Best Blog Site?

Looking to possibly create my own blog finally and wanted to know:

-What is the best blog site out there?
-Most popular?

nerd.gif

Wordpress for sure.

Tumblr if you don't have much to sy and rather use pictures to speak your mind.

blogger is the best if you dont have webhosting for yourself

wordpress is the best format if you have your own webhosting/server, domain, etc etc.

the wordpress free hosted blogs service is a ripoff.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

wordpress is the best format if you have your own webhosting/server, domain, etc etc.

What do you mean? The services that you can purchase? If people know what's up with CSS coding, then it is totally worth it. I have managed to alter mine to fool people to think I have wordpress.org blog when I have a wordpress.com one (yes there is a difference between the two). The free one is a stepping stone to actually code your own blog from the ground up. I am literally on the verge of transferring mine but I feel I still need to learn more.

Not a Tumblr fan and I just hate blogger.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

What do you mean? The services that you can purchase? If people know what's up with CSS coding, then it is totally worth it. I have managed to alter mine to fool people to think I have wordpress.org blog when I have a wordpress.com one (yes there is a difference between the two). The free one is a stepping stone to actually code your own blog from the ground up. I am literally on the verge of transferring mine but I feel I still need to learn more.

i just dont like how you have to pay for custom css. you have to pay for more storage, you have to pay for this and that, etc etc. when you can just get your own webhosting and download wordpress from wordpress.org.
and i frequent your blog a lot (im actually a big fan of your blog) and i actually thought yours was wordpress and your own hosting. 

im not saying wordpress.com sucks, im just saying, if people arent willing to pay for all of the services to get their blogs the way they want it, its an unfair ripoff compared to blogger which is free and you can do whatever you want if you can code in XML/XHTML. 

im not sure how much all of the features end up costing per year after the CSS, domain name, storage upgrades, video storage upgrades, no ads, etc etc. because i never tried to buy everything. I bought custom CSS but then moved to blogger a little while later and just coded everything myself from the ground up. 

and yeah, i dont like Tumblr either. its more of a social networking site than a blog site. a lot of people just reblog stuff... its like twitter in a way imo

i just dont like how you have to pay for custom css. you have to pay for more storage, you have to pay for this and that, etc etc. when you can just get your own webhosting and download wordpress from wordpress.org.
and i frequent your blog a lot (im actually a big fan of your blog) and i actually thought yours was wordpress and your own hosting. 

im not saying wordpress.com sucks, im just saying, if people arent willing to pay for all of the services to get their blogs the way they want it, its an unfair ripoff compared to blogger which is free and you can do whatever you want if you can code in XML/XHTML. 

im not sure how much all of the features end up costing per year after the CSS, domain name, storage upgrades, video storage upgrades, no ads, etc etc. because i never tried to buy everything. I bought custom CSS but then moved to blogger a little while later and just coded everything myself from the ground up. 

and yeah, i dont like Tumblr either. its more of a social networking site than a blog site. a lot of people just reblog stuff... its like twitter in a way imo

Oh I get what you're saying. Had no idea blogger didn't require you to purchase anything. Oddly enough though, how come people still have poorly designed sites on blogger? Unless I am not seeing the good ones (if anyone has good ones.....post them up). As far as the service fees on wordpress, it's not that much. I think with domain name, ccs coding, you're looking at like under $25. Unless toy go all out and purchase there video upgrade and space upgrade, then it could be more. For the most part 2gbs should run you fine on just photos and I would rather use youtube or vimeo for video.

Right on though.....good to know these things before I start spurting out stuff. Still hate blogger though.

Oh I get what you're saying. Had no idea blogger didn't require you to purchase anything. Oddly enough though, how come people still have poorly designed sites on blogger? Unless I am not seeing the good ones (if anyone has good ones.....post them up). As far as the service fees on wordpress, it's not that much. I think with domain name, ccs coding, you're looking at like under $25. Unless toy go all out and purchase there video upgrade and space upgrade, then it could be more. For the most part 2gbs should run you fine on just photos and I would rather use youtube or vimeo for video.

Right on though.....good to know these things before I start spurting out stuff. Still hate blogger though.
I guess mine is pretty good (im still working things out, adding, taking away things, but this is pretty much it) http://www.primo-supreme.com/
http://www.primo-supreme.com/but i've been thinking about wordpress on and off lately, but i can't seem to find myself making the switch. im so used to blogger 
laugh.gif

and a lot of people on blogger suck at designing and coding html/css and stuff. tumblr has a lot of free themes so the majority of people use those now.

whats good with a link exchange though 
nerd.gif

blogger for beginners/more user-friendly.
Wordpress once you get your feet wet (Pause) and Skies the limit with Wordpress too.

Originally Posted by TheHype

blogger for beginners/more user-friendly.
Wordpress once you get your feet wet (Pause) and Skies the limit with Wordpress too.

nerd.gif
 i didnt know you had a new SN. whats good my dude

Back
Top Bottom