Benefits of working at Finish Line

You get to move up a faster than a lot of other companies
Really chill workplace

If your store is located inside the mall,
-Food court Discounts, sometimes free things (I used to get free things working at footlocker)
-Discounts from other stores employees (with an exchange with your discount)
-First dibs at shoes (if your manager is cool)
-Holiday shopping is easy

If the store is NOT inside a mall then YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BENEFIT.

-Food court Discounts, sometimes free things (I used to get free things working at footlocker)

That's pretty much it right there. When I was at Finish Line, I didn't have to worry about getting my shoes and I was getting my sesame chicken for freeskies. 8)

From a past FNL employee....

No benefit. At all. Quit now, and find a better job.

Dude there aren't benefits to working at Finishline. 
laugh.gif

Put in work, do what you need to do, and move on in your life as soon as possible.

Mines is at an outlet mall...

[h3]I currently work at the busiest Finishline in the WORLD and when I say busiest I don't mean the most traffic but the most sales. (I am not bragging)[/h3]
This is my second job and the ONLY reason I justify working here is because I literally live across the street and it's extremely convienent for me to get to work.
[h3]There is absolutely no benefits.......let me explain.[/h3]
- No discounts on any big release Jordans,Lebrons,Foams etc.

- Still got to wait in line in order to buy any big release.

- "Too many chiefs not enough indians".

- Un-realistic expectations 
[h3]- You only get 1% of your shoe sales in comission (95% of your sales) ex. you sell $5000 a day in shoes sales (That's ALOT by the way) you make $5.00 for the day.[/h3]
Its a complete joke and they make it seem like you're working for NASA.

My opinion and thoughts obviously- hope it helps.

Opportunity for advancement....sell your *** off and there's no better job. Any managers can vouch once you get to that national managers meeting :smokin enough said.

Last edited:
[h3]I currently work at the busiest Finishline in the WORLD and when I say busiest I don't mean the most traffic but the most sales. (I am not bragging)[/h3]

This is my second job and the ONLY reason I justify working here is because I literally live across the street and it's extremely convienent for me to get to work.

[h3]There is absolutely no benefits.......let me explain.[/h3]

- No discounts on any big release Jordans,Lebrons,Foams etc.
- Still got to wait in line in order to buy any big release.
- "Too many chiefs not enough indians".
- Un-realistic expectations 
[h3]- You only get 1% of your shoe sales in comission (95% of your sales) ex. you sell $5000 a day in shoes sales (That's ALOT by the way) you make $5.00 for the day.[/h3]

Its a complete joke and they make it seem like you're working for NASA.

My opinion and thoughts obviously- hope it helps.

That would actually be $50 for the day, bud.
But yea, I work at champs, not FNL. I could at least say the mall advantages are there. Discount wise... Chmps/FTL>>>>>>>>FNL
Not even close

That's not how commission works. You get a base pay and an average commission salary added onto your base pay.
Example: your base pay is $10/hr. You work a 4 hour shift and selling $400 every hour. That means your average commission is $4. They take that $4 and add it to your $10/hr thus your pay is $14/hr.

Did you mean $500 ? Cuz you'd get $50 of 5 grand sold @ 1% I've never worked at a shoe store, but it seems like the products sell themselves. Its more customer service, not really sales- you already make a set amount anyway. Are there really places that give more than that?
to answer your question OP, I would say low stress and something to build on before a better opportunity comes along

You've never worked at Finish Line but somehow you are able to describe the job? :rolleyes

It isn't just customer service. You think every associate pushes you to buy insoles, socks, and sign up for their loyalty program because they actually care?

You know nothing JOHNNY.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom