Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Diego

yeah this dosent look like my kind of movie. i went to see sherlock holmes and asked for the avatar glasses...he said no. i said ok.

Youll be sooooorrrrrry.

yup you will
i doubt it. sherlock holmes was aiight. i fell asleep lol. avatar just dosent appeal to me. maybe ill watch it with my nephews on bluray or something.

I thought the same thing, didnt find anything that caught my eye but I went anyway.
1 day later, here I am trying to tell you that youre missing out on a great film if you dont watch it.

If you dont do it for yourself, do it for your nephews. They can send me a thank you note via PM.

yeah this dosent look like my kind of movie. i went to see sherlock holmes and asked for the avatar glasses...he said no. i said ok.

Youll be sooooorrrrrry.

yup you will
i doubt it. sherlock holmes was aiight. i fell asleep lol. avatar just dosent appeal to me. maybe ill watch it with my nephews on bluray or something.

You just arent getting it man.

This isnt something you see on blu ray or on dvd or on tv. This is an experience that needs to be seen in theaters. Your review and opinion no offense wll bemeaningless once it comes to tv. The 3d puts you into this world.

dang do you guys work for them or something...lol ill go see it. if its whack i will be back!

^
laugh.gif

I seriously do feel like I've been working for James Cameron and the studio. All I do is tell people that they need to see this movie ASAP, in 3D ofpossible. I must have told 30 people.

I'm making my family go tomorrow, I enjoyed it that much.

i prefer movies on blue ray on my surround sound system with my 1080 tv.

on my couch.

hitting my bong.

Saw it on Christmas, well actually the 26th at 12. Imax 3D. All I can say is
smokin.gif
and why do I like a big blue cat girl?

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Saw it on Christmas, well actually the 26th at 12. Imax 3D. All I can say is
smokin.gif
and why do I like a big blue cat girl?
that's what good film making does lol

i was mad happy when the two got together
embarassed.gif
(not the actualsmashing scene, but when they were talking about choosing each other etc)

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Anyone that isn't blind will be sorry they didn't experience this in 3d.
qft

Youll be sooooorrrrrry.
yup you will
I thought the same thing at first, but saw it yesterday and was blown away.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This is something you must see at the theater in 3-D!

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Although I enjoyed the movie from a purely sci-fi entertainment standpoint, intentionally not analyzing the experience as it happened, there's no denying that the movie follows in the traditions of "The Last of the Mochicans" and "The Last Samurai", where a white man is accepted into a tribe and becomes their leader, betraying his race.

For those interested in that angle and further analysis of that point, here is a great article.

http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar

Cameron wrote the script 10 years ago though. America just didnt have the technology when he wrote the script that Cameron needed to make this movie exactlyhow he wanted.

Wait, why is everyone saying watch it in 3D?

I saw it in the regular theaters...what am i missing?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

ehhh this movie was okay... saw it stoned tho which was probably a mistake.. Waiting in line, waiting in the seats, overcrowded theater, long predictablemovie. I will see the imax version again and give it a 2nd try tho

This movie was the dopeness. Got extra
pimp.gif
a couple of days ago and saw it in 3D. I was very pleased...

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I just saw this over the weekend. It was a cool flick but nonetheless pretty corny acting and the ending was mad predictable and cheesy. Especially during the whole ritual thing... I was
roll.gif
during that ceremony. I am like... come on now..

Visual feast but than again it was basically a cartoon/animated movie so obviously that's pretty much all there is to it.
Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Although I enjoyed the movie from a purely sci-fi entertainment standpoint, intentionally not analyzing the experience as it happened, there's no denying that the movie follows in the traditions of "The Last of the Mochicans" and "The Last Samurai", where a white man is accepted into a tribe and becomes their leader, betraying his race.

For those interested in that angle and further analysis of that point, here is a great article.

http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar
Good point.

I don't think Cameron really set out to create a truly original story, but more of an experience with his technology and film making. His story certainly isn't original, it's been done before, now it's just on another planet.

Im sayin....and thats why I dont get why everybody has a hard on for this movie. YES, the 3D graphics and all that were great, but to call this movie epic islaughable. This movie has NO replay value. I woulda been PISSED if I'd seen it in a non 3D theater.

truth be told, this movie isnt in my 2009 top 10

Back
Top Bottom