basketball shoes...whats next?

I just returned home from a weekend in Cincinnati. Had a chance to hit up a mall and try some shoes on.

Nike Zoom BB2- great bouncy with the zoom...if i had the cash probably would have bought them.
Adidas TS Creator TMAC- look great...but they dont feel great. adidas needs to seriously work on the next big thing in cushion tech.
Adidas Pro Model the latest ones- no cushion..terrible imho
Huarache 08- feel funny, heel is WAAAAAAAAAAY to high.
Nike Zoom Blur- very light, cushy in heel but the ball of the foot feels like its walkin on concrete. no cushion

but basically lets talk adidas and the future of their basketball shoes. i love the look of their shoes especially the TS Creators...but the tech isnt thereespecially for me. something has to give. adiprene and adiprene+ is not comfortable nor is is responsive...idk what they are gonna do, but something has to bedone to compete with nike

Personally, I don't mind most of Adidas cushioning implementations.

I've only played in a couple of shoes with any sense of consistency.

Gil Zero Low
Game Day Lightning
A-3 Pro-Team II
Team Mac I
T-Mac III

There are shoes that I only played in once or twice because I didn't like the way they performed so I put them to casual use. That's certainly true forNikes as well.

But cushioning was not an issue for me in any of the shoes I mentioned.

The Gil Zero Lows main fault is comfort for me, in terms of the inner lining.
The GDL could have better overall fit, but for it's design it can't be helped.
The Pro-Team II was a great performer, very underrated.
The Team-Mac I was good too, but fit was also a problem.
And the T-Mac III was decent, but heel slip and fit was a major problem. My feet would burn up and get sore from so much inner movement.

I don't think they have to address cushioning that much. You said it yourself, there were Nikes you tried on that felt weird or lacked cushioning. I canname a lot of Nike shoes that for one reason or another, didn't deliver on court.

Fit is an issue for me in a lot of Adidas shoes. Traction is somewhat of a problem, but that's true for all companies in my opinion. They might want totake a step away from putting all of their players into one model. I miss the T-Mac line, even though some didn't work for me. Signing D-Rose and Beasleydoesn't hurt them either.

i personally love the fit of adidas shoes and the look of many of the styles, but i have to agree that the cushioning combo of adiprene+ and adiprene sucks. ihad to stop playing in adidas because i kept getting really bad shin splints in them because they didnt provide enough cushioning. as soon as i switch to nikesor jordans, my shin splints go away.

ps: the traction on adidas is shaky too. herringbone doesnt come to enough of a point and the traction pattern isnt cut deep enough to be effective.

If Adidas could come up with some type of LOW TO THE GROUND/responsive cushioning system, we would have a winner. I saw a pair of Adidas bball shoes with aclear sole, so it showed where the Adiprene insert is in the sole. I bought a pair of the Kobe 1's(Retro). They were like stupid thick...and the shoeitself was comfortable until i wore them on the court. But then again it was probably the fit, as the shoe cause pain on the out part of my midfoot. So fit iswat the three stripes need to improve upon. Idk, ima give adidas another try.

Back
Top Bottom