Bengals @ Browns: Battle of Ohio, 1pm CBS

INACTIVES

Only one change to the starting lineups and it involves Cleveland. At right tackle, Oniel Cousins gets the start in place of Tony Pashos (ankle).

Bengals – OG Otis Hudson (knee), LB Dontay Moch (foot), CB Kelly Jennings (hamstring), S Taylor Mays (knee); Healthy inactives: HB Cedric Peerman, S Robert Sands, WR Ryan Whalen

Browns – LB Titus Brown (ankle), S Eric Hagg (knee), OT Pashos (ankle), WR Carlton Mitchell (finger); Healthy inactives: QB Thaddeus Lewis, OL Steve Vallos, TE Jordan Cameron

QUICK FACTS

Series – This is the 76th renewal of the Battle of Ohio with the Bengals leading 39-36. The teams split the season series for the 20th time last year with each winning on their home field. Since the Browns’ rebirth in 1999, the Bengals lead 15-9. At Cleveland: Browns lead 22-15. The Browns were 17-8 in old Cleveland Stadium but the Bengals are 7-5 in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

The Coaches – Bengals: Marvin Lewis (60-69-1 overall) is in his team-record ninth year at the helm. He is 11-5 against the Browns and 26-23 against the division; Browns: Pat Shurmur is the 13th coach in franchise history after 12 years as an NFL assistant.

First Start against Browns: The last time a Bengals rookie quarterback had his first NFL start against the Browns was Akili Smith on Oct. 10, 1999. In that game, Smith was 25 of 42 for 221 yards and two touchdowns as the Bengals rallied for an 18-17 win when Carl Pickens caught a 2-yard touchdown pass from Smith with five seconds remaining. On Oct. 17, 1971, Kenny Anderson’s first NFL start came against the Browns at Riverfront Stadium. The Bengals lost that game 27-24 and Anderson was 10 of 21 for 122 yards and an interception.

Thank God the ticket is free today so I don't have to go to a bar to watch Pitt v Balt

I think Browns win a low scoring affair

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Good plays, but those two throws probably never should have been made in the first place.

You're right. Dalton had a small window on the one to Simpson but the one to Green was bad.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Two great plays by Haden. Would have loved a TD but i'll take 3.

Yep.

Big plays early around the league.

Are the Browns struggling or is our defense actually playing with fire?
pimp.gif

Now that's what I"m talking about........God I hate that new kick-off rule....give my man Cribbs a chance

My head is throbbing. The Bengals started fast and got me excited then they gave up big plays. We're down by 1 and a lot of time left.

Back
Top Bottom