Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

Best movie i've seen in a long time. Watching this in 3D was literally an eye opening experience.

Hey_

I haven't seen it yet, but I must.

...He's been working on this since 1997, even though its reported that the budget was around $200 Mil, I doubt thats true.

Julius F. Wrek

It's gonna do very well, I know a few people who have seen it twice. It's that good.

Hey_

Originally Posted by 360waves

that movie is really good, the chicks brother tsu-tay is black trust me

laz-alonso09-4-6.jpg

Laz Alonso.

Julius F. Wrek

not to bring a racial thing in this but the natives were straight primitives with braids and it had me thinking, great movie though, crazy realistic animation

Avatar is a great movie. For those of you that haven't seen it, what are you waiting for?

If they make a sequel, is it still gonna be called Avatar?

Because the main character won't be an avatar no more.

crazy numbers for this epic film...and to think, it hadnt opened in japan yet last i heard...its still yet to be seen there...

Originally Posted by Diego

James Cameron is like the Phil Jackson of the box office.

James with his budgets and Phil always coaching Hall of Famers.
How can they not seem great at what they do?

it takes alot more than making some CGI filled #*** fest to be a great director...James Cameron ain't even close

this movie was written 10 years ago but Cameron didnt have the technology to film it how he wanted it.
I've seen the movie twice. One with 3D and the other without. And I completely loved it.
I wish i was an avatar so i can smash the chick in the movie
pimp.gif

to all the people who said it doesn't look interesting to them, that's exactly how i felt. to be honest, the trailer and movie posters REALLY threw meoff the movie. i felt that there was no way i could relate to these strange blue creatures and that there would be way too much CGI and not enough real humanacting.

boy i have never been so pleased so be proven wrong! lol i've already seen it twice, probably gonna watch it a 3rd time with some friends who haven'tyet. i want to get it in 3D as much as i can before it leaves theater. best believe i'm copping the blu-ray as well.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Diego

James Cameron is like the Phil Jackson of the box office.

James with his budgets and Phil always coaching Hall of Famers.
How can they not seem great at what they do?

it takes alot more than making some CGI filled #*** fest to be a great director...James Cameron ain't even close
?? titanic? aliens? the abyss?? cameron ain't just about mindless CGI and action. everything is done very well, unlike other big-budgetdirectors like michael bay
sick.gif

The second week numbers is incredibly impressive, the fact that there was nearly no drop off from the first rarely happens.

Good word of mouth and continued great reviews will certainly mean big numbers next week as well.

For those who say it doesn't seem all that interesting to them, I would suggest it's worth it for the special effects alone. This is the most visuallyadvanced film to date, the effects are unlike any other.

Back
Top Bottom