Beating Tickets In Court...Success Stories?

Cop pulled me over for not wearing a seatbelt when I was 100% wearing one. Dude said he spotted me across Flatbush ave in a busy *** time of day. When I was fighting the ticket I made that point like how the hell does this dude see me a cross 5 lanes of traffic. It’s all bs tho cuz the judge dude knows the cop and he’s not gunna give me any benefit of the doubt. He just knocked off a couple dollars from the ticket which ended up not even being a lot cuz the surcharge stayed the same smh.

635035FC-3D2F-4536-979E-82D5E5105C47.gif

One time on the morning of New Year’s Eve, I was driving to work. It was about 5am and dark out.

I’m driving normally in a 35 mph zone. I’m probably going 35-40.

all the sudden I see red and blue flashing lights directly behind me. Didn’t even know there was a cop or even a car behind me. I pull over and the cop asks me if I know why I was pulled over. I had not the slightest idea why.

according to him, I was drifting in and out of lanes, I didn’t reduce my speed enough when the limit dropped to 20mph, and when the officer drove beside me I almost ran into him. All according to him. I refuted all of this. To me, I literally saw flashing lights so I pulled over.

anyways he makes me get out and do a breathalyzer and a sobriety test. Breath test was a zero, and easily passed the walking test because I didn’t have even a sip of alcohol the night before.

dude decides to write me up for a reckless Driving ticket and also I didn’t have an insurance card on me so he tacked that on too.

I get to my court date later that month, and I’m like the 50th person the judge had seen that day. He had just got done arguing with some Meth head and was already super heated.

I was on time, polite, had all my paperwork, and had on the name of my college on my shirt. Judge asked for my story, then we started having a completely separate laid back convo. He said he went to the same college when he was my age and we talked about my major and my life plans.

dude ended up throwing out the reckless driving charge (even though I was about to plead guilty) and told me to just show the clerk outside my proof of insurance card to get the ticket completely taken off. Told me good luck in my life and keep up the hard work of finishing up my higher education.

I was pretty shook, but that was the only time I beat a charge in court. Any other time it was just either speeding or missing proof of insurance that I could take care of.

-TL;DR
One time a judge took pity on me cuz we had the same alma mater. Skated past the bogus charge.

Cop pulled me over for not wearing a seatbelt when I was 100% wearing one. Dude said he spotted me across Flatbush ave in a busy *** time of day. When I was fighting the ticket I made that point like how the hell does this dude see me a cross 5 lanes of traffic. It’s all bs tho cuz the judge dude knows the cop and he’s not gunna give me any benefit of the doubt. He just knocked off a couple dollars from the ticket which ended up not even being a lot cuz the surcharge stayed the same smh.
Something similar happened to my homeboy...Police gave yo a no seatbelt ticket at night and he got tints on the whip so would be hard to see in the car...Can’t really fight the law on word vs word so of course he had to pay it :smh:

Thought this was gonna be a "I was going 40 in a 30" ticket :lol:

Don't think you'll be beating a train dodge violation.

Thought this was gonna be a "I was going 40 in a 30" ticket :lol:

Don't think you'll be beating a train dodge violation.
Man they got speed cameras all over the city here now. Such a ****ing money grab man. 1-19 km/h over the limit its $5 per km/h over the limit, plus a $20 fee. The next range the fine is even more.

I got one doing 54 in a 50. $40 ticket, so BS. You know a cop isnt pulling someone over for that on a main road. The main roads used to be 60km/h, then they lowered it to 50, but the flow is still going at 60. Found a map with all the cameras, they gotta be raking in major dough. Its so bull****.

Man they got speed cameras all over the city here now. Such a ****ing money grab man. 1-19 km/h over the limit its $5 per km/h over the limit, plus a $20 fee. The next range the fine is even more.

I got one doing 54 in a 50. $40 ticket, so BS. You know a cop isnt pulling someone over for that on a main road. The main roads used to be 60km/h, then they lowered it to 50, but the flow is still going at 60. Found a map with all the cameras, they gotta be raking in major dough. Its so bull****.
They had the same bs set up here with the speed cameras everywhere in my city some years ago...Eventually they scammed so much that it got too hot so they had to shut em off, a horrible to get caught by the same camera multiple times :lol: :smh:

Next time just thank the officer that they brought it to your attention and that you would conduct an internal investigation on yourself to see if there was any wrong doing.

Get as many extensions as possible and bank on a cop no show. That’s literally your only chance.
man my **** got pushed back nearly a year due to Covid, I just knew the cop wasn't gonna show up. I pull up early, take a nap in the car, wake up and it's 2 cops cars done parked OD close in the spot directly next to me (in a completely empty parking lot) on both sides of mine like they're trying to intimidate me from jump. Get to the court room and she and another cop who had a trucker on a speeding charge are both up on the stands, posture and demeanor like they're getting ready for a football game. Judge lied, tombout if she has no evidence then I can't legally make you pay the ticket so you can choose to proceed with the trial, or you can take the online driving course which is the same price as the ticket but removes the points when you finish, so I'm like yea let's take the trial. I don't see no tvs on a cart in here so I know she don't have video. Fam still found me guilty just off her word, said well I dont see why she would lie or have an agenda. Then the state's lawyer who had on sketchers raised his hands and moved that I get my $35 court fee back. Judge was like no problem, like if that was even a possibility why would you have not offered it up. **** was such a cluster. You don't want to be a black man in nobody's courthouse in front of a judge, I don't care how minor the infraction. They had the two of us sitting in the back of the court room guarded by armed bailiff prior and everything like we were hardened criminals and a danger to society

Back
Top Bottom