Beating Tickets In Court...Success Stories?

Couple weeks ago I was acting a fool and swerved through the train tracks. The gates had been down for about 10-15 secs at that point and the train was about 75 feet away chugging away at like 2 MPH. So as soon as I get through all the sudden I see blue and white lights flashing in my mirrors |l The citation is listed as "Grade Crossing"

So anyways I went to court this morning, and they set me a court date in the middle of March. As I was leaving Bailiff explained as far as evidence I can bring "photos" but they cant be on a phone they have to be printed out. Dont think Ill be able to take advantage of that? Also he said I can bring a witness in (i was riding solo though...)

What ticked me off, is that the police officer was scolding me for being irresponsible, but she also crossed the tracks to pull me over, putting herself and her partner in harms way. All police officeers have Radios, so why not dispatch an officer who was across the tracks my description to pull me over? Stupid idiot trying to be a "hero" and getting all excited...smh

Anyone have any good experiences they can speak of? I'm about 50/50 concerned about the actual ticket cost, and number two getting points on my license. (i got a speeding ticket and stop sign violation from last year, so i could possibly be suspended?)

I don't see how you can beat this ticket. You're scolding the cop for the same thing you did

I doubt you can beat that in court. Best bet is if you could do deferred disposition or something and take driver improvement.

You Were Wrong And I Don’t Think You Can Beat It From My Experience.

Your Best Option Is To Ask The Judge To Reduce The Ticket If Its Expensive Which They Usually Do.

Any Explanation Or Mention Of The Officer Doing The Same Seems Like A Shot In The Foot.

Couple weeks ago I was acting a fool and swerved through the train tracks. The gates had been down for about 10-15 secs at that point and the train was about 75 feet away chugging away at like 2 MPH. So as soon as I get through all the sudden I see blue and white lights flashing in my mirrors |l The citation is listed as "Grade Crossing"

So anyways I went to court this morning, and they set me a court date in the middle of March. As I was leaving Bailiff explained as far as evidence I can bring "photos" but they cant be on a phone they have to be printed out. Dont think Ill be able to take advantage of that? Also he said I can bring a witness in (i was riding solo though...)

What ticked me off, is that the police officer was scolding me for being irresponsible, but she also crossed the tracks to pull me over, putting herself and her partner in harms way. All police officeers have Radios, so why not dispatch an officer who was across the tracks my description to pull me over? Stupid idiot trying to be a "hero" and getting all excited...smh

Anyone have any good experiences they can speak of? I'm about 50/50 concerned about the actual ticket cost, and number two getting points on my license. (i got a speeding ticket and stop sign violation from last year, so i could possibly be suspended?)
Depends on how badly you need the charge dropped. If you absolutely can’t have it on your record (you drive for a living or plan to/have a company car) you need to get a lawyer. If not, you can fight it yourself and maybe they lower the charge. Any respectable lawyer can get that dropped but you gotta pay.

Last edited:
I'm bout 50/50 concerned about the actual ticket cost, and number two getting points on my license. (i got a speeding ticket and stop sign violation from last year, so i could possibly be suspended?)
You've only had your license for a year and you've racked up all these violations? I think you need to get fed time if you ask me, before you end up killing someone on the road.

I was 23 when I got pulled over for driving an unregistered vehicle. I didn’t take my car to emissions inspection so the registration lapsed. Wasn’t speeding or anything but my car had tint and two 12s beating. Easy target for the cop.

My total fines was around $800 + $500 in late fees for the inspection. No way in hell I could afford that so I figured my best shot was to go to court and hope for the best. Before my court date I got my car inspected, told the place I never received the inspection notice (I did but completely forgot about it). Said it must have went to my parents house but I moved out. Thankfully they waived the late fees and saved me $450.

Went to court in a dress shirt and tie with all my paperwork in a folder. My hearing lasted maybe 30 seconds. Plead guilty and explained I never got the notice. Judge saw the folder and asked if I got everything straightened out. Said yes, and he dropped my fines down to $150. Went from having to pay $1.3k to only $200.... and still overdrafted my account :lol:

You will not win this. Take the L and if they offer traffic school do it so there won’t be a point on your record.

Wear a suit
Y’all think he’s kidding.

I got caught driving with a suspended license, they set my court date and on the day, ironically, it was the last time Houston froze(around 3 years ago). So everything was shut down. I called the courthouse and an automated system told me to call back on another day and reschedule. I called the number, rescheduled for a few weeks later. I mess around and miss the date. I got the dates mixed up and it was already too late. Feeling like I’m outta there, in a last ditch effort I call the court and see if I could come in the next day. They lady I spoke said ok and they’ll add me to the docket. So I pull up, go to the court room, tell the bailiff who I am and BOOM, he cuffs me and sits me in the jury booth. Idk why I was shocked, I seen it happen to too many other people. I’m sitting up there, in my work clothes..a shirt, slacks and a tie with the gassiest of gas faces. One of the people ask me some questions, goes to her computer and then goes to the judge. The judge see a couple people and finally calls me up. I have nothing, I’m preparing myself for the L and the city. The judge says, “Mr. Tr1ll, are you feeling lucky??”, with a smirk on his face. At this point I’m like **** it, “Uummmmm...yes?” “Good! Case dismissed, you’re free to go!” Talk about turning a frown upside down. I don’t know what that lady told the judge, but I thanked both of them and walked out the courtroom like
ACB3FE6B-D6C3-4C89-9C39-5B838C89763D.gif

Y’all think he’s kidding.

I got caught driving with a suspended license, they set my court date and on the day, ironically, it was the last time Houston froze(around 3 years ago). So everything was shut down. I called the courthouse and an automated system told me to call back on another day and reschedule. I called the number, rescheduled for a few weeks later. I mess around and miss the date. I got the dates mixed up and it was already too late. Feeling like I’m outta there, in a last ditch effort I call the court and see if I could come in the next day. They lady I spoke said ok and they’ll add me to the docket. So I pull up, go to the court room, tell the bailiff who I am and BOOM, he cuffs me and sits me in the jury booth. Idk why I was shocked, I seen it happen to too many other people. I’m sitting up there, in my work clothes..a shirt, slacks and a tie with the gassiest of gas faces. One of the people ask me some questions, goes to her computer and then goes to the judge. The judge see a couple people and finally calls me up. I have nothing, I’m preparing myself for the L and the city. The judge says, “Mr. Tr1ll, are you feeling lucky??”, with a smirk on his face. At this point I’m like **** it, “Uummmmm...yes?” “Good! Case dismissed, you’re free to go!” Talk about turning a frown upside down. I don’t know what that lady told the judge, but I thanked both of them and walked out the courtroom like
ACB3FE6B-D6C3-4C89-9C39-5B838C89763D.gif
so its safe to say u beat?

Just show up to court and take the plea deal. They usually drop the case down to a more minor charge but I can’t believe you are complaining about getting a ticket for this :rofl:

i got a ticket for not having my car insurance card. when i went to court, i brought the card with me - it was at home and not in the car at the time. i showed it to the judge and they dismissed the case.
this is not a serious reply.

Back
Top Bottom