Beats by Dre Appreciation

Originally Posted by Kingtre

edit:
The evidence and feedback from countless community members indicate thatBeats consumers are paying extremely heavy costs for an extremely inferior product.Many have even offered fantastic alternatives while also trying to help ignorant members make a more educated purchase.

words like inferior and ignorant show that you are trying to get at a different demographic than what you have in front of you...this is a beats appreciation thread...i'm pretty sure there's a general thread where you audiophiles can compare the newest technology .... the people buying beats for most part are not buying "cans" for the same reason that you or others may be- there are different levels of consumer just like in every other sector�

[font='Arial Unicode MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Georgia, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

ig·no·rant   [ig-ner-uhnt]  Show IPAadjective 

1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man. 

2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. 

3.uninformed; unaware.

4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

These consumers fit every sense of the word. The reviews and feedback from the community show that this product is "inferior" in every aspect from durability, construction, quality of build, sound leak issues, and function (the most important factor, sound reproduction).

Originally Posted by sillyputty

30t6p3b.gif
you dont get it - its ok... we can just agree to disagree

i was kinda answering the previous 2 or 3 posts- one mentioned how i spend my money and about overpaying etc so i was pointing out that i haven't done either...obv my arguments would be skewed if i just spent $500 on these headphones and now your telling me they suck...i was building my perspective

and to the rest of your post of course im not gonna sit here and argue that nt'ers shouldnt "help-out" or whatever you wanna call it...my point is that people have different motives for buying things... beats are marketed to the people who want something that's in or cool and performs better than what they are used to- they do a great job at that - celebs actors ball players etc have beats....people recognize them when they see them and for some thats a purchase motive

i bring up jordans or cars because this is Niketalk and those are mainly the topics that get debated- aside from girl problems
laugh.gif

some kids buy jordans cause everybody else em...some because they like them or grew up watching jordan- some buy them because of on court performance etc...what i said from the jump is that people buy things for different reasons...if you dont understand that then so be it

if someone goes into the 1000 page concord thread clowning everybody cause the latest APL sneakers only cost xx amount and are widely available and will outperform the retro concords on the court what would happen? people wouldnt care because 90% of them aint buying to wear on the court even tho they are both BASKETBALL SHOES

These consumers fit every sense of the word. The reviews and feedback from the community show that this product is "inferior" in every aspect from durability, construction, quality of build, sound leak issues, and function (the most important factor, sound reproduction).

same goes for you since your ignoring other purchase motives such as POPULARITY, RECOGNITION, STYLING etc....all of which these consumers and the market in general would say are SUPERIOR to the latest SRHXX83930whatever

laugh.gif
i don't even know why i'm arguing this...deep down i know you see the point im making but would rather type back and forth to stand some sort of ground....i mean the numbers and all that speak for themselves...theres a huge market for what they do - you guys can try to convert that market one user at a time if you want...good luck

30t6p3b.gif

i was kinda answering the previous 2 or 3 posts- one mentioned how i spend my money and about overpaying etc so i was pointing out that i haven't done either...obv my arguments would be skewed if i just spent $500 on these headphones and now your telling me they suck...i was building my perspective

and to the rest of your post of course im not gonna sit here and argue that nt'ers shouldnt "help-out" or whatever you wanna call it...my point is that people have different motives for buying things... beats are marketed to the people who want something that's in or cool and performs better than what they are used to- they do a great job at that - celebs actors ball players etc have beats....people recognize them when they see them and for some thats a purchase motive

i bring up jordans or cars because this is Niketalk and those are mainly the topics that get debated- aside from girl problems
laugh.gif

some kids buy jordans cause everybody else em...some because they like them or grew up watching jordan- some buy them because of on court performance etc...what i said from the jump is that people buy things for different reasons...if you dont understand that then so be it

if someone goes into the 1000 page concord thread clowning everybody cause the latest APL sneakers only cost xx amount and are widely available and will outperform the retro concords on the court what would happen? people wouldnt care because 90% of them aint buying to wear on the court even tho they are both BASKETBALL SHOES

same goes for you since your ignoring other purchase motives such as POPULARITY, RECOGNITION, STYLING etc....all of which these consumers and the market in general would say are SUPERIOR to the latest SRHXX83930whatever

laugh.gif
i don't even know why i'm arguing this...deep down i know you see the point im making but would rather type back and forth to stand some sort of ground....i mean the numbers and all that speak for themselves...theres a huge market for what they do - you guys can try to convert that market one user at a time if you want...good luck

For the record, I agree COMPLETELY with everything you're saying...
I respect the autonomy of each consumer...I totally do. 

But understanding "marketing" and "demographics" is no excuse for just saying "na na na na I can't hear you!" when we're offering other choices. We're talking about listening to music...not how you look when listening to music. Its like me being concerned about the color of my knife handle. 
laugh.gif

Don't call me or others an elitist because I'm offering alternatives that can be MEASURED in terms of technical performance and is backed up by countless surveys and respected industry professionals (if this matters anything to you).

sillyputty wr

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I understand the motives.  But just because a company well-known to rip off all of its consumers for their wide array of inferior products is making a huge profit for trash, doesn't mean we as educated consumers can't pass on our knowledge to those less literate in the realms of audio. The sharing of knowledge and perspective is the main motive of a forum.
I understand your marketing perspective, but that doesn't mean it makes the ******ed consumer any less ******ed.

Popularity and anyone's rationale to purchase trash products for top dollar is all subjective.  We're just making sure they know why everyone laughs behind their backs as they walk to a party with their backpack and Beats on and why they're throwing away their money.

Regardless, this is all way too much time spent on all of our parts bickering about a product in which none of us own nor support, so I'll just leave it at that 
laugh.gif

For the record, I agree COMPLETELY with everything you're saying...
I respect the autonomy of each consumer...I totally do. 

But understanding "marketing" and "demographics" is no excuse for just saying "na na na na I can't hear you!" when we're offering other choices. We're talking about listening to music...not how you look when listening to music. Its like me being concerned about the color of my knife handle. 
laugh.gif

Don't call me or others an elitist because I'm offering alternatives that can be MEASURED in terms of technical performance and is backed up by countless surveys and respected industry professionals (if this matters anything to you).
frown.gif
i typed a response and got yuku'd and dont feel like typing again so i will just say this- maybe YOU werent being an elitiest and/or maybe that was the wrong word choice...i noticed a trend of people talking down to or clowning others who may have different motives or may not have as much knowledge on a particular topic whether its in here or jewelry, hdtv, car audio hell even dressing better
laugh.gif
so i spoke on it

like i said if you guys are giving advice to people who are asking in regards to technical performance etc etc then thats a great thing...but to some people the extent of technical performance can be wow these sound way better than the joints that came with my iphone...and they are popular?! sold

theres nothing really wrong with either view at the end of the day

Buy what you like and can afford…

Bought some restored Beat pro's from the monster cable outlet 5, 6+ months ago and they have been flawless for me. Love them. Are there better headphones on the market? I don't know, i'm not hip to the latest headphones and what not. But, I have a really dope music experience every single time I use the Beats, and isn't that anyone is looking for in headphones?

Overpriced? Absolutely. But, what isn't?

Buy what you like and can afford…

Bought some restored Beat pro's from the monster cable outlet 5, 6+ months ago and they have been flawless for me. Love them. Are there better headphones on the market? I don't know, i'm not hip to the latest headphones and what not. But, I have a really dope music experience every single time I use the Beats, and isn't that anyone is looking for in headphones?

Overpriced? Absolutely. But, what isn't?

Just bought brand new white pro's for half the price with 2 year warranty. I'm diggin these right now. Especially for the low.

man i got 20 pairs of Beats lyin around cuz my bro is sponsored by some company who swears he's a celeb. they aint that bad. i wish i could get rid of em tho.

Originally Posted by pianoman52

man i got 20 pairs of Beats lyin around cuz my bro is sponsored by some company who swears he's a celeb. they aint that bad. i wish i could get rid of em tho.

uhh

hats down to the marketing team and dre

you know youre caking when everyone and their mother trying to sell chinese knockoffs

would never wear though...@%$@++$ tacky

even for free

but pianoman feel free to send me one lol...i'll use it at home/work...i'll pay shipping

i lost my samsung earphones on a recent trip
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Tipsy

Originally Posted by ralphsody

I'll stick to my srh440s.
Thoo I really want the 840s, just now I don't think I can justify buying them since I have the 440s.

The SRH750DJs are great and only $100 on amazon. Wayy better than beats
roll.gif
.Celebrities got yal wrapped around their fingers to make you all truly believe the beats are good. Well I mean im pretty sure beat lovers have never owned or heard a real set of cans or headphones before, so I understand why you all are in love.
the elitist argument is so tired...beats are made for a certain demographic...just like jordans and sbs etc etc...there's apart of the population that laughs at those who spend $70-1000 on sneakers and have boxes stacked up in their rooms...

does everyone have to be an audiophile? does everyone need the best and latest technology to listen to downloaded mixtapes from dat piff?

beats success is from marketing just like everything else...they sound better than whatever comes with the ipod so its a step up and they are "in" right now...

so many hypocrites on NIKETALK its not even funny anymore...buy what you like and keep it moving...same dudes talking nonsense about beats are hyping something else somewhere else...
30t6p3b.gif

True

I have a pair of studios, I like them a lot.  They make my ears ridiculously hot though, so they might double as a nice set of earmuffs.

Is the sound leakage issue with the beats an issue shared by many "high end" headphones? Are the newer beats Improved in any way or was it the addition of new colors?

Question for those that hate beats. Do these other headphones have detachable chords? The lifespan of the chord and only one ear working eventually has always been an issue with me. Better yet how long have they lasted with no shorts / problems

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Question for those that hate beats. Do these other headphones have detachable chords? The lifespan of the chord and only one ear working eventually has always been an issue with me. Better yet how long have they lasted with no shorts / problems

Yea they have detachable cords...

Originally Posted by I WON

Did anybody see all the fake dre beats floating around?  curious what the quality is like 
laugh.gif
Why don't you just go on ebay and buy one it's not that expensive 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Tipsy

The SRH750DJs are great and only $100 on amazon. Wayy better than beats
roll.gif
.Celebrities got yal wrapped around their fingers to make you all truly believe the beats are good. Well I mean im pretty sure beat lovers have never owned or heard a real set of cans or headphones before, so I understand why you all are in love.
the elitist argument is so tired...beats are made for a certain demographic...just like jordans and sbs etc etc...there's apart of the population that laughs at those who spend $70-1000 on sneakers and have boxes stacked up in their rooms...

does everyone have to be an audiophile? does everyone need the best and latest technology to listen to downloaded mixtapes from dat piff?

beats success is from marketing just like everything else...they sound better than whatever comes with the ipod so its a step up and they are "in" right now...

so many hypocrites on NIKETALK its not even funny anymore...buy what you like and keep it moving...same dudes talking nonsense about beats are hyping something else somewhere else...
30t6p3b.gif

True

Lord Thank you for people on niketalk with brains bigger than an acorn.
I swear when you try and make the relation with this product to their sneakers they want to come back with a weak rebuttal about how it's not the same. But it is. 
eyes.gif

I was in the market for some Beats until my dad found out, looked at me like I was crazy, and got me some Bose QC15s. Changed my life.

edit: at some point I will still probably scoop a pair of beats for the low just to see how they perform. Audio snobs I know tell me the best thing it does is boost bass on whatever music you are listening to.

I belive the newer beats by dre are much better now. I heard good reviews on the newer models , but the older ones suck

i like my earbuds
I got beats eardbuds for xmas
returned them the 1st biz day.

the $25 fake gagas from here, and my $30 ones from bestbuy sounded better 
ohwell.gif

omg i got a pair from my friend as a gift and registered the serial number on the website. HOWEVER it looks fake and there are some people that say fakes can be registered for warranty too. smh

Back
Top Bottom