Being at peace with yourself, Vol. True Happiness

I'm pretty much a loner as I don't hang out with anyone and just dedicate most of my time to school.  I don't need any drugs or a woman to make me happy, I just am.  It's almost as if I'm at peace with myself.  What played a big role I believe is isolating myself from negative people and not worrying so much about the past.  I used to worry a lot about the past, until I finally came to terms with myself that I can't change it and to live in it is only to go backwards.  I really hope you dudes prosper on your endeavors and succeed in what you want to do.  
smokin.gif
Anyone else the same way?   

I am there, although i do have a girl that I've been in a relationship for a year and some change I enjoy my time alone, more now then ever.

trying to get there. still have a few big obstacles that I feel keep me from attaining. they seem to be more self inflicted though, and defense mechanisms to keep me from being hurt because I feel its cost me a good amount.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

trying to get there. still have a few big obstacles that I feel keep me from attaining. they seem to be more self inflicted though, and defense mechanisms to keep me from being hurt because I feel its cost me a good amount.
Uncanny resemblance to my situation. I'm normally a laid back and relaxed kinda guy buy lately I've been letting everything get under my skin. 

forever alone>>>>being surrounded by backstabbers.

Happiest when I'm alone
pimp.gif

but then alone turns into loneliness 
ohwell.gif

I think the happiest I was when I would just wake up whenever, go hoop at the rec center for a couple of hours, go home to eat sleep and watch tv before doing it all again the next day. I didn't feel lonely because you have that interaction with other hoopers. Didn't have any real responsibilities and could just enjoy myself. Didn't feel the need to go party or seek out some females, but it was fun to go out with some close friends every now and then.

As you get older you realize how much time you've wasted on stupid people.
Albeit a friend, crappy job, dumb hobby so you value it a little more.

I am lucky that i'm in my 30's now with a great girl who (unlike most) doesn't need to run out every weekedn to see everyone she knows, we like our chill out time at home. We still hang with people but the problem most people have is they feel the need to roll EVERYTIME.

No need to be a loner though! Just do you & people will sense that positivity & gravitate to it.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I disagree. I rather go through the experience of being back stabbed again and again rather than living life without those feelings of anguish.  Why? Because those experiences will make me a stronger person and give me incentive and motivation to rise above it all.   Why live life in the dark?  
"Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them" 

You can't love others without first knowing how to love yourself.

Spend some time with yourself to get to know yourself.

Being at peace with yourself is a continuing project that should never end. Anger, jealousy, envy, fear, procrastination, depression, over-indulgence, gluttony, deceit, frustration..so on and so on are things that you need to learn to stay away from to find true happiness. Train your mind to eliminate those distractions until its on a sub-conscious level. Honesty, goal orientation, focus, initiative, self confidence(not ego) and positive vibrations will carry you further than you can imagine. You don't need religion, all you need to believe in is yourself. Become one with yourself.

I always make time for myself during the day. Whether it's 5 minutes or an hour, I take time to clear my mind and give myself a little "me" time. You dig what a man say? Just to get to know myself and my habits and the ones I need to break or the ones I need to become better at.

My girl has an understanding that I need this time and she is cool with it but once my time is up, she is always around me.
laugh.gif
I don't mind it tho.

Sometimes I wish I was alone.

So Just Leave Me Alone
Leave Me Alone
(Leave Me Alone)
(Leave Me Alone)
Leave Me Alone
(Leave Me Alone)
(Leave Me Alone)
(Leave Me Alone)
Leave Me Alone-Stop It!

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I disagree. I rather go through the experience of being back stabbed again and again rather than living life without those feelings of anguish.  Why? Because those experiences will make me a stronger person and give me incentive and motivation to rise above it all.   Why live life in the dark?  
"Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them" 
Huh?

So you get back stabbed a bunch then you rise above it.....meaning you don't hang out with backstabbers anymore....i don't get it.  Id rather not hang out with backstabbers and be forever alone

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

You can't love others without first knowing how to love yourself.

Spend some time with yourself to get to know yourself.

so cliche.. but 100% truth.

Originally Posted by do work son

I think the happiest I was when I would just wake up whenever, go hoop at the rec center for a couple of hours, go home to eat sleep and watch tv before doing it all again the next day. I didn't feel lonely because you have that interaction with other hoopers. Didn't have any real responsibilities and could just enjoy myself. Didn't feel the need to go party or seek out some females, but it was fun to go out with some close friends every now and then.
this is where i am right now. enjoying my life
pimp.gif
kinda wish i had a girl though, can't lie.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

It's a path I'm currently walking on and that path is more than appreciated. 
happy.gif
 Haven't been stressed in months and damn it feels good. Can't let %+*++%%% get to you. 
pimp.gif

It is a pretty good path. After my break up last year I kinda learned to stop being dependent on other people and not get to close with people. I still have some very close friends, but really only one I hang out with on the regular. It's effected my relationships with girls though, the three girls I've seen since I really havent been able to feel anything emotionally for them. I wanted to but just couldn't feel it and felt I enjoy being alone better. It's a freedom that can't be explained. Just embracing that freedom is great.

Well I love women...but I'm still at peace cause they don't determine my happiness. But it's nothing like new p...

Back
Top Bottom