Best 13 months in JB history??

Originally Posted by bAMAZING

So your arms are aren't too short to box with God?

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll just leave it at that, no reason to go in.

laugh.gif
That's why his post came with a disclaimer...

The under 20 somethings probably didn't know where the reference derived from without googling it.

Any who...

The last year or so has been a tour de force for JB.

3M raging bulls V's, raptor 7's, varsity 6's, black/white XII's, black/columbia XII's, White/red XII's and space jams (to which, are the only shoes from jb in
their aforementioned release span that didn't cop).

Until the end of the year, 2010 looks extremely promising.

A huge chunk of my salary goes to JB but as long as i can get my fitted jeans and Jay Oh's on... i'm straight. 

As for the ones that are confirmed... the 6's, 9's, 10, 11's, and 13's... All copped. Screw child support.

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

True that the past and upcoming release in '09 and '10 are filled with "Heat". But does it really feel the same though?
ohwell.gif
For some reason, these don't mean nearly as much as say...the 2000-2001 era...I would much rather have kicks in that time span, think about all these kicks: Space Jams,Concords,Columbias,Cool Greys,Black/Red 11s,All the 1s that dropped,Black/Cement 3s,Laney 5s,Black/Metallic 5s,FireRed 5s,Infrared 6s,Olympic 6s, and so on....Also, these were made with much better quality. So yes, '00-'01>>>>>>>>'09-'10

But I don't think Jordan Brand sales is slowing down any time soon. Shoot, kids at my school went crazy for the Aqua Fusion 8s that dropped last week. There will always be new people buying Jordan kicks everyday.

I agree with that. People don't buy Jordans anymore because of Michael, they buy them for the look. As time goes on, Tinker should get more of the credit for the success of the Jordan Brand because most of these shoes have been retro'd already and people are still buying...including the fusions and other crap.

As for the quality: In the early years of the millenium, the quality was much more supple. I have the 01 black cements still deadstocked and the quality is buttery soft and durable. JB is milking this year for all it's worth...it's the 25th year, can't say I blame em'.
ohwell.gif

Perfect time for me to get back into collecting. (The Black/Varsity Red Retro VI's in January made me come out of retirement since '03.) The only thing I don't miss about collecting is how broke I used to get, which is going to happen several times this year. lol

Theres def alot of good models that have come out. but def the quality is slacking.. anyone with me on this?

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

True that the past and upcoming release in '09 and '10 are filled with "Heat". But does it really feel the same though?
ohwell.gif
For some reason, these don't mean nearly as much as say...the 2000-2001 era...I would much rather have kicks in that time span, think about all these kicks: Space Jams,Concords,Columbias,Cool Greys,Black/Red 11s,All the 1s that dropped,Black/Cement 3s,Laney 5s,Black/Metallic 5s,FireRed 5s,Infrared 6s,Olympic 6s, and so on....Also, these were made with much better quality. So yes, '00-'01>>>>>>>>'09-'10
i agree with you.  ive just lost that sense of excitment.     must be my age, im 29 now, back then i was 19.    i think a lot of it now has to do with the sub par quality of retros in this new age

Originally Posted by El Bro

Nothing will ever compare to the August 2000- December 2001 Time Period. The reason for that is the amount of detail and accuracy that went into every shoe back then. To top that off, the leather at the time was awesome. The shoes that JB are churning out right now are pretty bad. They have cut so many corners to increase profit, the shoes have lost the luster they once had. The reason they sell now is the Hype behind them, and thats what JB is capitalizing on.

well said. leather today is super thin.  i bend my toe and i already have what looks like a 5 yr old crease in the shoes//its sad.

Originally Posted by apthekid

I'm not too familiar with quality issues when it comes to recent JB releases vs past retro's...but for those of you that are unhappy with Jordan quality as of late...do you wear your Jordan's regularly??

I'm not trynna come at anyone at all, so please dont take that question offensively (I have quickly realized that there's alotta sensitivity on NT), I'm only asking cuz I rarely get to wear my Mikes...I love them to death, but they mostly sit in display cases and/or their boxes...that's the reality of having a 9-5, yaknow...the wallabees are in heavy rotation; Jordans, not so much...and it's rare that I go out somewhere that allows you to wear sneakers.

I'd appreciate the feedback

I wear most of my retros once a month if that. All the shoes I was unhappy with quality wise, I ended up selling/trading. The only ones I still have are my aquas. Since they were a GR and the paint is chipping, I am pretty much stuck with those. I learned my lesson though and know which models to stay away from.

Def NOT! Quanity should have nothing to do with it. If yall really believe these is the best 13 months, then 2011 is going to the worst months ever for you.

love the post, been a Mike Fanatic for years now. but i dont see why you have to be over 20 years old to appreciate this thread ?

Originally Posted by apthekid

I will certainly attest to 2000-2001 being great years, but I'm not sure if it's better than this year.

I will say this though...flooding the market with highly sought after kicks may not be the greatest idea...coming from someone that holds an BA in Marketing

Your BA in marketing should tell you that the Jordan brand releases these quick strike shoes for people have been long time fans or are internet fiends who buy what is hyped up. Aqua Fusions weren't hyped, but I guarantee some child walking into the mall with his mom who just got her tax  money will buy him a pair and he will go to school knowing he is fresh. Sure the QS releases sell for 175 or more, but keep in mind they are limited quantity. Therefore, when they are done, they are done. With the fusions and general releases, they will keep restocking over and over until they no longer see fit. Selling 25 pairs of shoes for 175 is great, but selling 200 pairs of shoes for 100 is better. Keep that in mind. Only young kids who know about the new retros are finding out via online. The kids who are causal fans of jays just go into the store and buy which ever jays they deem "hot". I walked on campus with my ICEY Olympic VI 2000, and nobody said a word. The kid with the fusions got complimented like a god. And you know what, I rather it stay that way
wink.gif

back in junior high & high school I could never afford all the new Jordan releases & would just sit there salty looking at everybody else styling wit they J's on.. Well now I been outta HS for almost 2 years and the paper is good... & the kicks dropping are some fire!! great time for me to have my money right (thankz to be Allah)

Let's go guys, buy every shoe that JB is releasing this year because MJ will need it since he bought the Bobcats. I'm taking a wild stab in the dark there.

ITs the best for those who didnt have money back before 2000. I remember not having cash to buy anything except payless shoes. Now as an adult, with disposable income, I can focus on grabbing the ones with the most sentimental value.

The thing that makes me go
eyes.gif
, is that the Sig shoe for JORDAN BRAND is anything BUT a sig. These last 2 releases havent been that amazing. And since jordan doesnt play anymore it seems like Jordan brand will all but slowly dissapear from the courts. It wont be in my lifetime
smile.gif
, but it's just sad for the future of the brand.

'95

Most of you guys probably had no idea what Jordans were back then or didnt have your own money, so you can't really understand what it was like back then, but I guess for today's standard of what they have been releasing in recent years, this year isn't bad AT ALL!!

im tired of old heads making fun of and talking down to younger sneaker heads no fence but if u over the age of 30 don't u think you should have more important things to worry about then a pair of shoes on your feet smh

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

im tired of old heads making fun of and talking down to younger sneaker heads no fence but if u over the age of 30 don't u think you should have more important things to worry about then a pair of shoes on your feet smh

Most dudes over the age of 30 can pretty much do as they please. They should have a solid job, own a home, have a family or thinking of having a family and have a little money to spend on say..... a pair of shoes on their feet. I don't think anybody is meaning to talk down to the young guys, but rather trying to convey what it was like back in the golden years of the Air Jordan line. It was pretty awesome man.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Let's go guys, buy every shoe that JB is releasing this year because MJ will need it since he bought the Bobcats. I'm taking a wild stab in the dark there.
roll.gif

man I can't remember a year like this in a long while...all my lost ones are coming back out and JB has got me back in the game. It feels good!

Like the Killa Priest reference, but yall "sneaker heads" are so funny, whatever is new is automatically crap, and then three years later it is fire. Yall hated the XXIII's, now they are the bomb, yall hated the XIV's, now they are considered the "best playing shoe ever", loved my OG Green, silver and black colorway in those by the way, wore them all of senior season then the rest of the school year. The XVII's were the last shoe I remember getting major dap when they came out, and now yall hate them, still love them for ballin in by the way my OG XVII's still feel like the day I bought them. The black on black 2.5's are bomb, I can wear them to formal events (weddings, corporate functions, work) and no one even notices with the nubuck, patent leather and elephant print, something I have been waiting to come together on one shoe for ever. The 12.5's had some cool color ways, and the 16.5 is the best new Jordan this year, since they ruined a shoe with great potential in the 2010's with that ugly #@+ window(still hoping for a 2010 with a jumpman where that window is, saw a pic of it but think it was just a concept shoe). I am a big XIII fan and because of that I got the black and red XIII fusions and know what, they are super comfortable, the ladies love them and they look fly with jeans in the club or shorts just walking around the mall, can not tell you how many girls have approached me just to ask about them. Hell, the holy grail OG XI's sat on the shelves when they came out and were the reason two stores where I live stopped selling J's for years, one still wont carry them and I live in Oregon, the home and birth place of Nike. Most of yall are sheep, yall need to find something you like and enjoy it, don't follow the flock, you honestly hate the fusions, fine that's great, but dont denigrate people who have a different opinion than you. I hated the VIII's when they came out and got the Air Raid II's instead, the og Spike Lee shoe for you kids who are under 25 and wont remember those, plz retro those by the way Nike I almost cried when the upper strap broke the last time I laced my second pair up, yeah I bought the same shoe twice in one year i liked them so much, and bit my friend who had them first style, but they were so dope I did not care. Now I have become a huge fan of the 8's and have a new pair on the way, I cant wait to rock these baby's in the club. So you know what it just goes to show you might change your mind later. I might just have to go cop those new 6 Ring Motor Sports that look like the 8's, 9's and 11's cause those baby's are dope as hell.

Back
Top Bottom