AZ sneaker heads I need your input!!!!!!!!!

Hey PHX,

I am in the early stages of opening PHX's very first "sneaker boutique", and I need your opinions to make the store all it can be. I have a list of questions I would like responses to. Answer one of them or answer all of them, but just answer(PLEASE!).

1. What is the most important factor about where u get your sneaks?
a) Location
b) Price
c) Availability

2. How far would you be willing to drive for new exclusive sneaks?
a) No more than 5 miles
b) 5-20 miles
c) 20-40 miles
d) more than 40 miles

3. Other thank kicks, what else would you like a sneaker store to sell?

4. Other than Nike's. What other kind of sneaks would like to see us offer?

5. Any Other comments, feel free.

We are looking to open either in Ahwatukee, South-Central PHX , or Tempe. We are shooting for an AUG 2007 opening. We (my business partner and I) greatly appreciate you taking your time to help us out. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post here or send me a private message.

Thanks again!

T'Shaka Jackson
Co-Owner
Desert Soul (tentative name)

Co-Owner
Desert Soul (tentative name)

:D
happy.gif

1. Probably location, although all 3 seem to factor in together.
2. Depending on the availabilty, probably a lot more than 40 miles.
3. Reasonably priced clothing and New Era Hats
4. Variety of different basketball shoes.
5. Nothing to add right now...
[/center]

Availability first, location 2nd (obviously you dont want people lining up having to stay packing just to wait for some shoes-im sure that goes w/o saying.). i'll drive an hour if it means that there isnt 8 pairs of an l'style shoe.

more gear other than JB, southpole, and ecko. lamar & dauley, coup de g, mishka, etc SOMETHING!!! maybe even a place that actually carries sb clothing, that would be nice too. limited and a wide selection of n/e hats as listed above would be cool too.

NEW BALANCE!!! vans, adidas, and reebok of course.

make it comfortable. i want to be able to walk into a store, and not see salesmen that either a-dont know what they are talking about, b wear fakes, or c are just straight out rude. music is nice, but i want to be able to hear myself think too. walking into a store for a pair of shoes and walking out with permenant ear damage and or ruptured ear drums is NOT my idea of a shopping experiance.

1. Location and avialability
2.no more then 20 miles
3.Jordan Clothing, newera hats. some urban wear.
4. adidas, reebok, bapes if possible. puma for sure
5. Your better off in Tempe

1. Location and availability
2. I would travel no more than 40 miles for some exclusives and also depending on the clientele you bring in. I might travel a little further just to see some NT heads. Get more familiar with everyone.
3.I would like to see some of the gear that we dont get around here. Something more along the lines of what digitalgravel sells. That way I would be able to see in detail if before I cop
4.Vans, Puma, Adidas
5.Good luck

1 Price
2 Availability

if you've got them, and they're a reasonable price, I'll drive to you.

i'm goin' bald, i need some nice hats.

nothing right now.

I think if you're going to open this type of boutique, being in a college town like Tempe would probably hit your target market. Youth, urban, trendsetters, etc. I see nothing but good things. Oh and by the way, if you need some reliable, educated employees, I've got a bachelor's degree in communications and a master's in business administration, and collecting Jordans is one of my hobbies. :smile:
smile.gif

LAX II PHX

-Availability, size 13 is sometimes difficult, especially on l'style releases.

-No more than 35 miles

-fitted hats, possibly consignment, local sneaker art (customs)

-Jordan Brand, nothing else for now

-i suggest desert SOLE as a tentative name
http://store.sidelineapparel.com/newarrivals.html

CHI-TOWN AND PHOENIX PLEASE STAND UP!

Quote:
a) Location
b) Price
c) Availability

Price

Quote:
a) No more than 5 miles
b) 5-20 miles
c) 20-40 miles
d) more than 40 miles

B - 5-20 miles

Quote:

Shoe accessories (laces, etc)
Clothing
Mitchell & Ness jerseys
Socks

Quote:

I don't wear anything other than Nikes so I really can't answer this

Quote:

Make the shoes available.
Don't allow resellers to buy up everything, don't allow employees to buy up everything, and hook up their friends. I should have just as much of a chance to get something cool as the guy whose cousin is the cashier.
Also, don't over-inflate prices. This market doesn't currently have a true "sneaker botique" but you can usually get good prices on stuff that's out at places like Industrial or Shiekhs. Don't over inflate the prices in the Phx market.

YOUR PHOENIX SUNS[/b]​

I'd say price, availability and location are all very important
Zodogg:
Don't allow resellers to buy up everything, don't allow employees to buy up everything, and hook up their friends. I should have just as much of a chance to get something cool as the guy whose cousin is the cashier.
Don't over inflate the prices in the Phx market.

PREACH!!!!

also, I sent you a message regarding your development...
Wanted: DS-NDS Nike AF1 Pixie sz10 ONLY
blingbling100@gmail.com

[url=http://p093.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm15.showMessage?topicID=49839.topic]FS- DUNK IRONS, CO JPs, BANDAIDS, HUARACHES sz10.5-11[/url]
[/quote]

I'm just going to add this because I still want to open a store in the Maricopa county.
GOOD LUCK!!! There's alot of crazy sneaker heads in PHX area, and I know it'll pop off.
Desert Soul? Change it to Desert "SOLE" like the sole of a shoe!!!!!

TEAM DUNKINLO, if your not Dunkinlo your not on the team

carry sizes for the big guys. size 14 and 15.
49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Member 80:The Dynasty will soon return!!!​

Thank you for all of your input! We greatly appreciate it. First, "Desert Sole" is the name that we will be using. Second I want to assure all of you that we will not sell fakes or variants of any kind. We also will have fair prices. We want to make money, but my partner and I feel that fair prices will lead to more business, respect, and love from the heads out there. Please keep your ideas and suggestions coming. We will be launching our temp website soon, I will let you know when thats up. Also we are trying to design a HOT!!! logo for T's and hats. If any of you are artists or graphic designers, please holler at me, we will be paying somebody to design it for us, i would rather have it be someone who could use the money and the exposure. Again please keep those ideas and suggestions coming, and PM me if you feel the need.

T'Shaka

a) Location
b) Price
c) Availability

Availability

a) No more than 5 miles
b) 5-20 miles
c) 20-40 miles
d) more than 40 miles

B - 5-20 miles

clothes (all the urban ones that are missing here in PHX), posters, collectibles, mixtapes

Adidas, Bapes, Reebok, Ice Cream, Filas...

make it an open space....feel of freedom, not all congested w/stuff goin on. important thing other than the kicks is to have fly gear, cuz her in AZ....ain't nuttin here, i gotta get my stuff during family trips in CA
Also, don't over-inflate prices. This market doesn't currently have a true "sneaker botique" but you can usually get good prices on stuff that's out at places like Industrial or Shiekhs. Don't over inflate the prices in the Phx market.

^ Dude posted exactly what I said without using the quote feature. SMH

YOUR PHOENIX SUNS[/b]​

Hey! Im good with photoshop and illustartor. Let me know if yous need help designing anything. Let me know what you are looking for and ill send you some designs that i make up!
By the way, im in the process of starting a site like nicekicks.com, but with a forum and possibly a store to buy shoes. Let me know if you need help with anything?

IF UR REALLY GUNNA OPEN A SHOP JUST HAVE GR8 CUSTOMER SERVICE... THERE ARE SOME SPOTS IN SOCAL THAT I HATE GOING TO JUST CUZ THEY ACT LIKE THEY BETTER THAN U!!!! YALL KNOW EXACTLY WHO IM TALKING BOUT...AND IF U R GUNNA SELL STREETWEAR CLOTHING OR WHATEVER U WANNA CALL IT...MAKE SURE U LIMIT UR SALES CUZ IF YOU SELL TO MUCH IT LOSES ITS APPEAL....YA DIG....PZ,,,
AIM....OGWDR

just make sure its as far away from sheikhs clothing as possible, there are already enough stores in AZ that have incredibly lame jeezy-esque angry snow man 17XL tees, same goes for bulls**t scarface tees and any lame tee that has drug hustling related bulls**t on it. I really would like to see some good SB stuff or possibly Nike white label if you could get it, no 6.0 nonsense, other digitalgravel labels would be cool too. other than that make it a unique little atmosphere and have some fair prices.
"I've always liked sneakers;that was something I responded to even at six years old. I drove my mother crazy about getting me sneakers." -Jerry Seinfeld

Make sure you have SBs, since I think thats what most heads buy around here, more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom