Best 13 months in JB history??

First of all, if you are under the age of 20, don't bother trying to provide feedback...your arms are too short to box with God.
So I just noticed today that the NY Knicks X's and the white/red XIII's are dropping this year which made me realize...between December '09 and December '10, Jordan loyalists will have had to opportunity to pick up Space Jams, Black/Varsity Red VI's, White/Varsity Red VI's, Black/Infared & White/Infared VI's (hopefully...we'll see whats up if/when this package drops), Chicago/NY X's, White/Cement IV's, OG White/Red II's, Concord and Cool Grey XI's, Charcoal & Powder IX's, White/Cement III's, and the White/Red and Nubuck XII's.  
I've been a fan of Mikes ever since I can remember, but was always too poor to cop when I was little.  I started my collection in like 2000/2001 when I was in highschool (some of you dudes was probably still nursing...lol).  So my question to some of you guys that been around for a minute is this...

Will this be the greatest year for retro releases ever?!?! 

The Countdown package turned out to be anti-climactic, but other than that ('07), I can't think of a 13 month period with so much heat droppin from JB.  I'm not even gonna get into all the Retro Nikes that have dropped or will be dropping this year (Griffeys, Pennys, Pippens, etc).  Do you guys think Nike/JB is actually listening to us?  Does anyone know if sales have been down for JB so they are doing something to combat that this year??  I'm kinda happy to be able to get my hands on all these releases, but it honestly breaks my heart when I see fire sittin on the shelves (i.e. white/red XII's).

Thoughts...?

I was gonna make the same thread. The best year ever! By a landslide. If you think otherwise, break down a better year than this.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

True that the past and upcoming release in '09 and '10 are filled with "Heat". But does it really feel the same though?
ohwell.gif
For some reason, these don't mean nearly as much as say...the 2000-2001 era...I would much rather have kicks in that time span, think about all these kicks: Space Jams,Concords,Columbias,Cool Greys,Black/Red 11s,All the 1s that dropped,Black/Cement 3s,Laney 5s,Black/Metallic 5s,FireRed 5s,Infrared 6s,Olympic 6s, and so on....Also, these were made with much better quality. So yes, '00-'01>>>>>>>>'09-'10

But I don't think Jordan Brand sales is slowing down any time soon. Shoot, kids at my school went crazy for the Aqua Fusion 8s that dropped last week. There will always be new people buying Jordan kicks everyday.

I like 00-01 a lot better even though I wasnt a Jordan head back then. This is a very nice year nonetheless.

I will certainly attest to 2000-2001 being great years, but I'm not sure if it's better than this year.

I will say this though...flooding the market with highly sought after kicks may not be the greatest idea...coming from someone that holds an BA in Marketing

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

But I don't think Jordan Brand sales is slowing down any time soon. Shoot, kids at my school went crazy for the Aqua Fusion 8s that dropped last week. There will always be new people buying Jordan kicks everyday.
laugh.gif

thats good though
SOMEONE has to buy em

as long as people buy fusions and all that stuff we call crap, JB will keep putting it out.

call me crazy, but im pretty sure that JB still makes a profit off of kicks they sell at outlets for lower prices
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bel air

laugh.gif

thats good though
SOMEONE has to buy em

as long as people buy fusions and all that stuff we call crap, JB will keep putting it out.

call me crazy, but im pretty sure that JB still makes a profit off of kicks they sell at outlets for lower prices
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

JB makes their money long before they go to the outlets.

when footlocker, champs, eastbay etc etc  buy/order JB's money is already made

how does it pain you to see fire sitting on shelves?? wasnt that how it use to back in the day when people wouldnt hype up releases?? half of the shoes in 00-01 sat on shelves for a couple days....i remember because i would look at them, but my mom limited me to $80 to spend on a pair, so obviously i couldnt get em.
frown.gif

i have also been an MJ fan ever since i can remember. Me, my brother, and my dad would go to several regular season bulls games at the united center during the 96-97 and 97-98 seasons............by the way i am 19 yrs old
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by solejordan

JB makes their money long before they go to the outlets.

when footlocker, champs, eastbay etc etc  buy/order JB's money is already made

so its a damn win/win situation for JB

crappy jordans= profit

good jordans= profit

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

how does it pain you to see fire sitting on shelves?? wasnt that how it use to back in the day when people wouldnt hype up releases?? half of the shoes in 00-01 sat on shelves for a couple days....i remember because i would look at them, but my mom limited me to $80 to spend on a pair, so obviously i couldnt get em.
frown.gif

i have also been an MJ fan ever since i can remember. Me, my brother, and my dad would go to several regular season bulls games at the united center during the 96-97 and 97-98 seasons............by the way i am 19 yrs old
tongue.gif

1) 2000-2001 isn't back in the day (or maybe it is, which sux for me)...I was in highschool and I definitely had to cut 1st block and wait at the mall before it opened to get mostly anything (ESPECIALLY in 2000/2001)...Maybe its a Jersey thing
2) I remember in the real "back in the day" (like '90-'95) Jay's used to be on the shelves for a lil while, but they were on the shelves next to all the stuff that dudes is lining up for now...plus Reebok and Fila were semi-competing back then with Shaq, Shawn Kemp, Grant Hill, Jerry Stackhouse, etc.

3) ...by the way, hi-5

2)

Originally Posted by apthekid

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

frown.gif

tongue.gif

1) 2000-2001 isn't back in the day (or maybe it is, which sux for me)...I was in highschool and I definitely had to cut 1st block and wait at the mall before it opened to get mostly anything (ESPECIALLY in 2000/2001)...Maybe its a Jersey thing
2) I remember in the real "back in the day" (like '90-'95) Jay's used to be on the shelves for a lil while, but they were on the shelves next to all the stuff that dudes is lining up for now...plus Reebok and Fila were semi-competing back then with Shaq, Shawn Kemp, Grant Hill, Jerry Stackhouse, etc.

3) ...by the way, hi-5

2)

no trying to flame or start a stupid back and forth debate, but if you wanted to make yourself sound old maybe you shouldnt have chosen a name like apTHEKID. how is it a jersey thing?? where i lived (IN SOUTH SIDE CHICAGO) i remember laneys 5, fire red 5, metallic 5, 16s, black cement 3s all being on shelves, i think the only ones that sold out on the first day were the 6 and 11 colorways.

by the way, the only reason i said my age is because of the dummy UNDER 20 remark
tired.gif

So your arms are aren't too short to box with God?

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll just leave it at that, no reason to go in.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

thats good though
SOMEONE has to buy em

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Look i understand  that a lot of my kids my age are just  hypebest.............i hate fusion have never had a pair and never will but..............i know my shoes and i know what I like and im going to where what i want but not all kids my age( im in high school) buy in to the hype

I'd have to say that 2000-2001 was the Golden Age. Nobody questioned Nike/JB in terms of quality. Nowadays, quality has decreased while MSRP increased. I'd say it's a tie in terms total heat overall regarding 2000-2001 vs. the present window now when you factor in the non-Nike shoes that're sought after now that have yet to be retroed (or may not get retroed) & Nike's other releases like apthekid said.

1) Foamposites (especially the rumored September release of the Royals). These will be the biggest non-JB release, just like they were last year when the eggplants released.

2) Air More Uptempo

3) Air Air Go LWP

JB will keep releasing retros but they'll probably get marked up even higher since the Motorsport VIs were a success and didn't get a rep for having so-so quality. We all know how JB gypped everyone with the Space Jam $50 markup too. I got a pair on launch day but the sliding box, shoe trees, and the plastic insert didn't justify $50.

Quality>>>>>>>>>>>> quantity

2001 FTW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

even though i wasn't a sneakerhead back then
frown.gif

smh.gif

and apthekid i do what i want.

and i guess your also saying that your own arms are too short to box with God.
 huh?

i'ma just keep the rest to myself. not worth geeting suspended/banned. 

anyways,  the quality from 2001 and all that crazy heat that released back then was
pimp.gif
  but this gives me a chance(this year) to cop and some more kicks to the collection. especially since i've missed out on the Spacejam's, both the Foamposite's, the XII's, some Griffey's and other heat but this year, i'm copping left and right.

Some of you need to go back to school and if you're still in it, pay attention in class. Especially English.

Anyhow, I agree that this is one of the best years as far as retro releases goes. Back in '01, I was too damn broke to buy everything. I was still in the Marines going through the motions.

People want to complain about quality but, I don't believe anyone here is a certified quality inspector. Are they? Most haven't even had a chance to WEAR every single release to the ground enough to say that the quality sucks. As a matter of fact, I've worn my CDP IX's, CDP XII's, CDP XI's, Space Jam '09's, True Blue III's, and Cherry White XII's many many times and I've had no comfort problems or quality of material dilemmas. NONE. I can honestly say that my shoes are made pretty well. And if you want to compare them to other versions, then go ahead. I won't because that was a different time. I only had a retro here and there since '99. They lasted me a long time too. I also had originals and I tore them up as a kid.

Things are made differently as the years go on no matter what you buy. Learn to adapt and stop living in the past. It's not going to change no matter how much you complain. If you can't, then move on. I apologize to any if this sounds like a lecture.

until its confirmed i wont believe this nonsense. its all speculation til proven otherwise

Back
Top Bottom