Bad Car Loan - Anyone else trapped?

He was much more forward than me but this. Definitely do not get the tints OP. Basically the same way you made a bunch of decisions for your girl that led to getting into this predicament, you need to make a bunch of similar decisions for yourself to get out. I am pretty sure you can resolve this by Summer 2023 with the right moves and for your situation, fortunately they are not even that drastic. I have faith in you OP, keep your head up.
The tint is not entirely aesthetic, by keeping the car cooler it reduces AC usage, and it also preserves the interior long term.

In terms of improved visibility it doesn't just help during Sunny days, it also helps on rainy days. In an untinted car, you get temporarily blinded by all the droplets on your windows getting flared by headlights from oncoming traffic, noticeable the most when making turns.

And as far as break ins, if folks can't see what's in the car they're less likely to try:nerd:

The tint is not entirely aesthetic, by keeping the car cooler it reduces AC usage, and it also preserves the interior long term.

In terms of improved visibility it doesn't just help during Sunny days, it also helps on rainy days. In an untinted car, you get temporarily blinded by all the droplets on your windows getting flared by headlights from oncoming traffic, noticeable the most when making turns.

And as far as break ins, if folks can't see what's in the car they're less likely to try:nerd:
If your account is going to be close to 0 because of tint you don't need the tint.
Save yourself an emergency fund of like 1500 bucks and get the tint in 3 months when you actually have the extra money.
Never had tinted windows and my interior is fine after 12 years and just keep **** in your trunk until you do get the tint.

Them used car salesman musta been licking their chops when man walked thru them doors. Licking their chops. All thats left is if op had his a1 credit grandmother co-sign the deal.

Would this service be interesting to anyone? Think they will be doing refi to help you own it outright soon

I dont get how it works. Say I'm right side up on my car but dont like the payment, car is worth 10k, I got 8k of payments left. So they'll give me a 10k credit card? How does that help me

I dont get how it works. Say I'm right side up on my car but dont like the payment, car is worth 10k, I got 8k of payments left. So they'll give me a 10k credit card? How does that help me

Access to liquidity - it’s currently only if you own the car, not for people who loan. That’s part of the roadmap.

yea i appreciate it I read up on it. I mistakenly attached that post to the og post of the thread. Due to the Kia debacle, feels like I aint never gonna get out from under my SUV. I am down to like 15 months left on it though

yea Meth be collaborating with 12 but it's all good. Gotta keep the site clean or it becomes a cesspool of nsfw content and misogyny like every other forum

i know someone who was in this situation had someone steal and wreck the car was able to get out the loan

joey-joey-tribbian.gif

If somebody stole it and they found it totaled out, it’s nothing anybody can do about it 👀
Was in a similar situation and the heavenly gates opened and someone jacked me and wrecked it in a high speed chase. Got me something nice for the low with the insurance $$……Somehow someway it’ll work out for you homie. Just keep ya head up

Last edited:
Mind sharing your story?

Elon slashed prices on all Teslas today. My 2023 October Model 3 was $47k, its down to $44k. But then they're eligible for the federal rebate, so it's an extra $7500 off. That brings it down to $36500. That effectively brings down the used car prices. So I have $36000 on my loan (I put $11k down) and its current value is about $32k.

That's not even the worst situation. My boy got a Model Y in November when it was $66k. It's now $53k - $7500 federal rebate = $45,500.

$15k-$20k lost overnight.

Back
Top Bottom