Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

mh565e.jpg

Man, i got actually just got to see the trailer this morning.

I was mad busy yesterday and only had time to find it and post it

but wow man....
pimp.gif
... i love the %#!!%%@ sounds of the game!!!!
pimp.gif
x100
That LMG was just thumping and sounded great 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

hopefully they use they circular 3d spotting map from the Vietnam expansion rather than the square one from the regular mode. It's way easier to use.

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Hopefully BF3 will knock COD off the "throne" and make Activision actually put out a good game instead of the same old crap with new perks and maps
BF3 looks dope, but no way in hell is a game that runs @ 30fps is gonna kill COD which runs @ 60fps imo.

I don't get why people still comparing Battlefield to Call of Duty. They are two totally different games. You have to play them both differently. Call of duty is basically an upgrade of Goldeney 007 multiplayer run and gun type of play, and Battlefield forces you to play with strategy and be tactical. In Battlefield you won't do well if you aren't a team player. Call of Duty doesn't even require that.
PLus the gravity on projectiles is extra realistic in battlefield.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

Man i just rewathced this in 720p .. Wow that Engine is
eek.gif
pimp.gif
.. Might even look better than Mw2s engine. but ill wait til i actually play the game...

I hope they use the same engine for the MP.

mw2?  mw2's game engine is not highly regarded at all in regards to graphics
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

juggy4805 wrote:
TheHealthInspector wrote:
ForeverDecember21 wrote:
Man i just rewathced this in 720p .. Wow that Engine is 
eek.gif

pimp.gif
 .. Might even look better than Mw2s engine. but ill wait til i actually play the game... 

I hope they use the same engine for the MP.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

In FPS at the time yes. Id like to know what other game during Mw2s lifespan had great graphics for a FPS... Black Ops didnt take a step forward. Homefront didnt. 
It def wasnt BFBC2. It wasnt MoH. It wasnt Halo. What was it?

Plus Mw2 was my 1st "gamer" type game. if that makes sense. All i truly play is FPS and sometimes some open world games but thats about it. 

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Hopefully BF3 will knock COD off the "throne" and make Activision actually put out a good game instead of the same old crap with new perks and maps
BF3 looks dope, but no way in hell is a game that runs @ 30fps is gonna kill COD which runs @ 60fps imo.

do you have a link that shows bf3 will  run at 30fps? although i really dont care because ill probably get 100+ fps on my computer with maxed out settings. pc version is where it's at.

juggy4805 wrote:
TheHealthInspector wrote:
laugh.gif

In FPS at the time yes. Id like to know what other game during Mw2s lifespan had great graphics for a FPS... Black Ops didnt take a step forward. Homefront didnt. 
It def wasnt BFBC2. It wasnt MoH. It wasnt Halo. What was it?

Plus Mw2 was my 1st "gamer" type game. if that makes sense. All i truly play is FPS and sometimes some open world games but thats about it. 

Crysis. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Crysis. 
...eh.... not in my eyes. 
you might be the only person in the world that believes that
And you know what, you're flat out wrong. 

Crysis on its highest settings on a high end rig looks way better than MW2 on its highest settings on a high end rig and so does Stalker. Killzone 3 looks better than MW2 on PS3. Halo Reach looks better than MW2 on 360. Black Ops looks better on every platform and Crysis 2 looks way better on every platform. And when Battlefield 3 drops it will look way way better than MW2 on every platform and will probably look better than Modern Warfare 3 when they drop this fall. 

Crysis was insane visually. Of course, I didn't have a proper PC to run it lol. Part 2 on console doesn't do much for me.

Crysis. 
you might be the only person in the world that believes that
And you know what, you're flat out wrong. 

Crysis on its highest settings on a high end rig looks way better than MW2 on its highest settings on a high end rig and so does Stalker. Killzone 3 looks better than MW2 on PS3. Halo Reach looks better than MW2 on 360. Black Ops looks better on every platform and Crysis 2 looks way better on every platform. And when Battlefield 3 drops it will look way way better than MW2 on every platform and will probably look better than Modern Warfare 3 when they drop this fall. 

MGS 4 should be up there. Modern warfare was fast but textures are muddy. killzone 2 looked better also.

Crysis. 

laugh.gif
 @ the Reach comment & Blops comments
Crysis on its highest settings only relates to PC users. Which i am not btw.

I forgot to mention Kz3 & crysis 2. Both do have great engines.

And duh @ BF3's engine going to be better than Mw3s. Activision is doing nothing innovative to their engine.

I love destructible environments. I waste so much time just wrecking +*+$ that I usually waste hours without getting much done in campaign 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Looks like the leaked release day is real. EA just confirmed it:

from IGN:

EA: Battlefield 3 Designed to Take Down Call of Duty
Riccitiello confirms November release.
April 6, 2011

Electronic Arts is setting the bar high for Battlefield 3.

Speaking during the Ad Age Digital Conference in New York City today, CEO John Riccitiello confirm it will launch Battlefield 3 in November of this year and said the publisher has rival Activision's Call of Duty series in its sights.

"This November, we're launching Battlefield 3. It's going up against the next Call of Duty, which is presently the #1 game in the game industry," he said. "A game that last year did $400 million dollars in revenue on day one. [Battlefield 3] is designed to take that game down."

Riccitiello later compared this holiday's battle between the two games to the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry in baseball and said gamers can expect to see massive advertising campaigns for both titles.

"There will be a couple hundred million dollars of marketing against these two products going head to head. We think we have the better product," Riccitiello added.

EA Games president Frank Gibeau echoed similar comments during GDC last month when he told us: "Everybody loves a heavyweight fight, and that's what this is going to be. We're here to compete."
pimp.gif

One more thing... can we consolidate this thread and Battlefield Guy's thread, so that everybody is on point?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom