AZ HEADS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUPE FIASCO TOUR

So I came across this online earlier and I was wondering if ANYBODY could shed some light on it

Quote:
Lupe Fiasco

August, 23 2006 at Promo Tour
Not Available, Tucson/Phoenix, AZ
Cost:

If anybody has any info on this please let me know, thanks.
...I weigh in tonight at an astonishing 242 pounds...
...I hail from Green Bay, Wisconsin...
...Misterrrrr Kennedyyyyy...
...Kennedyyyyy...

^^ 'Nuff said about peeps in AZ! HAHA...dizamn....if you wanted to classify how hip AZ is....read above!!!

OK, I googled Lupe Fiasco and apparently he's a rapper.

I listened to a couple of his songs.

IMO he was avg / below avg.

Nothing special. Typical of today's music. We will not see another Wu Tang Clan for a very long time.
[/b]
Post count from banned screen names: 8084​

phoenix has the worst radio stations in america..all they wanna play is lil rob, baby bash and that rompe shhh
frisco' finest​
[*i represent the yay area*]​
[/b]

i swear, for the last month i have heard snap yo fingaz every hour i listen to power 92.3. if you compare lupe to what they play on the radio out here, he is a thousand times better. besides, if you ever happened by the music forum, even by accident, you would have seen his name, i swear theres 3 topics a day about him.
i need to get out of this place and back to california. Back to the Cali Caliente power mix weekend and away from the Valley Caliente power mix weekend., not that radio is any better there. (well, really that comment has nothing to do with the music and more to do with everything else)
[/center]
EBAY AUCTIONS

^^ Get Sirius Radio bro.....you won't miss out on that good Cali muzik! I too just relocated over here from Cali...only been here for 3months, and it's not bad....i just need more spots to hit up. DaBulls23 - how long have you been in AZ? Can you offer any good spots such as clothing/kicks/grub/clubs....thanks?!

I just went back to Memphis last week and I realized what I'm missing musically by living in AZ.
The radio stations here do suck.
But, power 92 is going away soon.
KTAR is splitting into KTAR News and KTAR Sports.
KTAR News will be on 92.3 FM and KTAR Sports will be on 620 AM.
I don't know if there will be a hip hip format station, but I'm sure someone will pick up the format since it's so popular.
[/b]
Post count from banned screen names: 8084​

Quote:
'Nuff said about peeps in AZ! HAHA...dizamn....if you wanted to classify how hip AZ is....read above!!!
So I guess 2 twenty something people who don't know who a rapper is determine the 'hipness' or Arizona. Don't mind the other tens of thousands of people in the valley, these two speak for the majority of them, seriously.
[/center]

I used to live in LA and always loved listening to Power 106. More recently, though, I made the switch to KROQ and some classic rock stations, which I listen to now that I live in AZ. You are right about one thing, though: the stations out here in AZ aren't the best. I was spoiled out in L.A. The only rap song I'll stop at if it's on the radio nowadays is T.I.'s "What you know"
LAX II PHX

Quote:
^^ Get Sirius Radio bro.....you won't miss out on that good Cali muzik! I too just relocated over here from Cali...only been here for 3months, and it's not bad....i just need more spots to hit up. DaBulls23 - how long have you been in AZ? Can you offer any good spots such as clothing/kicks/grub/clubs....thanks?!

oh i have sirius, its amazing, but i stil listen to regular radio every once in a while. i been in AZ about a year, and to be honest, i havent found a whole lot as far as good places for shoes. its pretty much the ones that are mentioned in all the other posts. As far as food, tons of restaurants here, but i've yet to find some good enchiladas. if u want clubs go to scottsdale, but i work a lot so i really havent hit up very many clubs. I'm just not a huge fan of this place, its not bad, but its not where i want to be so im in the process of trying to move back. Where in Cali are you from, and why did u move here?
[/center]
EBAY AUCTIONS

whoa this is crucial, zodogg, i listen to entirely too much rap and lupe is something special. he is no where close to average these days. he is a much better kanye west.
"I've always liked sneakers;that was something I responded to even at six years old. I drove my mother crazy about getting me sneakers." -Jerry Seinfeld

Quote:
phoenix has the worst radio stations in america..all they wanna play is lil rob, baby bash and that rompe shhh

This is a true statement.
TEAM DUNKINLO, if your not Dunkinlo your not on the team

Quote:
he is no where close to average these days. he is a much better kanye west.

That's the problem...all the music these days is below avg.
So...if he's good for these days, he's still avg. at best. Nothing compares to the early / mid 90's in terms of rap
S A BASKETBALL
NO GOLD SINCE 2000[/b]​

Quote:
So...if he's good for these days, he's still avg. at best. Nothing compares to the early / mid 90's in terms of rap
You sure about that? Have you picked up and thouroughly listened to any recent Talib/Common/Mos Def records? Or how about Little Brother or anything 9th Wonder-produced? Just because radio stations choose to sell out to big market music and big budgeted record labels does not mean rap music as a whole is on a downfall. There are MANY artists out there who strive to make good records and do a damn good job at it.
Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a true statement

So have you been to all 50 states and listened to every radio station they have to offer? Probably not. Phoenix stations do not differ from any other 'hip-hop' stations, regardless of location. What they play here gets as much spins as whats in New York, Chicago, Miami etc.
[/b]
Mr Mike Corleone----ricky2104----kiknbaque4sho----QBs KING 32----NikeHolic23----
DiPlOmAt TDOt----GeedupTrickyG----kingofthesouthga----oldskoolin----Jordan Novice----mrshoeman----Darma D----JsR0CKSMYS0CKS----Trinidad 623----teh0529----leocabrera----christianmendoza----ThuG LyFe----flightrice23----xxracerx20xx----thaixiii----yasutomi1982----MarkMan23----babieblueballah----JORDANFOSHO----youngwill500----rafsjays----boo800800----
enziz2nize----houstontek----suckah4sole----FlyKrnGuy7----djni89----NguyenPowderIX----LittleFo0t----holidaysmore----eccentric chiq​

all hip hop stations suck
i used to live in chicago, i never listened to the hip hop station for rap, but for the dj's and mixmasters

i was back in chicago last month, all they played was promiscuious, ALL DAY
with like 5 other songs, its like they had a rotation of songs

i dont really listen to power 92, or kiss fm that much though
classic rock all day for me 100.7 kslx, 98.7 the peak, and mix 96.9 mostly

Back to the topic....any word on the lupe tour?????
"I've always liked sneakers;that was something I responded to even at six years old. I drove my mother crazy about getting me sneakers." -Jerry Seinfeld

Back
Top Bottom