Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Diego

James Cameron is like the Phil Jackson of the box office.

James with his budgets and Phil always coaching Hall of Famers.
How can they not seem great at what they do?

it takes alot more than making some CGI filled #*** fest to be a great director...James Cameron ain't even close
indifferent.gif
first you say tarantino is the best nowthis.....
tired.gif

Saw it on a true Imax screen, my opinion is it's the most beautiful movie I've ever seen on a screen.
Wow, I was blown away by the effects & the beauty of the design.

I often recalled The Matrix 2 a lot, how dissapointed I was by the horribly designed Zion & how fake it felt. Pandora was the complete opposite, award tothe set designer, amazing.

QUESTION:

Did the 3D jump out at you?....

The 3D only jumped out the screen during the white glowing pollen things, other than that, wasn't the jumping in your FACE Christmas Carol 3D, or was itjust the IMAX 3D?..

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Saw it on a true Imax screen, my opinion is it's the most beautiful movie I've ever seen on a screen.
Wow, I was blown away by the effects & the beauty of the design.

I often recalled The Matrix 2 a lot, how dissapointed I was by the horribly designed Zion & how fake it felt. Pandora was the complete opposite, award to the set designer, amazing.

QUESTION:

The 3D only jumped out the screen during the white glowing pollen things, other than that, wasn't the jumping in your FACE Christmas Carol 3D, or was it just the IMAX 3D?..

i dont think it was a pop out of you type film. It was more about definition and detail.

And regarding people saying how the film is not attacking the box office and how there were other films that destroyed it by this point, dont understand howthis film DROPPED 2% from last week lol. Blockbuster movies don't do that.

This movie will be in the green by the point it hits DVDs and Blu Ray. And after that it will spawn books, comics, toys and so on. Who knows, maybe he willproduce a sequel sometime soon. It took so long due to the technology. Now thats in the clear, who knows...

Cameron just potentially built a new franchise on a Star Wars scale.

Think about it?

Star Wars had same acting style yet was new to the world technology wise plus it catered to all ages and genders Likewise with Avatar.

If some of you are really not interested in it, give it a shot. Especially even if you like movies because this just stepped it up for any future films in 3dbeing that it wasn't like anything ever seen before in 3d

Originally Posted by eight2one

I hate goin to the movies more n more asI get older.....

movie looks wack
what do you have to lose 8 dollars? at least give it a try, yea the trailer was weak but the movie was suprisingly good

Originally Posted by 360waves

movie looks wack
what do you have to lose 8 dollars? at least give it a try, yea the trailer was weak but the movie was suprisingly good

Trailer was hella whack, I had the same thoughts as OP but my friends basically forced me to watched it with them. Don't regret it at all, second bestmovie of this year IMO next to Inglourious Basterds. Watch it on 3d

movie was too good. it coulda did without the "she's all that" part of the movie.
laugh.gif

movie looks wack

that sucks. i need at least a few hours a week to watch movies and as i get older i will make sure this doesnt change

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

QUESTION:

The 3D only jumped out the screen during the white glowing pollen things, other than that, wasn't the jumping in your FACE Christmas Carol 3D, or was it just the IMAX 3D?..

only as you said when the pollen crosses the screen, also the plants on the the forest floor, the part when Jake points the gun in the beginning when he landsin Pandora

anywhere online I can see how this movie was made? I googled but I didnt get anything substantial(sp).

yeah this dosent look like my kind of movie. i went to see sherlock holmes and asked for the avatar glasses...he said no. i said ok.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

yeah this dosent look like my kind of movie. i went to see sherlock holmes and asked for the avatar glasses...he said no. i said ok.

Youll be sooooorrrrrry.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Youll be sooooorrrrrry.

yup you will
i doubt it. sherlock holmes was aiight. i fell asleep lol. avatar just dosent appeal to me. maybe ill watch it with my nephews on bluray orsomething.

I just saw this over the weekend. It was a cool flick but nonetheless pretty corny acting and the ending was mad predictable and cheesy. Especially duringthe whole ritual thing... I was
roll.gif
during that ceremony. I am like...come on now..

Visual feast but than again it was basically a cartoon/animated movie so obviously that's pretty much all there is to it. Too bad I didn't see it on3-D.

ok let me kill this

My wife that is the biggest anti-scifi, hates lord of the rings and Matrix and everything else in that realm said Avatar was the Best Movie Ever.

now I don't agree with her, but I can't see how anybody can be dissapointed

Back
Top Bottom