Best buy is ridiculous

So I dropped my 300 GB Ext. hard drive (that was almost completely full of music)

and i decided to take it to best but to try and retrieve all the data.

Initially they charged me $175 just to look at it
tired.gif

but to transfer all my stuff they want $1,700
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay that much for stuff that i downoaded for free
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
roll.gif

they told me it had a "bad plotter"

i dont know what that is

But i was wonderin' if I can just put it into a desktop pc
nerd.gif

anybody
nerd.gif

you mean a bad platter which is basically where the information is stored in the harddrive

Bad platter. And it's prolly gonna be that much to retrieve the data from anywhere. Hard drive data recovery is EXPENSIVE.

If you went to Geek Squad they got in trouble for lying to customers about software problems.

i dont go in there for nothin anyways. cant believe they told you that. with that much u can buy a new 360 and a hd tv to go with it.

geeksquad is whack.. dont you have a local mom and pop computer joint that has a tech support staff?

Damn, best buys cool with me though, I copped a lap top a year ago with a 3 year extended warranty and so far its been smashed twice and the first time theyfixed it the second time they gave me a new one that was better than my old one...

I need to get on my Ext Hardrive Steez but I hear way to any problems about it. Like losing data real easy

so its "platter"
laugh.gif

yea i think I'm gonna have to go to a mom and pop

i had everything on there
frown.gif

been downloadin everything i could get my hands on since like '04
embarassed.gif

wheres the SMH icon when u need it
tired.gif

^^^ Same thing happened to me this past week. I had a 500GB External with 454GB of data on there. Of course it was all pirated material, but I don't havethe time, money, or resources to download it all again and buy another HD to fit it on.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

just get a new one and dl stuff. the new drive will probably be faster and hopefully more reliable. if you downloaded something back then its going to still bearound

Originally Posted by ps2child

i dont go in there for nothin anyways. cant believe they told you that. with that much u can buy a new 360 and a hd tv to go with it.

indifferent.gif

Try reading it Again.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

does anyone know what makes them crash so often?

Even tho its made for like lets say 400 gigs you really only want to use half because when its searching for your date its going to spin more and do morework to find it. something like that

I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay that much for stuff that i downoaded for free

Same thing happened to me this past week. I had a 500GB External with 454GB of data on there. Of course it was all pirated material, but I don't have the time, money, or resources to download it all again and buy another HD to fit it on

roll.gif
roll.gif
Karma... itnever fails.

Back
Top Bottom