Bel-Air Vol. Fresh Prince reboot

There’s one moment that I can see where it’ll divided the super faithful fans of the original. It was super unexpected.

Watched the first 3 episodes on peacock, it’s 🔥🔥🔥! Very gritty too! Honestly, it might be better then the actual sitcom because it really goes in-depth. I strongly recommend it!
It's the first few episodes, but I agree with it being better than the sitcom based on it having a serious tone.

Watching the 1st episode and the N word scene was a reach. Carlton might have been a cornball brother but don’t recall anything resembling that.

Checked out the first episode last night and its good..

Def gives more context to the OG story line...

Especially bc in todays time sitcoms are allowed to push the envelope a little bit more on what we can put on tv...

Dope so far!

Watching the 1st episode and the N word scene was a reach. Carlton might have been a cornball brother but don’t recall anything resembling that.
Might be a reach, but it is something that happens and needed to be talked about. I've seen plenty of videos online of certain brothas pushing that "n word is used in the black community so why should it matter if others say it" agenda. It's a nice way to set up Carltons redemption story now that he's being painted as this black kid trying his best to appeal to the rich & powerful white kids he's surrounded by.

On another note, I'm on episode 3 and like that the Alphas are being shown some love even though I'm an Iota. I bet Aunt Viv sorority would have been the AKAs if the black sororities weren't so hard on shows using their image/likeness.

I must say they did a good job in picking some nice looking women for this show.

My only "issue" was Ashley's introduction. IDC what anyone says, little kids aren't talking like that :lol:

Based on the reactions in this thread, I'll check it out.

She said some lil remark about global warming, and some other stuff. She was on her social justice tip.

Ashley had that Thanksgiving ep on the OG where she was trying to school her fam on the holiday.

My guess is, they thought that was an interesting angle to take with her character given today's climate.

I just read through the first pages and have no idea why everyone was hating on this. I guess its just cool to hate on things. I have been excited to get into this show since I heard about it. Definitely had promise from the start.

Glad to hear that people are into it. Cant wait to watch.

Back
Top Bottom