have to go anywhere, just like you can post about your liking for cheesy imitation 80's music I can post about my dislike for it.

Y'all really gotta learn that there are people that won't always agree with your opinion, and you're just gonna have to deal with it. :lol:

He referred to it as "progressive," yes, nothing gets pass you, huh? I already acknowledged that, though. As far as "modern" goes, he was referring to the recent state of R&B as a whole, he wasn't referring strictly to Autre or his music. Do you know what context means? Do you lack comprehension skills? Once again, no one said Autre's sound was "new" or "modern" in the context you're implying we did. You're wrong.

I already stated you can have and post your opinion about the guy's music. I don't care and you don't have to go anywhere. Saying "Prince is frowning at y'all" was just a douche-y thing to say and served no propose but to stir things up. Seeing how you wanted to go into semantics about terms, "y'all" = you all. By saying that, you called everyone out in this thread as far as I'm concerned and I responded. You don't have to agree with my opinion, but if you go into a thread and look down on others' opinions, someone might respond. Maybe you should pull your skirt down, b.

Reported.

:lol: Of course you did...it fits your character well.

Can anyone here point me in the direction of some more music like this? I love this sound but 2 songs a year just isn't gonna cut it.

Not sure if I can pinpoint someone similar to Young & Sick, but some artists similar to Autre:

How To Dress Well
Active Child
Chad Valley
Kindness
Gayngs
Blood Orange
Twin Shadow

Some examples are reaches, but I hope you find something you like.

WOW! i'm shocked but happy to see an ANV thread on here...found out about ANV from his booking agent last fall, been EAGERLY awaiting the album, disappointed they ended up deciding to do a very short tour...tried hard to book him here

Back
Top Bottom