Bay Area Concert Thread : Venues, Show times/dates, sites to buy tickets.

Nope.  Do yourself a favor and dont buy tickets either.
why
Because he is an awful live performer.  For one of the so called "all time greats," it is absolutely embarrassing how poor of a live show he puts on.  If someone is constantly forgetting his words, is physically unable to rap as fast as his songs go anymore, and has zero energy on stage....I wouldn't even go if it was free.

It is ridiculous to me that a crowd would know the words to songs off of Illmatic better than the artist who made the damn album does. SMH.

Because he is an awful live performer.  For one of the so called "all time greats," it is absolutely embarrassing how poor of a live show he puts on.  If someone is constantly forgetting his words, is physically unable to rap as fast as his songs go anymore, and has zero energy on stage....I wouldn't even go if it was free.

It is ridiculous to me that a crowd would know the words to songs off of Illmatic better than the artist who made the damn album does. SMH.

oh damn....i see

i still have him on my list to see live......its weird because i watch his performances on youtube (recent shows, hennessy showcase) and it seems like the exact opposite, where the crowd was dead instead (not knowing any of the songs) and nas was energetic ....maybe not like when he was younger but still good

i was hesitant to grab tix to this show cuz it's not GA floor...and the prices are OD like other dude said

Only been to studio 8 once. Might have to slide thru there again to see dom 
nerd.gif

I'm making my way to Beyond Wonderland both days this weekend. About to go crazy

oh damn....i see

i still have him on my list to see live......its weird because i watch his performances on youtube (recent shows, hennessy showcase) and it seems like the exact opposite, where the crowd was dead instead (not knowing any of the songs) and nas was energetic ....maybe not like when he was younger but still good

i was hesitant to grab tix to this show cuz it's not GA floor...and the prices are OD like other dude said
Yeah man.  I have seen him 3 times and it was the same thing.

Time 1 was a random show that he opened for Usher.  Totally not a Nas crowd.  He messed up on his words a few times, and the crowd was dead.  I chalked this up to the crowd, so I tried again.  Time 2 he messed up on almost every song.  He was relying on the crowd to get back on the beat.  I am a huge Nas fan, so I was hoping this was because he was drunk or something.  I really hoped these were two isolated incidents.  Time 3 was the last straw.  I wanted so bad to see one of the all time greats of hip hop put on a good show.  He didnt.  Same issues.  I am done.  Will never go to a Nas show again.  

In fact, his inability to put on a good show has made me rethink the all time great label.  All time greats need to be able to put on a good show.

oh damn....i see

Yeah man.  I have seen him 3 times and it was the same thing.

Time 1 was a random show that he opened for Usher.  Totally not a Nas crowd.  He messed up on his words a few times, and the crowd was dead.  I chalked this up to the crowd, so I tried again.  Time 2 he messed up on almost every song.  He was relying on the crowd to get back on the beat.  I am a huge Nas fan, so I was hoping this was because he was drunk or something.  I really hoped these were two isolated incidents.  Time 3 was the last straw.  I wanted so bad to see one of the all time greats of hip hop put on a good show.  He didnt.  Same issues.  I am done.  Will never go to a Nas show again.  

In fact, his inability to put on a good show has made me rethink the all time great label.  All time greats need to be able to put on a good show.
i felt like that when i seen him a year ago. somebody needs to take the hennessy bottle out his hands before a show. maybe he needs a hype man to help him out.

Coming up for me in October....

The Weeknd / Schoolboy Q / Jhene Aiko
Nas
Treasure Island Music Fesitval - Outkast / Zedd / Janelle Monae
Tommy Trash
Spookfest (Alesso / Duke Dumont / Gareth Emery / Henry Fong / Chromeo)

I really want to see Kygo this Wednesday or Thursday too O.O

I had no one to go with to spookfest with and its already sold out so I'm out. Going to Jack Yo Lantern though. I got Hardwell in November though.

Hell yeah I am! One of my favourite DJs. Also I said that already in my previous post:lol:

There is single day tickets for Jack Yo Lantern for Halloween now. Going to do that and only cop to see Flosstradamus

missed krit's show :frown: .....hopefully i can catch common's show later this month....damn shame i never seen him....i've been checking off a few of my fav artists this year, i get to see lights this week :smile:

There is also an app called Bandsintown where it'll scan your Facebook artist likes, music on your phone and other places and will show you when those artists are coming into town. it will broaden your choice selection too for instance on my FB if I said I only liked Common it'll email me when he's coming to town but other related artists like Erykah, Black Starr, Kanye, John Legend etc etc. they have a whole "if you liked this artist then you should check out _______" 1 like will get you about 20 nearby artists so you'll never miss out on chances. goldenvoice is another one I have used before. real solid

There is also an app called Bandsintown where it'll scan your Facebook artist likes, music on your phone and other places and will show you when those artists are coming into town. it will broaden your choice selection too for instance on my FB if I said I only liked Common it'll email me when he's coming to town but other related artists like Erykah, Black Starr, Kanye, John Legend etc etc. they have a whole "if you liked this artist then you should check out _______" 1 like will get you about 20 nearby artists so you'll never miss out on chances. goldenvoice is another one I have used before. real solid

Awesome. One issue is, I don't like anything on Facebook lol.

When I was in LA/ OC I would just check the venues 2-3x a wk.

Back
Top Bottom