Baby Showers for Men is the New Trend?

I don't even drink. Drinking or getting dronk is never an incentive for me to go somewhere LOL.

Yea I think of a bunch of pink and light blue, women screaming, sharing stories, gift wrap. Gossiping. Those are the mental images I get when I think of a BS.

Just because it is 2010 doesn't mean I am wrong for not being open to things traditionally set aside for females. I told you, I want to hold on to my manhood at all costs.

I won't be missed. I am not "not supporting" my girl because I am not there. That is HER time to be with HER folks.

I never attend baby showers but I'm def going to my best friends (since I know the couple well)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I don't even drink. Drinking or getting dronk is never an incentive for me to go somewhere LOL.

Yea I think of a bunch of pink and light blue, women screaming, sharing stories, gift wrap. Gossiping. Those are the mental images I get when I think of a BS.

Just because it is 2010 doesn't mean I am wrong for not being open to things traditionally set aside for females. I told you, I want to hold on to my manhood at all costs.

I won't be missed. I am not "not supporting" my girl because I am not there. That is HER time to be with HER folks.
Wait, you're talking about not going to your own seed's shower?  Yikes...

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

The baby shower is for the woman. Don't flip it and make it seem as though I am disrespecting my child by not going.

I believe men have no place at baby showers.

So if you want to make it out to be me not supporting "my seed" then I guess that is what you can interpret from me not being there.
laugh.gif

I don't view it as that. I just don't want to be around a large amount of estrogen levels. Not my cup of tea.

The same way I wouldn't want to go on the set of Wendy Williams or Oprah

The baby shower is for the woman. Don't flip it and make it seem as though I am disrespecting my child by not going.

I believe men have no place at baby showers.

So if you want to make it out to be me not supporting "my seed" then I guess that is what you can interpret from me not being there.
laugh.gif

I don't view it as that. I just don't want to be around a large amount of estrogen levels. Not my cup of tea.

The same way I wouldn't want to go on the set of Wendy Williams or Oprah

Woah, I'm not flipping anything as disrespecting your seed.  I agree with you 100%.  I feel like I'm not being clear.  I did not want to go to my own gf's baby shower and did not enjoy being there for one second.  I was just saying good luck telling your girl all that ^.

Any woman I deal with understand and know my mentality when it comes to gender roles/activities that are acceptable. So I am sure it won't be an issue. I won't budge, I won't be there. I don't care if she cries about it or not.

LOL My fault, I thought you were coming at me. LOL

What went on at your girls BS? How many other dudes were there?

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i can understand men not throwing baby showers...but whats wrong with attending one? what if its your wifes baby shower? i never heard of a guy not wanting to ATTEND a baby shower.
I didn't mean to confuse, I meant I'm against men throwing a baby shower.  However, I've only been to one baby shower, my own, and I don't think I want to go to any others especially if I'm not dragged to it.

Im wit you on being against men throwing a baby shower.
But how you gon say you wouldnt go to one unless you were dragged to it. The conventional idea of baby showers is out the window. Its no longer estrogen filled people opening baby gifts. I been to many baby showers and it really is no different than any other party where people get drunk and have sex in the bathrooms.

Originally Posted by J23S

2010, gender lines are becoming non-existent day after day.

I have heard more dudes going to and having them. Always thought this was a woman thing. But these days, if you say something is for a certain sex, folks look at you as if you are the devil.

I wouldn't attend one
I'm with you one on this. Its seems like the world has become so sensitive to certain topics and if we oppose them we are close minded
eyes.gif
Just imagine what 2030 will look like
sick.gif
haha yea I hate when people throw out that you're close minded just because you don't like certain things.  GTFOHWTS

Some of her childhood male friends were there, I don't know why. But it was her mom her aunts and their kids. Like 20 kids between the ages of 1-13 were there (my nightmare, seriously). As I said before, only one of my boys showed up because he was dragged there with his gf. There were some weird games that I avoided and then she sat in this throne looking chair and got presents on top of presents while I had to sit next to her on some kid chair and act like I knew all these spanish people. However, feigning happiness was no problem because here's something about baby showers I somehow never realized. It is a cash cow of presents. We must've gotten over $3000 worth of baby clothes, diapers, toys, you name it. Even the duplicate gifts we could return to Baby's R Us and got like a $600 gift card that we used to buy other stuff. Still awful though.

Some of her childhood male friends were there, I don't know why. But it was her mom her aunts and their kids. Like 20 kids between the ages of 1-13 were there (my nightmare, seriously). As I said before, only one of my boys showed up because he was dragged there with his gf. There were some weird games that I avoided and then she sat in this throne looking chair and got presents on top of presents while I had to sit next to her on some kid chair and act like I knew all these spanish people. However, feigning happiness was no problem because here's something about baby showers I somehow never realized. It is a cash cow of presents. We must've gotten over $3000 worth of baby clothes, diapers, toys, you name it. Even the duplicate gifts we could return to Baby's R Us and got like a $600 gift card that we used to buy other stuff. Still awful though.
Yea but those things would have been gotten whether you showed up or not.
laugh.gif

So DC, if/when you get married/have children, you're not attending your wife's baby shower? Even if other guys are in attendance?

So DC, if/when you get married/have children, you're not attending your wife's baby shower? Even if other guys are in attendance?
LOL. Just because others have their balls cut off doesn't mean I have to join them. Other men being there doesn't make me WANT to go any more or not go any less.

I am NOT going to show up. Point blank.

Don't care if I was married to the other of Jesus, I wouldn't go.

DC if I could've skipped out without hearing lip from half the country of DR, then I would've. But again, good luck bringing up logical points on how the man doesn't have to be there, and having a pregnant woman be practical, reasonable, and understanding of the male point of view.

I wouldn't want to go because its boring. Unless all of my friends will be there as well, then it will be two separate parties. But both under the baby shower umbrella though, I guess.

LOL. Just because others have their balls cut off doesn't mean I have to join them. Other men being there doesn't make me WANT to go any more or not go any less.

I am NOT going to show up. Point blank.

Don't care if I was married to the other of Jesus, I wouldn't go.

Yeah thytkerjebbers, just because other dudes are open minded, it does not mean that DC is open minded and secure in his masculinity.

Who knows what kind of cooties those pregnant women may have. 

I have 2 boys, so my wife has had 2 baby showers, and I didn't attend either one and heard nothing from her about it.

There was no other guys there either time, and I honestly had no clue any guy has ever went to one.

Originally Posted by Diego

Yeah thytkerjebbers, just because other dudes are open minded, it does not mean that DC is open minded and secure in his masculinity.

Who knows what kind of cooties those pregnant women may have. 
laugh.gif

I have 2 boys, so my wife has had 2 baby showers, and I didn't attend either one and heard nothing from her about it.

There was no other guys there either time, and I honestly had no clue any guy has ever went to one.
pimp.gif

I went to the shower for my daughter.

In all honesty I went for the food
laugh.gif

My kids mom told me to bring a friend or two because if not, I would be beyond bored. We ended up blowin a L, talking about my impending fatherhood, and playing Modern Warfare.

And it was all catered
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

There's broads for days at baby showers...Pay attention
Not an excuse to be there. Women are everywhere. I am too old to be motivated by the "girls are there" trump card. Women are everywhere. Many of them. Don't give a damn if girls are there

Back
Top Bottom