Best Burgers in the DMV

As you guys probably know, the DC area (NoVA) is where Five Guys burgers and fries originally started 20+ years ago so we pretty much started the fast casual burger trend.

As such, what are your favorite burger spots in the area? Here are my top picks:

#1: Quarry House Tavern (Silver Spring, MD):

Amazing beer, burgers and tots-it is cash only but is pretty cheap. Absolutely delicious.

#2: Bareburger (Dupont Circle NW, DC):

This place recently opened but the brisket burger is incredible. Also relatively inexpensive for a sitdown restaurant.

#3: BTS (Foggy Bottom NW, DC):

This place is known for it's alcoholic milkshakes but the burgers here are all under $10 and are delicious.

What are your favorite burger spots in the DMV?

Last edited:

shake shack for that quickie
I thought it was okay...Tried for the first time at the Tyson's location.

I like elevation burger!!!
Need to try this.

Also went to Georgetown for the first time and saw a burger place across from Georgetown Cupcakes...I heard that place was good too.

Side rant: Why is it so hot out here?!?!?!

The mushroom burger is the one I prefer from Good Stuff. Holy Cow in the Del Ray neighborhood is damn good. Love the cheeseburger from Red Apron Butchery though with fries, it's a bit on the pricey side.

Last edited:
Went to Good Stuff on Monday and had the Steakhouse Burger...I kind of expecting more?

Maybe I should have went with the Obama Burger since everyone has been suggesting that to me.

Went to Good Stuff on Monday and had the Steakhouse Burger...I kind of expecting more?

Maybe I should have went with the Obama Burger since everyone has been suggesting that to me.

Good Stuff is kind of overpriced since the burgers are kind of small for what you pay.. The fries are amazing there though.

Good Stuff is kind of overpriced since the burgers are kind of small for what you pay.. The fries are amazing there though.
I thought my order of fries were alright...Had them with the Old Bay Dipping Sauce...May need to try this place one more time to make a true verdict on the fires.

I was tempted on ordering their Chili...But wasn't sure if it was going to be good or not.

I know this is a burger thread...But I need to know, what is the MUST TRY food out here? 

I've been told to try Ben's Chili Bowl...But I know some of you guys have more suggestions.

I know this is a burger thread...But I need to know, what is the MUST TRY food out here? 

I've been told to try Ben's Chili Bowl...But I know some of you guys have more suggestions.
sardi's in prince george's county, amazing peruvian food.

BGR and Smash Burger pretty good. There's a ton of clones like these around northern va so you gatta try whatever their specialty is to judge it. BGR good at outside the box toppings like grilled pineapple. Smash burger has god sauce.

I'm patiently waiting for BGR to open up in Mosaic. 

I don't want to drive to the one in Arlington lol

Red Apron Burger in Dupont is really good.. Service was pretty bad there last Sat night but their food is legit.

Queen Vic on H St low key has some of the best burgers on DC.

Had the fried pork belly, fried egg, double patty burger there last week.

Back
Top Bottom