Becoming a Personal Trainer?

Is there anyone on NT who is or was a personal trainer? If so, what are the steps I should take in order to get a job at a local gym?

Just from research online, I know you can go to school and get a degree in the sport sciences which can lead to certification. My situation is a little different. I'm tired of school, I went to UCSB
glasses.gif
(Yes Gauchos 4 life) and graduated last June with BA in communication. But after school was done I had this urge to become a personal trainer after getting into the gym more, and learning more about nutrition.

One last Question: Is there anyone on NT who has taken the ACE or NCSF test? Is this a good way to maybe get hired at a gym? Thanks to all the future flaming responses and the serious ones.

My girl is a personal trainer. She only took one year at a CC. After that she took the ACE test and became a certified trainer. Self-employed now.

She told me, after I asked the same question in regards to if I wanted to be a trainer, do I have to go to school, considering I have a degree in something else already. She said the big thing is just getting certified. ACE is looked upon very highly nationally so if you pass that, it's most certainly gonna get you into a gym training. They don't care (that can be both good and bad). The CC was only to help in the learning process.

It's easier said than done. But If you're serious about it you should stop posting on NT and hit the books. Be a man, you can do it. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ What does posting on NT have to do with anything? There's plenty of time within the day to study and still get some questions in on NT.

Originally Posted by Stormy1015

Is there anyone on NT who is or was a personal trainer? If so, what are the steps I should take in order to get a job at a local gym?

Just from research online, I know you can go to school and get a degree in the sport sciences which can lead to certification. My situation is a little different. I'm tired of school, I went to UCSB
glasses.gif
(Yes Gauchos 4 life) and graduated last June with BA in communication. But after school was done I had this urge to become a personal trainer after getting into the gym more, and learning more about nutrition.

One last Question: Is there anyone on NT who has taken the ACE or NCSF test? Is this a good way to maybe get hired at a gym? Thanks to all the future flaming responses and the serious ones.

Hit up the Get In Shape thread in general.  Theres a few trainers, myself included, in that thread.

Back
Top Bottom