Bank$ - Goddess Album Thread

banks_goddess.jpeg

packshot-back-500x500.jpg

"I got some dirt on my shoes," Jillian Banks sings on "Beggin for Thread," as if she just tracked it in from the graveyard across your new white rug with a c'est la vie  shrug. Following several online releases, her debut LP confirms a beguiling, diaristic voice that echoes avant-pop forebears (Aaliyah, Fiona Apple, Kate Bush) and a taste for gloomy, synth-centric productions. On "Someone New," electronics stripped off, you hear a singer needing more song. But elsewhere, parsing romantic doubt over humming hardware, emotions swell like storm clouds. And when she fully brings the weather – see the f-bombing title track – it's something to behold.

Read more:  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/banks-goddess-20140909#ixzz3EZVaCTAL  

Last edited:
I went through it a couple times but honestly, FKA Twigs album has completely blocked its shine. Funny cause this time last year it was Bank's London EP that got in the way and kept me from really getting into Twig's EPs.  I need more time with it but it's not anywhere near as dark or personal as London. Definitely not bad, it just needs more spins. 

Last edited:
She is my favorite female artist. Had a chance to catch her live and I fell in love...she was too fly.
Great album...been preaching banks to everyone I know who would listen to this type of music

Back
Top Bottom