Bape NY closing down.... Vol. This ain't 2004 no more....

Melodramatic as it may sound, it’s the end of an era for BAPE New York. Opened in an unmarked but highly-identifiable storefront on 91 Greene St. in 2005, BAPE’s SoHo outpost has become a bastion of streetwear for East Coast fans, often having to limit the number of people allowed to enter the store at a time on days of big releases. Times have changed, however, and it appears that BAPE’s retail operation in the states may be suffering. Signs of trouble abounded, including the closure of the brand’s LA outpost and the purchase of 90% of BAPE’s stock for a measly $2.8 million USD by Chinese apparel conglomerate I.T Ltd. Nonetheless, it remains significant that the store in New York City has been confirmed to close on the 30th July. What do you think the future will hold for BAPE?

Melodramatic as it may sound, it’s the end of an era for BAPE New York. Opened in an unmarked but highly-identifiable storefront on 91 Greene St. in 2005, BAPE’s SoHo outpost has become a bastion of streetwear for East Coast fans, often having to limit the number of people allowed to enter the store at a time on days of big releases. Times have changed, however, and it appears that BAPE’s retail operation in the states may be suffering. Signs of trouble abounded, including the closure of the brand’s LA outpost and the purchase of 90% of BAPE’s stock for a measly $2.8 million USD by Chinese apparel conglomerate I.T Ltd. Nonetheless, it remains significant that the store in New York City has been confirmed to close on the 30th July. What do you think the future will hold for BAPE?

Will they have a closeout sale?
nerd.gif

First Wayne drops another garbage %#* tape and now Bape closes...2005 is officially over for me

First Wayne drops another garbage %#* tape and now Bape closes...2005 is officially over for me

cuz they aint payin no famous ppl no money to come thru or wear nomore so theyre done theyre name didnt hit that far they should of kept pushin

cuz they aint payin no famous ppl no money to come thru or wear nomore so theyre done theyre name didnt hit that far they should of kept pushin

What a surprise. I wonder what wave every high school kid is gonna ride next...

Back
Top Bottom