Best Basketball Shoes that give more vertical or bounce on jump

Sup guys Im looking to pickup a pair of bball kicks that give Bounce and better vertical.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by RSomers6

Sup guys Im looking to pickup a pair of bball kicks that give Bounce and better vertical.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Find some bball kicks with rockets in the sole.

The thing that I find affects vertical most is the court feel and how well you can toe off.

I always think about the Jordan XX2 because of how bad it was for me. The court feel was weird and I couldn't get a strong toe off so I had trouble leapingas high as I could (which isn't high to begin with) in say the BB Low or Gil Zero.

I'd look for a shoe that has a minimum midsole, something you can really feel the ground through, especially at the toes. I don't think there's anyreal tech. that can give you extra height on your vertical when you play.

Originally Posted by punisha15

Originally Posted by RSomers6

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

that wasn't funny....sorry!
happy.gif

for me......... Lebron IVs, VC IV's, Shox Limitless, Shox BB4s, and huarache 2k4s.

No shoe can make you jump higher...

If you want some strength training shoes, they have some on eastbay, altho they look like shoes for mentally challenged people..

jw air wrote:
punisha15 wrote:
RSomers6 wrote:

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

that wasn't funny....sorry!
happy.gif

You may have thought it wasn't funny but I find your stupidity hilarious.

I dont think any shoes can help you jump higher in-game but some shoes can prevent you from jumping your highest every time. I agree with trying to find someshoes with excellent court feel. 2k5s and Hyperdunks have been two of the best at this for me.

^the sentence structure in your signature is wrong (you're getting the new JB...? should be are you getting the new JB...?)

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change, yey
Na na na, na na na, na na na na oh ho

back to topic:

shoes with great traction could also improve lift off for a higher jump

In theory lighter shoes should make you jump higher, so the Hyperdunk, Hyperize/Hyperlite, Zoom Kobe IV, Zoom Soldier III are worth checking out.

Any shoe with zoom air should make it more likely to reach your maximum vertical leap because of their high energy return.

It's quite opposite actually. Zoom's energy return will not elevate you, on the contrary, its' bounceness will soak some of the toe-off energy.Hard forefoot cushioning will allow to push the hardest.... Anyway we're talking inches here, you may even not notice the difference...

If you are unsure you should to a comparison test. Line up all the shoes you have and see which one jumps the highest.

as someone pointed out above, a shoe will not make you jump higher. But there are a few things that definitely hold you back, and you can avoid or minimizethat kind of stuff.

a firm platform to take off from (try jumping off of a sandy beach vs off of a hardwood floor), sufficient flexibility to permit a good toe off, and not toomuch ankle restriction are the keys. So, don't get a soft shoe, don't get a stiff shoe, and don't get a shoe that restricts your ankle movementfront-to-back. If you have to wear ankle braces, wear the kind with hinges.

if you want to jump high just once, and not in a game, chucks will work great. seriously.

if you want to actually play basketball, you need to evaluate your prioirities and find the shoe that balances your desire to jump high with, for example, yourdesire to avoid sliding, sprained ankles and shinsplints.

I like the 2k4, just don't tighten the top strap too much. the adidas creator is good, once you break it in and the flexibility of the shoe improves a bit.any shoe with the springy zoom is probably not helping your vert, the soft springy feeling comes from the cushioning tech sucking up your energy.

Weight of the shoe doesn't really matter much, by the way, when it comes to jumping, imo. Weight has more effect on your leg turnover and your ability toaccelerate when fatigued...which to tell you the truth will probably be more important than your vert when it comes to winning or losing games.

ankle weights for a week is what dramatically changed my vert...try it i got 5 inches on mine...Xx...

Originally Posted by XxFootWear

ankle weights for a week is what dramatically changed my vert...try it i got 5 inches on mine...Xx...

did you just jog with them or did you ball wearing them? thanks

Back
Top Bottom