Bald NTers Enter vol. I'm joining the ranks

I'm 23 and I've decided to join the ranks. For the past year and some change I've masked the bald spot at the crown by using black ice. :lol:

But now I'm like **** it, time to save money and just man up and shave it bald. I'm not really interested in trying hair growth products or even having a close cut. It's tough because other than the thinning, the wave game has been immaculate. Slowly but surely it's devolved into a whirlpool and I'm bowing out gracefully.

I'm probably gone cut it Friday night so I can have a weekend to tan it and comeback to work clean shaven on Monday.

With all that said... are there any tips, recommended products, "maintenance," etc. I should be aware of?

Invest in good razors, I use bic advanced 3 razors, they get close to the scalp without leaving stubble
Also get some good moisturizer for the face and scalp
Baby oil will leave a crazy shine but its good for the scalp( at least for me) but there are other products
Take your time shaving to prevent cuts and nixs( you will bleed hella crazy)
Also learn when to go against the grain/not against the grain
Steam a towel or get a towel really hot with water and place on head to open pours, to get a better shave
I use Dove mens soap to clean my head because its not harsh or alcohol based(which could cause bumps if you use something with alot of alcohol)
For me at least I shave every other day, if you shave everyday, the hair grows back alot faster
Welcome Home( Shaq voice)

Shave with the grain to avoid bumps. 

Can also use a wahl 5 star shaver if you do decide to go against the grain.

i just use the single blade bic, new razor every shave though, every 2 days, use good products to avoid bumps and irritation

Invest in good razors, I use bic advanced 3 razors, they get close to the scalp without leaving stubble
Also get some good moisturizer for the face and scalp
Baby oil will leave a crazy shine but its good for the scalp( at least for me) but there are other products
Take your time shaving to prevent cuts and nixs( you will bleed hella crazy)
Also learn when to go against the grain/not against the grain
Steam a towel or get a towel really hot with water and place on head to open pours, to get a better shave
I use Dove mens soap to clean my head because its not harsh or alcohol based(which could cause bumps if you use something with alot of alcohol)
For me at least I shave every other day, if you shave everyday, the hair grows back alot faster
Welcome Home( Shaq voice)

Preciate the advice fam. Every other day sounds manageable for me, that's how I do with my "Paul Pierce beard" anyways. :lol: I know you said don't go to hard on alcohol based products, but do you recommend using aftershave?

i just use the single blade bic, new razor every shave though, every 2 days, use good products to avoid bumps and irritation

Any products in particular? I want a good selection to choose from when I make my Wal-Mart tomorrow.

I can't imagine being bald. Dat feel. 

I had to shave my head bald a few yrs back when I ****** up my hairline. Wasn't too bad.

You can use aftershave that's not alcohol based, like a hair lotion
My girl has some stuff from ulta that works really smooth
Alot of the girl products don't have lye or alcohol base, I'll ask her tomorrow the lotion she uses(she's sleep)
Edit: I used to buy stuff from this website until I found out the blades are bic advance 3 but check them out
http://www.headblade.com/
Also check these guys out of Austin
They have mens apothecary
http://www.stagaustin.com/

Last edited:
i use sensitive skin edge gel, then finish off with aftershave, got a few different after shaves, Dove, GAP, Burberry, hot wet towel before and after as well

I shaved my head bald when I was 15, haven't looked back since. When shaving, go slow and be careful not to nick yourself. Embrace it, it's awesome. Awkward at first but awesome.

I shaved my head bald when I was 15, haven't looked back since. When shaving, go slow and be careful not to nick yourself. Embrace it, it's awesome. Awkward at first but awesome.
really is nice! and the ladies DO love it!!! get so much play with the shiner
pimp.gif

Afraid to eem be in this thread, b

-goes to the nearest mirror to ensure scalp is full of hair-

-sigh of relief-

You can use aftershave that's not alcohol based, like a hair lotion
My girl has some stuff from ulta that works really smooth
Alot of the girl products don't have lye or alcohol base, I'll ask her tomorrow the lotion she uses(she's sleep)
Edit: I used to buy stuff from this website until I found out the blades are bic advance 3 but check them out
http://www.headblade.com/
Also check these guys out of Austin
They have mens apothecary
http://www.stagaustin.com/

I'm familiar with the headblade, I'll look into it. It's like I'm entering a whole new world. Not even 5 years ago I bout some Andis, virtually useless to me now. Bout to bequeath the wave grease, brushes, and durags to my nephew. Tell the lil homie let that cape fly majestically in the wind. :pimp:

Afraid to eem be in this thread, b

-goes to the nearest mirror to ensure scalp is full of hair-

-sigh of relief-

Man. I NEVER thought it would be me. All I'm thinking bout is all the compliments about how young I look will disappear. "What high school do you go to?" ... (response: nah I'm outta school). Bald head might age me 6-7 years to my actual age lmao

Took the plunge earlier this year. Was definitely awkward at first but it grows on you (no pun intended) 8)

And ladies do lowkey like bald heads especially if you got the beard with it :pimp:

I'm 35 and got a definite thin spot going on..It would be easily noticeable but I have long hair, past my shoulders, so I can comb it back and cover it or rock a pony tail to camo it..I plan on going totally shaved when I'm 40..

Last edited:
Startin goin bald for the summer, might just keep it. I use the Bic razors like [COLOR=#red]mugen81[/COLOR] but have been usin Softsheen Magic Shave Razorless cream (sort of like Nair for ur head) Been trying to figure out how to avoid razor bumps (coarse black hair ftl) but will probably go back to blades soon. The Bics are inexpensive and get good and close.

Use a gel since it lathers thick to avoid razor burn and use any aftershave or anything w/ Aloe in it to sooth the skin once you're done

^^^ I have coarse hair myself but for the life of me Magic Shave irritates the hell out of my skin
But I cosign gel but recently I have been using foam, have one of those dispensers that heats it up like at the barbershops
Also if you have patience and time, a straight razor is boss but you have to be really careful
Here is the stuff my girl uses that works on my head so it won't dry out
http://m.ulta.com/mt/www.ulta.com//...push&navCount=1&un_jtt_v_tab=details#details2
Cosign anything with aloe and also Shea butter works great too

Last edited:
Welcome home bro...I always said I wouldn't fight it when the time came also. I was around the same age.

Like was said earlier, invest in solid razors and cream. I usually shave every other day and lotion up afterwards. Crazy how people always ask if use some shine for my head.

Only downside is your only styles are clean shaven and stubble.

Upside, we stand out. Chicks love to rub the dome. You can definitely get action with it as ice breaker.

Back
Top Bottom