Becoming more social

I wasn't much of a social person in high school now that im in college any tips to break this trend?

this was a thread earlier last week. inb4 megatron. first time ever saying it. woop.

"go outside"
"say hi to random people"
"smile" (
eyes.gif
)
"be friendly"
"join clubs"
"don't be afraid to let people in"

"first time saying it" is becoming the "inb4 megatron"

we're in the sme boat OP. im not social at all
frown.gif

honestly college is the best time to break out...

everyone is new so youre all in the same boat unless you're at CC

just meet people...

chill outside the dorms, go to the commons or where ever everyone in your school chills

clubs, parties, hell meet people that don't go to your school but live in the area

Join clubs and actually talk to people before and after class. Be yourself.
People tend to migrate toward people who say anything whenever and wherever. Speak up for others who don't normally speak for themselves.

That's what I did in college. While I wasn't utterly popular (didn't want to be), I did have a set of friends who I still speak with post graduation and who all care for my well being.

It's really about having that "I don't give a ____" attitude. I kept to myself throughout most of high school, but once I got into college I started to become more social. You have to be more social in order to network with people and get a lot of connects.  
My advice is to take a speech class to help you start talking to random people, just baby steps. Stuff like that. 

@space that's another thing I don't wanna be known as that thirsty dude I see dudes doing that all the time and it disgusts me

honestly I don't know like I just be chillin listening to music foreal but sometimes that junk gets boring and I guess I have dry convos

I don't have one off the top of my head but it's usually I run out of stuff to say and I don't know how to apporach people I guess

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Originally Posted by vell23

I don't know how to apporach people I guess
Give an example?

I can help, no troll.

Like it's this girl in one of my classes she sits right next to me like she'll ask me a question or i'll ask her one and we answer but other than that it's like dead silence so I don't know how to elaborate or initate convo

I don't know how to apporach people I guess
Give an example?

I can help, no troll.

Like it's this girl in one of my classes she sits right next to me like she'll ask me a question or i'll ask her one and we answer but other than that it's like dead silence so I don't know how to elaborate or initate convo

1. don't ask question that can be sufficiently answered with yes or no.
1b. don't ask questions that can be answered with one word

2. ask questions that require her to talk at length.

3.  talk more often. i was also introverted and now that its the end of highschool i've finally found my footing. once you talk enough you get over the fear of awkward ness or rejection and if either of those things come to pass you get used to dealing with them in a way that ends the conversation not awkwardly or that revives the conversation.  experience and practice helps more than i realized. just try it.

Does she know your name? Introduce yourself and go for a handshake.

nah man I don't even know her name that's how bad it is i've been trying to figure out for the longest but lmao@the dude who said whip it out..that's always an option

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

join study groups.

If you have a cute chick tell her you want to study with her. Easiest way to be sociable, meet more people, and definitely increase your grades. Also try joining an organization. One of my biggest regrets is not being involved in all the groups available.

College is fun! live it up, everything after College is just routine (IMO).

^I feel you on that one after college working is the most boring thing to do that's why I'm trying to break this shell I've been in while I still have time

Like I said, introduce yourself and stick your hand out. Make a funny remark about the class or something or whatever and put on a smile, not the creep grin.

Don't ask questions just yet, and definitely don't ask to be study buddies until y'all get cool.

Back
Top Bottom