ban on "metrosexual" attire

Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox

Originally Posted by dnycemodel

Originally Posted by SuperPirate

This guy is very upset

metrosexual.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/lil penny/MTK_cheaboy/lil_penny_closeup.jpg?o=3

REAL LIFE LIL PENNY
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

Whats the difference between this dress code, and the dress code of any other club? You are allowed to discriminate based on appearance when operating a night club correct?

Whats the difference between this dress code, and the dress code of any other club? You are allowed to discriminate based on appearance when operating a night club correct?

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

It's just a way for them to circumvent discrimination rules/laws and not allow homosexual men in. I know, it sounds stupid, but it sounds a lot better than just straight out saying "No Homosexual Men Allowed". I have spent some time in Australia, and in at least the parts I was staying in, only the gay men were working that preppy look. All the other guys were shirts, jeans, sneakers, or boots.
This. Never been to Australia, but it seems like this is along the same lines as "No nappy hair" or "No spiked hair" or something.

hmm... So you guys are stereotyping gay men's dressing habits?
If they say "no baggy jeans, sneakers, and baseball caps" ...are they trying to keep african-american men from coming in?

You can't complain about a policy because it violates the ability of a certain person to keep in line with their stereotype.
Have you been to Australia?  I have, and when I was there; mostly the gay men dressed preppy.  Like it or not - stereotypes are out there.  It's the reason why because I am a tall black guy that at first glance I am viewed as something that I am not.

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

It's just a way for them to circumvent discrimination rules/laws and not allow homosexual men in. I know, it sounds stupid, but it sounds a lot better than just straight out saying "No Homosexual Men Allowed". I have spent some time in Australia, and in at least the parts I was staying in, only the gay men were working that preppy look. All the other guys were shirts, jeans, sneakers, or boots.
This. Never been to Australia, but it seems like this is along the same lines as "No nappy hair" or "No spiked hair" or something.

hmm... So you guys are stereotyping gay men's dressing habits?
If they say "no baggy jeans, sneakers, and baseball caps" ...are they trying to keep african-american men from coming in?

You can't complain about a policy because it violates the ability of a certain person to keep in line with their stereotype.
Have you been to Australia?  I have, and when I was there; mostly the gay men dressed preppy.  Like it or not - stereotypes are out there.  It's the reason why because I am a tall black guy that at first glance I am viewed as something that I am not.

Originally Posted by Its A DC Thing

What's the big deal? Same as when they tell folks not to wear athletic attire. Pretty sure there's other spots to hit without the restriction

Originally Posted by Its A DC Thing

What's the big deal? Same as when they tell folks not to wear athletic attire. Pretty sure there's other spots to hit without the restriction

Who cares go to a different club. Hell some spots wont let you in if you got a neck tattoo. Alot of places have dumb dress codes.

Who cares go to a different club. Hell some spots wont let you in if you got a neck tattoo. Alot of places have dumb dress codes.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

This.  
Nothing much happens, so they have to put some story up, why not piss off a tiny little group of men.  Perth is boring anyway.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

This.  
Nothing much happens, so they have to put some story up, why not piss off a tiny little group of men.  Perth is boring anyway.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

I must say:

The more I hear about Australia, the less I like it.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK 
roll.gif

Perth is a pretty Bogan city though, I don't think they like metros much there.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

I must say:

The more I hear about Australia, the less I like it.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK 
roll.gif

Perth is a pretty Bogan city though, I don't think they like metros much there.

Back
Top Bottom