AZ in his prime> your favorite rapper of all time

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

<Kids this is what happens when you completely body a song with another man. AZ first verse is barbaric!

Dope thread wise, AZ is smooth 
I know we talking about AZ, but Nas second verse 
244sms5.gif

I remember listening to AZ in the 8th grade and considering him my fav rapper but around the 10th grade I realized that while dude is silky smooth his content isn't too deep he is like an East Coast Dom Kennedy.

I can't believe you didn't embed Your World Don't Stop or Gimme Yours those first verses are beautiful.... Or Doe Or Die

Originally Posted by swishasweets

I remember listening to AZ in the 8th grade and considering him my fav rapper but around the 10th grade I realized that while dude is silky smooth his content isn't too deep he is like an East Coast Dom Kennedy.

I can't believe you didn't embed Your World Don't Stop or Gimme Yours those first verses are beautiful.... Or Doe Or Die
laugh.gif

East Coast Dom KEnnedy!!!!!!!!!!|!!!!!! Dude I know you have to be playin so I'll leave that alone

Nope not really small reach but along the lines. I mean each has their respective coast's style all over their music but after you get deeper into their discography it kinda gets repetitive.

Skill wise its different but hopefully with my brief explanation my last statement makes more sense.

"Rather Unique" is the greatest hip-hop song of all-time.

But Jay-Z in his prime > __________.

AZ is top 5 though.

Would I be out of line to say Jay Electronica > AZ in his prime? 
nerd.gif

Btw, Life's A %+*#% should've been somewhere in that first post...

problem is that he's always associated with people that move in slow motion....

da times his career picked up was when he stepped up to da plate (sosa mixtape)

i remember when dipset wanted to sign him, back in da early 2000's, he should've took that deal like stack bundles did...you see how fast it propelled him to da

lime light?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

problem is that he's always associated with people that move in slow motion....

da times his career picked up was when he stepped up to da plate (sosa mixtape)

i remember when dipset wanted to sign him, back in da early 2000's, he should've took that deal like stack bundles did...you see how fast it propelled him to da

lime light?
yeah you already know. The Dipset thing I'm glad he didnt do though cuz he wouldnt fit in he is way too laid back.

as far as the > * .yeah easily I'd take AZ "SOSA/Aziatic" over a lot of these dudes career's.sons music was flawless

Doe or Die 2 is still coming out. Hopefully later this year.

And he is still better than your favorite MC.

The bars he drops now are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Jay's and he's been more consistently dope than Nas recently IMO.

From "The Format" to the "Doe or Die 15th year anniversary", he's been spitting crack. He just has no promotion and hasn't effectivelyadjusted to the internet era yet.

_ still raw tho...

He's in my top 5, at times #1.

AZ is definitely in my top ten faves, and is probably THE most underrated rapper ever.
But AZ in his prime <<<<<<<< Ghostface Killah

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Doe or Die 2 is still coming out. Hopefully later this year.

And he is still better than your favorite MC.

The bars he drops now are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Jay's and he's been more consistently dope than Nas recently IMO.

From "The Format" to the "Doe or Die 15th year anniversary", he's been spitting crack. He just has no promotion and hasn't�effectively�adjusted to the internet era yet.

_ still raw tho...

He's in my top 5, at times #1.

Ohh okay, later this year....
+

I don't think AZ is underrated at all. Everyone knows he can spit wit' the greats, but maybe he jus' needed to be heard by a wider audience.

He's a poor man's Nas... So even in his prime Nas is better..

And Jay is my favorite rapper so no.....

And that is a guy who loves AZ's music

Back
Top Bottom