Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

Avatar made an estimated $75m over the weekend, which is only a 2% drop from its first weekend figure of $77m.It's total is now about $212,268,000 That is an absolutely insane drop from its first weekend number(most movies usually drop around 50%) and if it continues at this rate, it will probably break 400m and who knows, maybe even 500m.

James Cameron does it again, the man is a god.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Originally Posted by RFX45

Doesn't the movie need to make $750 mil to break even though?

I think 400. And it's probably surpassed that by plenty when you consider worldwide numbers. Word of mouth is pretty strong with this. And it'sprobably gonna stick around in theatres for a while. Plus, dvd and blu ray sales are gonna be pretty strong too.

damn thats crazy

with next weekend being new years, it should still do pretty good. there's nothing else to watch right now.

Avatar's budget is probably somewhere around 250m with probably another 100m going towards the marketing. The other inflated numbers are justridiculous (750m, like really now?). At this rate it'll definitely make back its budget with its domestic gross alone and if you add in merchandising(video games and toyline) and overseas number( could hit 1billion worldwide), it'll definitely make a huge profit.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

I think 400. And it's probably surpassed that by plenty when you consider worldwide numbers. Word of mouth is pretty strong with this. And it's probably gonna stick around in theatres for a while. Plus, dvd and blu ray sales are gonna be pretty strong too.
The movie studios only see a very small percent of the international gross. So much of the movies success rides on the
domestic gross, but even then Avatar should be in no trouble at all.

pimp.gif
. I saw it in a regular theater two Saturday nights ago and I was already
eek.gif
. I tried catching it in IMAX 3D last night but that joint wassold out.
smh.gif

Definitely gonna watch it before I leave though

i could not stay up on the first half of the movie
very slow building up the love story between the two

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

This movie just doesn't look interesting to me at all...

It didn't to me either, but it was awesome and I loved it. You are missing out if you don't go see this.

James Cameron is like the Phil Jackson of the box office.

James with his budgets and Phil always coaching Hall of Famers.
How can they not seem great at what they do?

Originally Posted by Diego

James Cameron is like the Phil Jackson of the box office.

James with his budgets and Phil always coaching Hall of Famers.
How can they not seem great at what they do?
Unlike 2012 and those other high budget cgi loaded action flicks, Cameron delivered.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Avatar's budget is probably somewhere around 250m with probably another 100m going towards the marketing. The other inflated numbers are just ridiculous (750m, like really now?). At this rate it'll definitely make back its budget with its domestic gross alone and if you add in merchandising (video games and toyline) and overseas number( could hit 1billion worldwide), it'll definitely make a huge profit.

From the articles I read a month ago, iirc, it cost $100 mil to research new graphic/cgi filming for this movie, which apparently worked as it is beingtermed a masterpiece to the eye. It was also stated that it cost $250 mil to film and another $150 mil to advertise and promote. All of those are estimates ofcourse and chances are we will never know the true cost of this movie though.

Back
Top Bottom