Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

Side note - I was actually in Pittsburgh when the suspension was announced. Sports radio out there certainly had a lot of Steeler fans who were tired of hearing/dealing with Ben and his off the field issues.

Furthermore, front page of the paper the following day had a downtown (by PNC) office building with "C-U-T B-E-N" in the windows.

Obviously those aren't fully representative of all steeler fans nor is it safe from bias, but it is somewhat telling. Sometimes, regardless of how good the talent is, it just gets old to have someone constantly in trouble. And then it starts to hurt the team (ie - suspension), it's not impossible to think their fan base would want to go in another direction even if it means not winning a super bowl for a couple of years while the transition away from the troubled star takes place.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Side note - I was actually in Pittsburgh when the suspension was announced. Sports radio out there certainly had a lot of Steeler fans who were tired of hearing/dealing with Ben and his off the field issues.

Furthermore, front page of the paper the following day had a downtown (by PNC) office building with "C-U-T B-E-N" in the windows.

Obviously those aren't fully representative of all steeler fans nor is it safe from bias, but it is somewhat telling. Sometimes, regardless of how good the talent is, it just gets old to have someone constantly in trouble. And then it starts to hurt the team (ie - suspension), it's not impossible to think their fan base would want to go in another direction even if it means not winning a super bowl for a couple of years while the transition away from the troubled star takes place.

Thanks for that response.  However, when the season kicks off make sure you give us another statement on how the city feels about this situation and let us know if you see some of those same signs in office buildings saying "Cut Ben".  For some reason, I think the sentiments of those feelings will change once football season begins.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Thanks for that response.  However, when the season kicks off make sure you give us another statement on how the city feels about this situation and let us know if you see some of those same signs in office buildings saying "Cut Ben".  For some reason, I think the sentiments of those feelings will change once football season begins.

laugh.gif
I don't live there man, I was just visiting.  I don't disagree with you in principle regarding how the city's sentiment would change if they start off poorly, I'm just saying, after awhile a good player can be ran out of town even at the cost of winning.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif
I don't live there man, I was just visiting.  I don't disagree with you in principle regarding how the city's sentiment would change if they start off poorly, I'm just saying, after awhile a good player can be ran out of town even at the cost of winning.

No doubt
happy.gif

Great reads DLo. 

I wonder if Ben stays outta trouble now.  I always thought OJ would never get in trouble again after he was found innocent the first time, and look how that ended. 

Ben doesn't seem like the type to learn from his mistakes. I picture him being just as dumb as South Park portrayed him.

Back
Top Bottom