Bay area NTers I need some info on Alameda...and other areas

Found a pretty cheap sublet in Alameda but I don't really know anything about the area.

The place is in the Gold Coast District.

How is the area in terms of Safety? is it like the rest of Oakland people keep warning me about??

How's the commute from Alameda to Oakland?
What kind of stuff do they to do in Alameda?

Also, anyone got info on North Oakland/Temescal? As far as safety, commute into Oakland, and what there is to do(asides from going to SF to hang out)?

btw I got a job in Oakland

Thanks in advance

Which street?

Commute is easy going to Oakland and SF.

Marina and Park St were the only places I often visited.

Lived in Alameda from age 13-18. Nice place. Usually safe, but there has been more shady @!@$ going down recently. Pretty diverse, but I would say the majorityis old white people.
laugh.gif
Bay Farm Island seems like it's like 85% Asian, but it probably isn't.

I'll be in this thread in a little bit.

I live in Emeryville, used to live in Berkeley, and one of my best friends lives in Alameda.

Gotta get my swerve on first.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Which street?

Commute is easy going to Oakland and SF.

Marina and Park St were the only places I often visited.
Webster and Central, by Washington Park.

Walk a few blocks up Webster for Bus 51. That should take you to downtown Oakland in less than 5 minutes.

Eaaaaaaaaaaasy commute.

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

I'll be in this thread in a little bit.

I live in Emeryville, used to live in Berkeley, and one of my best friends lives in Alameda.

Gotta get my swerve on first.
cool thanks.

I stay in Oakland and the commute into alameda isn't bad at all since they right next to each other. U can exit Oakland go into alameda and exit alameda onthe other side and end up in Oakland and u wouldn't even notice if it wasn't for the signs and abundance of white people

I've lived in Alameda for 22 years now (my whole life). It is very safe, I only remember a couple killings in the past couple years. The commute fromAlameda to Oakland is very easy, either taking the freeway or just a bridge. Alameda is very safe man, a lot of people don't even always lock their doors.There are a few busy streets, but most of it is pretty quiet. There isn't much to do though, just pretty boring. If you need anymore info or have anyquestions pm me.

I live in North Oakland/ Temescal right now. Telegraph and above is pretty cool. My dad did get robbed at gunpoint last month. But that's after living inthis neighborhood for 14 years. Pretty good odds, but nobody likes to have a gun in their face. Temescal district is really picking up because there isbasically a Korean Town popping off and small businesses are moving in. College Avenue is cool too. The Oakland Tech kids do smoke weed and get rowdy at times.Besides that, I would stay in Temescal District. If you're in North Oakland, do be careful around Bushrod, Alcatraz avenue, and all the 60's street bySan Pable Ave.

Alameda is pretty safe. There are some pockets of rowdy neighbors. My boy got his place broken into in Alameda, but it's overall real cool. Are you workingDowntown in Oakland?

If you can afford it, Emeryville is real cool, they got cops patrolling all day from Ikea all the way to San Pablo Ave.

Alameda is the hidden gem of the bay when it comes to living. No big city nonsense but very easy to get to if you get the itch

Went down to Downtown Berkeley recently, Telegraph is coo, wish it had more shops cause it did have a few nice spots. Walkin up and down that street after
pimp.gif
'n.

Back
Top Bottom