Barkley Air Max 2 CB 94 sizing?

how do these fit? are they true to size?
i'm looking to pick up a pair of the original suns colorway that retroed last year (black/white/purple).
off the top of my head, i found these to be true to size: kobe iv, kobe v, penny iii, penny ii...
on the other hand, i've gone half size down for AF1s and a half size up for the previous barkley model (air force max/fab 5 version)

Originally Posted by bohrdom

how do these fit? are they true to size?
i'm looking to pick up a pair of the original suns colorway that retroed last year (black/white/purple).
off the top of my head, i found these to be true to size: kobe iv, kobe v, penny iii, penny ii...
on the other hand, i've gone half size down for AF1s and a half size up for the previous barkley model (air force max/fab 5 version)

I'd say they're slightly on the neat side, toe box is just a bit pokey, and they're just slightly narrow.

My advice would be stick with your true size... but your comments about the Air Force Max throw me off a bit becasue i'm the size in those as the Kobe IV and Penny 3.

Take my advice with a pinch of salt, and see if anyone else chips in.

much thanks swingshot. i've actually found your responses on the sneaker review board to be some of the more detailed and helpful in figuring out sizing.
as for the air force max thing, i don't know why either because it stumped me at first too, some people telling me go up half size and others claiming they fit true...

Originally Posted by bohrdom

i don't know why either because it stumped me at first too, some people telling me go up half size and others claiming they fit true...

Warning long post:

Digged out a few shoes as much to satisfy my own curiosity. All shoes are Size 11.

OG Air Force Max CB from 1993 Well worn in -If an upper is going to strech, or a midsole compress, it will be on these.

Another pair of the same shoes, dead stock.

Air Force Maxes from 2007, also unworn.

(All are nubuck, or nubuck and leather)

In each case the shoe runs neat from heel to toe, and is a snug fit across the width of the foot.. before the strap is even fastened.

On this basis, i could well believe that you may have to go up half a size from your true size.

As for the Air Max 2 Cb... heel to toe it runs a bit longer than the other shoes i've mentined in this post... BUT the toe box is more rounded.
Across the instep, to me, it doesn't feel as tight as the Air Force Maxes.

I'd say you're *probably* okay getting this shoe half a size down from what you wear the Air Force Max in.

I should also point out that whilst the Air Force Max has remained fairly consistent in sizing... i'm not so sure about the Air Max2 CB.

My 1994 pair is a little bit wider than the 2009 pair. Can't speak for the 2003 run - never owned them.

cool. i appreciate all your help. i'll be able to buy these with some confidence now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom