Best and Worst JB Gimmicks

Before the list wars commence, I'll start off with one that goes on both list.

Rub Off Color Layers

I'll probably one of the few that thinks this goes on the cons list... don't get me wrong, when done right, such as in the 12 Wings, it can be really cool, but for the most part I find it tacky. When it adds to the shoe I like it, but she it just changes the color I feel like it's just lazy.

Now for the bad ones...

Half and Half Shoes - Think Homage to Homes. A shoe that can't make up it's mind on what it wants to be. It's worse than the weird color change shoes because at least they can keep their consistency. These shoes only look good at a glance until someone realizes you have on the ugly *** Harvey Dent version of shoes.

Anything with fur/hair. And yes I own those ugly *** 6s, doesn't make it right.

Fusions - Not all are bad but most are.

Stupid *** print on the midsoles or all over the shoe. Just look at the butchered flint 13s or Patta 7s.

Patent leather. The only shoe that should ever have it are 11s. Anything else is an abomination. Except for my DMP 13s.

3M. No shoe should ever be solid 3M. That's worse than people who paint their entire car stainless steel. Eventually someone is going to die.

Also all Jordans except for the 1’s and 3’s are ugly as hell. 3’s I’m kinda reaching too. Those are ugly in the right light as well.
As an adult I can hang with with 1,3,5, 6 and 11’s. The rest look like toddler shoes or just ugly. Only Jordan I’d spend money on are the 1’s and 11’s

To answer the question there is no “best”. OG or bust (for the most part). Worst has to be the 2010’s “window to his game”.

Fusions werent that bad, just wrong timing I think

I had the taxi fusions, quality was great tho

Those aliea may 1s with fur :sick: her other 1’s is dope but those is not the wave

Yea jays with fur is a no go

Last edited:
the collabs are gimmicks... they sell out really only cuz they are limited... those union 1's are trash but get love cuz they are hyped and limited

^ Listen not gonna lie I was skeptical at first on those, but for some reason and idk why, some collabs have quality that is god like compared to a general release

Blacks Toes is amazing :pimp:

another one thats trash are those justin timberlake/tinker 3s.. why put a swoosh on 3's smh

08148068-18E5-4AF0-B7D6-B4A2C3D54A9F.gif

So the OG 3’s is the ‘Gimmick’

Don’t even know what’s going on in the sneaker world anymore for the most part.

Only got a pair of royals & bred 1’s as far as J’s go now.

The only pair of Jordan’s I regret selling were my Frag’s but for $850 & $2k, they had to go.

^ you dam right, if you could have held on even longer you would have been up more but still a phenomenal sell you did

Also all Jordans except for the 1’s and 3’s are ugly as hell. 3’s I’m kinda reaching too. Those are ugly in the right light as well.
3’s look like life rafts on your feet. As I get older about all I’ll rock is low 1’s.

Big fan of the XI, XII, XIII, and 1’s in certain color make ups. Right now the Michigan XII is in my hoops rotation, along with Black/Cement III’s. Gimmicks I hate, anything referring to a cap and gown.

Y'all are tripping, the 3s are perfect. BC and WC 3s are perfect. Every other colorway...not so much.

OG shapes changed the look on a lot of shoes too. 3’s now look like vans. 6’s are boot cut. Can’t rock with it

Don’t even know what’s going on in the sneaker world anymore for the most part.

Only got a pair of royals & bred 1’s as far as J’s go now.

The only pair of Jordan’s I regret selling were my Frag’s but for $850 & $2k, they had to go.
Absolutely without hesitation

Back
Top Bottom