Being an athlete & Cancer

Being an athlete & cancer.... I never thought this killer disease is going to be prevalent for people who are active in sports... I see athletes as fit& healthy individuals, with higher resistance that is. But then again, cancer can still strike anyone... What are your thoughts about this?

My thoughts are "wow." I hope you get some good feedback here, because I really want you to get a great mark on this assignment.

But really, everyone has cancerous cells in their body from what I understand. Like you said, it can strike anyone. Cancer is the new pink. And it sucks.

many cancers have nothing to do with diet, or fitness.

they just occur. for example a white guy who runs marathons and eats right can still get skin cancer because of the sun exposure from running marathonsoutside.

they could be smokers (most common cause of lung, pancreas, bladder, layngeal cancers) with great fitness/diet.

also, if cancer runs in your family, no amount of fitness will help, only regular visits to your doctor to get it checked and detected early can help.

at the same time, there are different types of cancer that people can get from poor diet/special diet. for example stomach cancer from people that eat too muchcured meat (i.e. in japan this is pretty high). These are the preventable type so there IS a benefit from lots of fitness/diet, so dont be mislead intothinking it doesnt matter since athletes are getting CA nowadays.

anyone know if Chuck Daly was a smoker? cuz pancreas cancer, most common cause is smoking; regardless of how fit you are, u smoke u dead
frown.gif
(just ask PatSwayze)

Originally Posted by Vsano

Being an athlete & cancer.... I never thought this killer disease is going to be prevalent for people who are active in sports... I see athletes as fit
& healthy individuals. But then again, it can still strike anyone... What are your thoughts about this?

This is such a stupid post. I mean.....really? Did you seriously think that an athletes are immune from cancer? OP, no offense, but are you like 12?

Originally Posted by dland24

Being an athlete & cancer.... I never thought this killer disease is going to be prevalent for people who are active in sports... I see athletes as fit
& healthy individuals. But then again, it can still strike anyone... What are your thoughts about this?

This is such a stupid post. I mean.....really? Did you seriously think that an athletes are immune from cancer? OP, no offense, but are you like 12?
comparing an athlete who's into exercise & diet to an average guy who's not so much with these "life prolonging" habits& system, whom do you think is more prone to this disease?

smh.gif
for some reason, i thought this was gonna be about my boy A.I... i was coming to defend him. in that case lemme exit, i know nothing about cancer..
tired.gif

Ehem... kid, comparing an athlete who's into exercise & diet to an average guy who's not so much with this "life prolonging" habits & system, whom do you think is more prone to this disease? Why even give an uneducated comment? It's a question for matured people, not to "all knowing" people like you...

Hard to talk about uneducated comments when your posts are filled with grammatical errors. Log Off.

Ehem... kid, comparing an athlete who's into exercise & diet to an average guy who's not so much with this "life prolonging" habits & system, whom do you think is more prone to this disease? Why even give an uneducated comment? It's a question for matured people, not to "all knowing" people like you...

Hard to talk about uneducated comments when your posts are filled with grammatical errors. Log Off.
tired.gif
Lookwho's talking

cant understand the negativity on nt nowadays, if you dont have nothing good to say just dont comment
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom