Be Your Own Boss vol. inspiration from Dame Dash

After watching this interview, you kinda think to yourself "what am I really doing"

He's talking some real **** about owning yourself, being your own boss...

Is anyone here their own boss? What's that start up money looking like?

It's kind of hard to get in the game of owning your own if your not sitting on a lot of bread.

Dame shut them down :rofl:

Dude was dropping gems left and right.

Good enough to keep listening to the full thing

Last edited:
I one hundred million percent support everything that interview was about !! :pimp: :pimp:

The realness level was through the roof !! [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Its all a matter of perspective, and i whole heartedly felt everything he spoke about and how he handled it. He turned it into the damon dash show, gotta respect it !! [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] #factsss :pimp: :pimp:

- much luv, stay freshhhh !! :smokin :smokin :smokin

Btw im from brooklyn [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Last edited:
If that's the case, he doesn't want to take his company public. I guess he doesn't want to potentially expand his businesses at the same magnitude as Bill Gates, Jobs etc.

Semi jk.. It's just the way I think with my finance background. 

I love the "working for my last name" quote. I love the intensity on his strive to be successful. 

Last edited:
Over the years Ive come to realize that dame is the ultimate ********ter, the more he talks the more I realize why jay separated himself from dame. He does nothing but contradict himself from the way he talks to the way he moves in real life. Everyone he has worked with says dame stole money from them(beanie sige, spitta, jim jones) but he will always back out of those convos with ******** answers just like a typical harem dude. Im sure there are people with jobs who have more money than dame right now, hell jay z took a job at def jam while having more money than dame.

^^^^ this

Dame is a hustla from harlem his hustle is the way he speaks lol

He will always deny it but you know he would love the same relationship he had with jay z during rocafellas heyday right now.

Even if he did say he started with his own money. If someone fronted him drugs since he had no money. Technically he had a boss correct?

Dame is sexually insecure. The dude uses "pause" like a comma and always talks about "what man...." or "another man...."

Homie gotta be DL or something.

Also notice how he calmed down when Envy disclosed his salary :rofl: Envy with his "job" prolly got more bread than Dame.

Hov not ******* with this cat for a reason

Last edited:
Dame is sexually insecure. The dude uses "pause" like a comma and always talks about "what man...." or "another man...."

Homie gotta be DL or something.

Also notice how he calmed down when Envy disclosed his salary :rofl:

Hov not ******* with this cat for a reason
would u work for me if I paid u that lol

Dang surprised this interview got its own thread. Especially considering we been discussing it in music since Friday.

Anyways Dame dropped some gems but he also contradicted himself several times (goes on a rant about how he not talking bout Jay then 30 mins later he is literally talking about Jay)

I respect Dame as a hustler and I would love to learn from him but I def take his advice with a grain of salt.

How you gonna give advice on being a boss when youre worth negative 2 million dollas tho

Last edited:
I said it in the music forum, and I'll say it here - Dame the smartest dumb ***** I ever heard.

Jim jones dont lie

Somebody ask this ******** @duskopoppington dame if his car note n rent is paid this month or is he still sneak thieving his own people to pay bills he can’t afford smh why did u fire David Chang cause u put a car in his name n didn’t want to pay th car note which is ur bill n then u put hands on a defenseless Chinese man why u dont do tht tuff **** like u said to a real tuff ***** like my self oh cause u a ****** sneak thieving **** sucker dam dame u went out like a bad batch of tht scaggy postin pics wit @mr_camron aint gone save u bro u need Jesus lol Byrd ***** n when u see me u know whts up aint nothin change ***** lmao this should b fun exposure lol is this wht U wanted to b back in th game right well here’s ur introduction n u owe me bout 5k cash from all them 100 dollars I was givin u Dailey like my side *****” -

dame might as well find god start a church and ask his people for money like creflo

Definitely was worth watching the whole thing.

My only gripe with Dame was him claiming that he never had to work because he flipped... 

His son might be flipping three white t shirts in front of his store but he didn't get money to start a record label flipping some white t shirts.

Other than that I gotta agree with everything. We gotta be our own boss.

Just him saying all his money was legitimate had me like

Last edited:
Jim jones dont lie

Somebody ask this ******** @duskopoppington dame if his car note n rent is paid this month or is he still sneak thieving his own people to pay bills he can’t afford smh why did u fire David Chang cause u put a car in his name n didn’t want to pay th car note which is ur bill n then u put hands on a defenseless Chinese man why u dont do tht tuff **** like u said to a real tuff ***** like my self oh cause u a ****** sneak thieving **** sucker dam dame u went out like a bad batch of tht scaggy postin pics wit @mr_camron aint gone save u bro u need Jesus lol Byrd ***** n when u see me u know whts up aint nothin change ***** lmao this should b fun exposure lol is this wht U wanted to b back in th game right well here’s ur introduction n u owe me bout 5k cash from all them 100 dollars I was givin u Dailey like my side *****” -

dame might as well find god start a church and ask his people for money like creflo

I couldn't finish reading that. jeez :x

I get why Dame was mad when Jay was being brought up. I mean, Roc-A-Fella was done over 10 years ago and somehow it's still a topic. **** is over, get over it. I always loved Dame's entrepreneurial spirit and how he sonned Envy and Charlamane, eff what y'all say. Beside the rant, 90% of the **** he said is real

Dame is like those old heads who are always talkin about how they was the man back in the day movin weight sayin these young bucks aint doing it right tryin to give advice.

It aint back in the day any more lol.

Dame wont ever be relevant again unless he decides to do a reality show or dancing with the stars or sumthin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom