Baby Showers for Men is the New Trend?

I'm all about thinking outside the box, but seriously?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Sean Price Baby Show & Performance Tonight At Santos (NYC):

Sean Price is known for many things. A rapper from Brooklyn, NY, an entrepreneur as the head of Ruck Down Records, a natural-born comedian, father to sons, and the wittiest with a pen right now. One thing Sean Price is not, is a father to a daughter. Come Mid-March that will ALL change as Sean P! is welcoming baby girl SHAUN PRICE into the world.

Join Sean Price for the first ever Rap Baby Shower & Performance TONIGHT at:

Santos Party House on 96 Lafayette Street, New York, NY.

From 7:30PM to 11:30PM.

Entry in the form of a baby gift for Sean Price's unborn daughter OR pay for gifts at Babies R Us registry and bring your receipt.

Registry # is 44767770 or
Click here to view Sean Price's Registry Page

http://www.toysrus.com/registry/sea...B17-677D-4966-0FA88561A9BD&overrideStore=TRUS
Tickets will NOT be sold for this event. The only way to enter is with a gift or a receipt as proof of a gift.

2010, gender lines are becoming non-existent day after day.

I have heard more dudes going to and having them. Always thought this was a woman thing. But these days, if you say something is for a certain sex, folks look at you as if you are the devil.

I wouldn't attend one

Just because this man is having one, does not make it a trend. I didn't even want to go to my own daughter's baby shower.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I have heard more dudes going to and having them. Always thought this was a woman thing. But these days, if you say something is for a certain sex, folks look at you as if you are the devil.

I wouldn't attend one
I'm with you one on this. Its seems like the world has become so sensitive to certain topics and if we oppose them we are close minded
eyes.gif
Just imagine what 2030 will look like
sick.gif

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Just because this man is having one, does not make it a trend. I didn't even want to go to my own daughter's baby shower.
one of my boy's had one like 3 years ago. luckily, i was out of town and was able to miss it. 

^ If you were in town, would you have gone?
i don't think so. i don't want to subsidize that kind of behavior. his (now ex-) wife put him up to it to begin with.  she didn't have any friends (to throw her a shower) and he has a lot of good friends. 

I had one pic on my facebook and everything, My girl was crabbing and aint want one so my moms put it together seeing as this is my first child it was really nice, it was enjoyable we got drunk and celebrated my new arrival, I dont see what the big deal is

In the latino community, at least, attending baby showers is no longer just a female thing. The only difference is that we require a pregnant woman to have a shower, I aint never heard of an expecting man deciding to have one of these for himself.

i dont see what the problem is..

#manlaw a man should not be at a bridal shower
#manlaw its ok to go to a baby shower

cmon people its 2010

Originally Posted by Diego

In the latino community, at least, attending baby showers is no longer just a female thing. The only difference is that we require a pregnant woman to have a shower, I aint never heard of an expecting man deciding to have one of these for himself.

My baby shower (gf's half dominican) was attended by damn near a hundred people on her side.  Except for my close family, only one of my boys showed up only because his girl is my girl's friend.  They were all getting high instead.  I can't even be too mad at them.  My girl was like "I dare one of my friends to not show up, it would've been wrap."

I wouldn't attend one

[riley from the boondocks]not trying to pole ride or anything[/riley from the boondocks] but i'm starting to agree with you more and more each day

laugh.gif
Sean P is the man, but my partna sent out a text message email to all my friends saying he want all his boys to be at his baby shower i had to respond with a
indifferent.gif

Sean P c'mon son!
P is my man and is as thorough as they come...............but c'mon son.
I'm still a fan though so.........
DUCK DOWN!!!!!!!!!...........
but seriously.

So if your homeboy bout to be a father... Ya wouldn't attend? My cousin had a kid last year and I went to his baby shower.. That makes me a homosexual? lol smh

I would never go to a baby shower solo, if I was in a serious relationship with a girl thats bout to be my wife and mutual female friends are bringin their men that I'm cool with then maybe I would do it, but even then I would be hesistant as anything

I didn't even wanna step foot in my sisters baby shower and I was 17 at the time

i can understand men not throwing baby showers...but whats wrong with attending one? what if its your wifes baby shower? i never heard of a guy not wanting to ATTEND a baby shower.

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

i dont see what the problem is..

#manlaw a man should not be at a bridal shower
#manlaw its ok to go to a baby shower

cmon people its 2010
What do you mean it is 2010? What are you implying?

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i can understand men not throwing baby showers...but whats wrong with attending one? what if its your wifes baby shower? i never heard of a guy not wanting to ATTEND a baby shower.
I didn't mean to confuse, I meant I'm against men throwing a baby shower.  However, I've only been to one baby shower, my own, and I don't think I want to go to any others especially if I'm not dragged to it.

What my man Wiki said:

Traditionally, a baby shower is held only for the mother-to-be, andonly women attend. The original intent was for women to share wisdomand lessons on the art of becoming a mother.

Many people choose to have baby showers for both parents, and some people have a men-only shower. In Jewish and Ethiopian tradition, a celebration and gift reception is held only after the birth of a child.

Traditionally, baby showers were given only for the family's firstchild, but over time, it has become more common to hold them forsubsequent or adopted children.[sup][citation needed][/sup]Even when a shower is held for only the first child, it is not uncommonfor a parent to have more than one baby shower, such as one withfriends and another with co-workers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_shower

THAT is why I am against it. I think of FEMALES when I think of people attending a baby shower. I don't want to be there and will not go.

What my man Wiki said:

Traditionally, a baby shower is held only for the mother-to-be, and only women attend. The original intent was for women to share wisdom and lessons on the art of becoming a mother.

Many people choose to have baby showers for both parents, and some people have a men-only shower. In Jewish and Ethiopian tradition, a celebration and gift reception is held only after the birth of a child.

Traditionally, baby showers were given only for the family's first child, but over time, it has become more common to hold them for subsequent or adopted children.[sup][citation needed][/sup] Even when a shower is held for only the first child, it is not uncommon for a parent to have more than one baby shower, such as one with friends and another with co-workers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_shower

THAT is why I am against it. I think of FEMALES when I think of people attending a baby shower. I don't want to be there and will not go.

You're not missing anything.  Even getting drunk doesn't make it better.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i'll attend one that's for an expecting lady.  not a dude (even if men could have babies, which is a topic for another thread). 

Back
Top Bottom