Best athlete interviews you've ever seen? vol. Being real

Tmac's interview after the game when he scored 13 pts in 35 seconds.

"I've never been a part of anything like this, you have to excuse me." Best interview ever, you had to have watched the game to feel it.

So uh, I just watched the whole A.I. interview again & there goes my vote.

I feel like I'm on a natural high waling down memory lane with my favorite basketball player.

The interview rings so true to even today. The stuff he was talking about with LeBron ('They are waiting") is so relevant to Tiger's past few months. Dude just knows how it goes.
First time watching it, I couldn't believe he almost broke down just listening to a clip of Larry Brown. Its unbelievable how much respect he has for LB.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

The interview rings so true to even today. The stuff he was talking about with LeBron ('They are waiting") is so relevant to Tiger's past few months. Dude just knows how it goes.
First time watching it, I couldn't believe he almost broke down just listening to a clip of Larry Brown. Its unbelievable how much respect he has for LB.

this is so true,  you damn well if lebron has one little slip up, he'll go from being the face of the league to everyone turning their backs on him

Iverson gets way too much credit for not being able to control his emotions and refusing to grow up. Dude is gonna cry publicly AT LEAST two more times before it's all said and done.

1) When he really retires, which is hopefully soon

2) During his hall-of-fame speech (unless he messes up extra bad and disqualifies himself. But even then, he'll find a way to cry on camera).

How many times can a guy say "I know I'm not perfect" and "No one wants to talk about the good I do" before it becomes absolutely pathetic? To me, his tears would mean a lot more if he displayed some signs of maturation during the 14+ years I've known of him. Being emotionally unstable is =/= "being real" and his fans need to stop leading him to believe that it does. He's selfish and he's always sees himself as the exception to the rules of life. It's almost as sad as him having someone articulate write his twitter messages for him.

With that said, I can understand how his interviews could be considered must-see TV. Much like a car wreck on the northbound side of a highway can cause a traffic jam on the southbound side, Iverson interviews are "required viewing" as people are simply prone to actively witness destruction.

Call me a hater if you will. But all I'm trying to do is let his fans know that they can move full speed and save A.I. from himself. Unfortunately, all they do is stand back and watch the slow-motion, single car crash that Iverson's life has become, all while they stand back and applaud at the fact that he's still alive somehow. Well here's news flash: Iverson might be waiving his arm out of this flaming ball of twisted metal, but he's not necessarily just letting you know he's ok. He might be asking for help.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Iverson gets way too much credit for not being able to control his emotions and refusing to grow up. Dude is gonna cry publicly AT LEAST two more times before it's all said and done.

2) During his hall-of-fame speech (unless he messes up extra bad and disqualifies himself. But even then, he'll find a way to cry on camera).

How many times can a guy say "I know I'm not perfect" and "No one wants to talk about the good I do" before it becomes absolutely pathetic? To me, his tears would mean a lot more if he displayed some signs of maturation during the 14+ years I've known of him. Being emotionally unstable is =/= "being real" and his fans need to stop leading him to believe that it does. He's selfish and he's always sees himself as the exception to the rules of life. It's almost as sad as him having someone articulate write his twitter messages for him.

With that said, I can understand how his interviews could be considered must-see TV. Much like a car wreck on the northbound side of a highway can cause a traffic jam on the southbound side, Iverson interviews are "required viewing" as people are simply prone to actively witness destruction.

Call me a hater if you will. But all I'm trying to do is let his fans know that they can move full speed and save A.I. from himself. Unfortunately, all they do is stand back and watch the slow-motion, single car crash that Iverson's life has become, all while they stand back and applaud at the fact that he's still alive somehow. Well here's news flash: Iverson might be waiving his arm out of this flaming ball of twisted metal, but he's not necessarily just letting you know he's ok. He might be asking for help.

eek.gif
 Damn. Never thought of it that way. Have me looking like Wee-Bey right now. Great post. 

applause.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

For me, no question, Allen Iverson on Stephen A. Smith's Quite Frankly. One of the best hours of television I've ever seen. That episode made me put QF on dvr until it was cancelled.
Same here.
laugh.gif

I watched almost all of QF.

Very well put.

The dude gets emotional but look at the subject matter he deals with.  He never cries because he lost games or that he got traded.....

He does mess up but the reporters/writers/haters make a bigger deal than it should be. He's the perfect bad guy (look wise) if they blow up his mistakes and the masses will eat it up no questions asked. How else do you explain the word "thug" coming up many times in people's comments on other sports related blogs/news reports?

Back
Top Bottom