BEST BASKETBALL SHOE FOR OVERALL PERFORMANCE??????

In your opinion, what is the best basketball shoe for overall performance? I am most interested in: grip, cushioning, and comfort.

I DO NOT want to hear people complain about anything or critique others opnions. JUST SAY THE SHOE AND MAYBE A SHORT NOTE OF WHY IT IS YOUR FAVORITE.

Once again...this is best overall BASKETBALL shoe for hoopin in.

The shoe doesn't have to be necessarily available right now. Such as: Hyperdunks or Huarache 08's.......it can be a previous lebron or kobe thats notout right now.

XXI PE. Traction, courtfeel and stability are awesome. Cushion is not that soft, which is how I like it (shoes w/ really soft cushioning, like ZLII or ZKI,irritate my achilles for some reason). I was playing yesterday on a dusty floor, and everyone else was sliding a bit. But not me. Major advantage.

zoom bb2. traction, comfort, durability, looks, and the lacing system is all spot on.

i like balling in my 2k4, it has good traction, support, and its lightweight. i dont like shoes that are heavy and feel like its dragging you down. but i wouldrecommend the hyperdunks.

2k4 b/c its the best shoe ever (i have a variety of shoes including HD, lebron V, all the kobes, jordans, random nike bball) and love the 2k4 handsdown...flightposite is one of my new favorites too!

Kobe III are the best shoes I have ever worn. There is no downside to these shoes. There isnt one thing I dont like about them, they are so light, great fit,low to the ground, great traction, love the style. Next inline I would have to say the hyperdunks, they are unreal, even lighter, feel great and look great.Traction has been awesome. 2k4s are amazing as well, pretty much anything from the kobe line, I dont mess with Air Jordans no more.

Originally Posted by PR baller 23

Kobe III are the best shoes I have ever worn. There is no downside to these shoes. There isnt one thing I dont like about them, they are so light, great fit, low to the ground, great traction, love the style. Next inline I would have to say the hyperdunks, they are unreal, even lighter, feel great and look great. Traction has been awesome. 2k4s are amazing as well, pretty much anything from the kobe line, I dont mess with Air Jordans no more.
I agree Kobe III's are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. So underrated. Only problem area is traction. Everything else is damn perfect.Even if it just has average, not spectacular traction these would be the greatest guard shoes EVER.

Best shoe of all time to play in is the Nike Kobe II ultimate

the best cushioning out there period as well as some of the best fit there is and the ankle support is unreal. These shoes also really breathe well, with thediamond shaped vents on the side. a really nice innersleeve, the only down side is the shoes rubs the #*&% out of your achilles the first few wears. myfavorite shoe to ball in. Plus carbon fiber underfoot. Great shoes. Excellent traction as well.

I love the hyperdunk, and XX3 a lot as well though

ive balled in the 360 bb's, the t-mac 2's, air flight banger's, air force formidables, and1 chosen 1's, melo 5.5 low's, air zoomenhance's and the xx3's trump them all!

they just lock your foot in like no other shoe, while not being overly restrictive, the cushioning is perfect (MIND BLOWINGLY responsive, high impactprotection, AMAZING court feel), VERY VERY STABLE! via the chassis, it just gives you an air of confidence, when i wear it its like i can do anything (dont getme wrong, wearing any kind of shoe wont transform you into mj, but to me it feels like maybe just maybe you can play above the level you could normally do).its springy, without being overly stiff, absolutely NO midfoot flex, it just really feels like its one with your foot. my only gripe with it is, the patentleather toebox and tounge, creases a bit ( i own the white stealths). there is the pinky toe issue though, but its easily addressed by wearing padded sock (asive given up on wearing thin no-show socks).

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

Best shoe of all time to play in is the Nike Kobe II ultimate

the best cushioning out there period as well as some of the best fit there is and the ankle support is unreal. These shoes also really breathe well, with the diamond shaped vents on the side. a really nice innersleeve, the only down side is the shoes rubs the #*&% out of your achilles the first few wears. my favorite shoe to ball in. Plus carbon fiber underfoot. Great shoes. Excellent traction as well.

I love the hyperdunk, and XX3 a lot as well though

i concur. the kobe ultimates are the best shoe i've balled in.. kobe I's, 2k4s, XIXs aren't bad either..

If your wealthy and can buy a ton of them, Hyperdunks, if you're normal I would go with Zoom BB II.

I thought that the Kobe II where the worst shoes I have ever had. TERRIBLE fit. I got a size 11, and they where way to small. I normally get 10.5 but theydidnt fit. i figured I could break the size 11 in, but nope, way to small. Foot slide around in them, didnt lock my foot down, terrible traction, not a fan atall. Kobe IIIs are amazing, traction has been unreal for me, but i always sweep the floor before we play.

I thought that the Kobe II where the worst shoes I have ever had. TERRIBLE fit. I got a size 11, and they where way to small. I normally get 10.5 but theydidnt fit. i figured I could break the size 11 in, but nope, way to small. Foot slide around in them, didnt lock my foot down, terrible traction, not a fan atall. Kobe IIIs are amazing, traction has been unreal for me, but i always sweep the floor before we play.

I'm torn between the VCII's, Jordan XVIII's and the 2K3's. All 3 were dope but fordifferent reasons. The VCII's had a stiff cushioning setup from the full length shox, but the insole cushioned the landings. Also, the upper was amazinglysupple and comfy. The 2K3's just had so much all new technology in them i copped nearly every colorway made. Full length zoom, sticky traction, out riggerson the soles, exceptional ventilation. Simply put, the 18's renewed my faith in the Jordan line. The cushioning was pillow soft, which i love. The look andfit of the shoe is awesome. The best part for me is how low the shoe is cut. I forgot how much i love lows and the stability was outstanding. Come to think ofit, i've got at least 10 more shoes for consideration LOL!

Jordan XXI, XX2 - Pod cushioning
GP III/Pippen V - morph technology
Lebron II & IV - great lockdown fit
Zoom BB - ultra soft zoom air and upper needs NO break in time
Windmill - excellent heel to toe transition
BB4 - stable as a brick mansion
Flightposite III - unreal snug feel
AF25 - incorporates multiple cushioning and fit technologies
Max Elite - the only big man shoe a slashing guard can wear and love
Garnett III - incredibly comfy
Jordan XI, XII - glue like traction

Damn Nike has put out some great stuff.
tongue.gif

I think I have to go with the Zoom BB II's. Im going on my fifth year playing college ball (redshirt freshman) and these have it all man. I do have toagree that the XII's are the most durable ever....non-CDP that is

2k5. everything on the shoe was spot on for me. even better than the 2k4..though pretty much the rest of the world would disagree.
only thing was i sprained my left ankle shooting a three and landing on the other guys foot.

Back
Top Bottom