Best ballin shoe for narrow feet????

Like the title says,

I'm looking for a ballin shoe that's great for hoopers w/ narrow feet such as myself. I recently sprained my ankle in my CDP XVIII's because of the amount of room in the toebox area. I would've bout another pair of Jordan 9.5's (not the lows) but can't find em anywhere
ohwell.gif
.  So what would my NT fam suggest? At this point, price is no longer an issue, I gotta stop bein cheap about hoop feets.

^ i'm with the jordan 14's.. they're really solid for narrow feet.
ps. how did you fix the soles in the cdp 18's from sliding?

Would the CDP XIV's suffice since that's the closests ones I'll be able to find?

Would the 'Posites be able to be worn w/ ankle braces? I'm gon stay away from Foams since they are too stiff, I have two pair already and can't really bend my feet in em.
Originally Posted by chamilitary03

Thatt's the problem, I didn't. Only way I see that problem bein fixed is to change insoles. The transition from the carbon fiber plate to regular insole is the main problem w/ the sliding in the insole

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Would the CDP XIV's suffice since that's the closests ones I'll be able to find?

Would the 'Posites be able to be worn w/ ankle braces? I'm gon stay away from Foams since they are too stiff, I have two pair already and can't really bend my feet in em.

Thatt's the problem, I didn't. Only way I see that problem bein fixed is to change insoles. The transition from the carbon fiber plate to regular insole is the main problem w/ the sliding in the insole
the XIVs could be obtained for cheap on eBay, I've never tried the CDPs, but from what I'd heard they aren't as good. The OG XIV's were the best, because they had better grip and the vent was exposed for better ventilation, and the overall quality and build was just better. Most likely you will get a 2006 Retro pair, which are still great. I had almost every color of the XIV retro, and I say the black/carolina blue pair has the best fit for ballin, most of the other colors had that weird suede lining which messes up the whole fit and makes your socks slide everywhere. Only thing is you may have to look a while for your size to pop up on eBay. The market price for them is very low right now. I just had an auction last month for a pair of OG last shots in DS condition end at $80 I was heartbroken
frown.gif
frown.gif
. I still have a pair of unworn OG XIV white/red size 9.5 with slightly yellowed soles for sale, hit me if you're interested.

and the flightposite II's arent nearly as stiff as the foams, I'm not sure about the ankle brace though you may have to try it on at the store to see, which isn't too hard since they're out right now.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

the XIVs could be obtained for cheap on eBay, I've never tried the CDPs, but from what I'd heard they aren't as good. The OG XIV's were the best, because they had better grip and the vent was exposed for better ventilation, and the overall quality and build was just better. Most likely you will get a 2006 Retro pair, which are still great. I had almost every color of the XIV retro, and I say the black/carolina blue pair has the best fit for ballin, most of the other colors had that weird suede lining which messes up the whole fit and makes your socks slide everywhere. Only thing is you may have to look a while for your size to pop up on eBay. The market price for them is very low right now. I just had an auction last month for a pair of OG last shots in DS condition end at $80 I was heartbroken
frown.gif
frown.gif
. I still have a pair of unworn OG XIV white/red size 9.5 with slightly yellowed soles for sale, hit me if you're interested.

and the flightposite II's arent nearly as stiff as the foams, I'm not sure about the ankle brace though you may have to try it on at the store to see, which isn't too hard since they're out right now.
Them XIV's would be a lil small on me chief, I wear a 12 but thanks for the offer. I'm gon keep a look out for the XIV's and try the flightposite's on when I get the chance
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td]
Try Kobe IV. They pretty narrow and tight at the forefoot
[/tr][/table]
Too low for me. I'm not a big fan of low cut feets for hoopin, it's a mind thing, I don't feel supported enough

I forgot to add the white/green XIV's have the good interior as well. I didn't get those because I don't have much to wear with those, but I remember now.

I forgot to add the white/green XIV's have the good interior as well. I didn't get those because I don't have much to wear with those, but I remember now.

Yea, that's coo, I figure I'm just gon go w/ some XII's for the ease of purchase factor. I'll buy the "Flu Games" since I didn't like em enough to rock casually
laugh.gif
. I have the Black/Carolina pair and forgot how I liked how they felt since I haven't worn em in a while.

Thanks for all ya help brah

Yea, that's coo, I figure I'm just gon go w/ some XII's for the ease of purchase factor. I'll buy the "Flu Games" since I didn't like em enough to rock casually
laugh.gif
. I have the Black/Carolina pair and forgot how I liked how they felt since I haven't worn em in a while.

Thanks for all ya help brah
for sure, that's cool. I don't even know why you chose the XVIII's to begin with those things are wider than average and it's hard to adjust the fit because the cover covers up the front laces.

I picked the XVIII's because they were the pair I least cared about in my collection, the snug fit around the ankle made me think that' I'd be good as far as support goes, I was wrong
laugh.gif

not only that if you check out the soles its unstable because the red part and the black parts with the squiggly lines are uneven.

i usually wear double socks for games, and with the last shots, i noticed that by half time, my outer socks would pretty much be off my whole foot, but with my white/chartreuse 14's they were fine. I wonder if its because of the suede and interior like said before.

i usually wear double socks for games, and with the last shots, i noticed that by half time, my outer socks would pretty much be off my whole foot, but with my white/chartreuse 14's they were fine. I wonder if its because of the suede and interior like said before.
Yea, that's what it sounds like, the inner lining caused the sock problems.  I don't even feel like lookin for the XIV's tho cause I don't do anything less than DS.

Double socks is something I used to do.  This is one of the reasons I stopped wearing it.  The other is that the support the extra pair gives, kills some of your reaction speed and lets your foot to move around too much.  Just get a better pair of basketball socks that is thick around the areas that count instead of wearing double.  And no I don't mean the NBA socks because they really are nothing more than regular socks but thicker. 

And as a shoe to recommend for narrow feet.  If you can get your hands on the 02/03 Ultralfights.  Probably one of the most favored basketball sneakers by Nike ever.  People on NT and other sites use to go crazy over this shoe.  The Ultraposites were my favorite during that year though.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Double socks is something I used to do.  This is one of the reasons I stopped wearing it.  The other is that the support the extra pair gives, kills some of your reaction speed and lets your foot to move around too much.  Just get a better pair of basketball socks that is thick around the areas that count instead of wearing double.  And no I don't mean the NBA socks because they really are nothing more than regular socks but thicker. 

And as a shoe to recommend for narrow feet.  If you can get your hands on the 02/03 Ultralfights.  Probably one of the most favored basketball sneakers by Nike ever.  People on NT and other sites use to go crazy over this shoe.  The Ultraposites were my favorite during that year though.
eek.gif
eek.gif
Those were the good old days
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
kicksology
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

eek.gif
eek.gif
Those were the good old days
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
kicksology
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif
I remember those days too
laugh.gif
I slept on em both though because I got hoop kicks since I was on the bball team

Back
Top Bottom