Ayo to the prison system

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

As long as people are still breaking the law there will always be people going to prison.

You spend a lot of time on that breakthrough up there?
laugh.gif

Let's be real though. There's a good portion of _'s locked up for doing dumb ##*! or makng their 3rd go round for reverting back to the same ##*! that got them locked up the first two times. Alot of that responsiblity is on the individual. We know the system is %$%*%# up. Regardless, you know right from wrong. If you don't wanna go to prison do the right thing.

I saw too many dudes leave then come right back during my bid and I only did 6 months.

A lot of real talk in here.

The laws have been made to put a certain population behind bars. The entire justice system is a joke honestly.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

As long as people are still breaking the law there will always be people going to prison.

You spend a lot of time on that breakthrough up there?
laugh.gif
About as much time as you spend failing to realize it.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Let's be real though. There's a good portion of _'s locked up for doing dumb ##*! or makng their 3rd go round for reverting back to the same ##*! that got them locked up the first two times. Alot of that responsiblity is on the individual. We know the system is %$%*%# up. Regardless, you know right from wrong. If you don't wanna go to prison do the right thing.

I saw too many dudes leave then come right back during my bid and I only did 6 months.
You have to know how hard it is for a regular person with a felony (esp a violent crime) to get a job after they get out of prison. I know in CA, you have to say on your job application if you've been convicted of a felony. Most people with businesses that I've talked to say that they won't even give an interview to someone that checks the felony box. When you can't get a job, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Then it's usually just a matter of time before you get caught slippin' again.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

I blame gucci man and little wane

shutcho %#@ up jose
laugh.gif

but it is a form of slave labor, i don't see how its suppose to rehabilitate a person, imo it only sends them in to a deeper depression

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

The school-to-prison pipeline is one of the most important civil rights challenges facing our nation today. 

• The school-to-prison pipeline refers to the national trend of criminalizing, rather than educating, our nation’s children. 

• The pipeline encompasses the growing use of zero-tolerance discipline, school-based arrests, disciplinary alternative schools, and secured detention to marginalize our most at-risk youth and deny them access to education. 

Zero-tolerance disciplinary policies are often the first step in a child’s journey through the pipeline.

• Zero-tolerance policies impose severe discipline on students without regard to individual circumstances.  Under these policies, children have been expelled for giving Midol to a classmate, bringing household goods (including a kitchen knife) to school to donate to Goodwill, and bring¬ing scissors to class for an art project.  

• Even the American Bar Association has condemned zero-tolerance policies as inherently unjust: “zero tolerance has become a one-size-fits-all solution to all the problems that schools confront. It has redefined students as criminals, with unfortunate consequences…Unfortunately, most current [zero-tolerance] policies eliminate the common sense that comes with discretion and, at great cost to society and to children and families, do little to improve school safety.

Probably the 2 best documentaries i have seen on this subject:

The American Drug War: The Last White Hope.

http://video.google.com/v...id=-8231634812734884936#

War on Drugs (The Prison Industrial Complex) (1999)

http://video.google.com/v...00924014458&hl=en&emb=1#

Dear Niketalkers.... I would like to share my thanks to whoever participated on this thread because it is probably going to pass me in my political science class. The people need to know about the injustice that is the Drug War and the Prison Industrial Complex.

My last 2 cents:

"The Drug War actually established a false capitalistic economy driven by the money you throw at it. The more money you throw at it, the wilder it gets."

Back
Top Bottom