Basketball Try-Out tips

i had tryouts today and i did pretty good... im just wondering if i should do anything for tryouts again tomorrow..??? thanks

Focus on ur game and most importantly DO YOU....don't worry bout nothin else.

Wut u tryin out for?

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

uhhhhhhhhh basketball........
I think he meant like what level (Middle School, JV, Varsity, College, etc.)
Originally Posted by LuckyP25

Watch some basketball video mixes.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Eat well and get lots of rest - any type of jump you can get on your competition you need to take advantage of.

Definitely hustle for loose balls, that's great advice.

All talent and potential aside, the #1 thing a coach looks for is the will to play and eagerness to learn.

Keep us updated.

Offensively
- Shoot when you're open, take good shots
- Don't dribble too much.
- Don't turnover the ball
- REBOUND
Defensively
- Play good sound defense
- TALK, yell out screens, etc.
- REBOUND

HUSTLE will put you on the team against a guy more talented with no heart.

I coach highschool kids, and I always tell them at tryouts to "show me what you can do, don't show me what you can't do". A lot of kids willtry to be scorers to impress coaches when they obviously can't score or shoot. If you identify your weaknesses and know your limits, then you don'treally have any weaknesses unless you expose them yourself.

Here are some tips that worked for me:

-take alot of jumpers (coaches like shooters)
-push the ball after every long rebound
-run back on defense
-try to create shots for others and set picks
-TALK ON THE COURT ("pick left/right" "SHOT!" "i got ball" "outlet" etc)
-do not give it your all on suicides trust me you will not have enough eneegy for the actual basketball

*most importantly play with confidence and have fun (the way you would when you play in the park)

Show up to tryouts tomorrow 15 min. late and rock some Moses Malone goggles and gel your hair back. Carry one of those big *** totebags, too. When it gets dead silent and everyone is staring at you awkwardly, put your index finger in the air and softly yell out, "Who runnin'?"

The coaches will think you are so good you won't even have to show them anything. Your roster spot is assured.

Just hustle, actually run the suicides properly, make some shots, play hard defence.

Damn this makes me regret not trying out today. Especially since it's my senior year :\

Anyways, just hustle a lot and keep telling yourself that you're not tired.

Back
Top Bottom