Best Buy vol. Best Job to Take

I kno there are some NTers that have worked here or similar electronics places. I've got a bunch of pretty solid connections to get a job there to thepoint where I can possibly pick the department I can work at.

I think they want me to do HT but if I can pick something easier/more fun...why not?

what were ur experiences like in the department u worked at

Work media or inventory...Make sure your store has a small media dptmt or you will be leaving late as hell nightly.

I work HT.

PS: take advantage of that discount if you low on cash
nerd.gif

You bumped a post about how Best Buy is fun to work at about 20 minutes later?

ok by more fun i mean less boring
laugh.gif

and yes...unless its the big breast appreciation, once a thread goes off of page 1 on NT it fades into bolivian

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

laugh.gif

and yes...unless its the big breast appreciation, once a thread goes off of page 1 on NT it fades into bolivian
You mean, "fades into oblivion?"

laugh.gif

SOME POSTS ARE MADE TO DIE. THIS IS ONE OF THEM.

i would think a person with 10,000 posts on this forum would know about things fading into bolivian

go back to s&t where u belong
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i had a Hate/love relationship with bb. i started out in computers and moved over to pc repair around the same time they first rolled out the geeksquad.
smh.gif
.. I loved that place because i was running shop. Stealing everything,hard drives- a laptop, dvds, couple mp3 players and games. even had a gift card scheme with the dude at customer service. but hated that place with a passion,they push you to work non stop with minimal pay. also you have to sacrifice to come in every other weekend to do shipment .

if you can deal with the all managers bs then the discounts are worth it.

Don't work in computers.... gotta be the worst department in the store to work in... and thats wherei am

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Don't work in computers.... gotta be the worst department in the store to work in... and thats wherei am
not planning on it. There's a 90% chance i'm gunna do either HT or media.

but thanks for the warning lol

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

OP made it seem so....FUN.

laugh.gif

fades into people in Bolivia?

If you are in dire need of a job then take it. If you have other options out there, then reconsider them. BBY right now is goingthrough alot of restructing of their business plan. In all honestly, working in the HT dept right is not a great idea, seeing as how that is the most impacteddept in this recession. There is much talk of getting rid of the Magnolia HomeTheater dept and the CA/PSA dept. I dont know the particular store that you couldpotentially work in, but i know right now labor is low across the board and dont expect to get major hours or pay. BBY has a tendency to hire new people andthen give them 8-10 hrs a week and waste peoples' time. Talk to your friend and ask him what the stores performance is like and if there have been cutbacks..

ok since nobody seems to get it...its a mike tyson quote.

instead of saying "fade into oblivion" he says "fade into bolivian"

now back to the purpose of this thread...to help me out and for ebw to vent out his anger
laugh.gif

edit: good looks MHT. i know multiple ppl in the store so i'll talk to a few of them. i'm leaning toward media but my main source is telling me thatthey'll probably put me in HT

Truth... my store pisses me off always hiring new people when our labor already blows.

Thing that I dont understand is we are still hitting budget.. we are ALWAYS understaffed... yet labor still sucks.

Got a meeting on saturday and supposedly some big changes are in store...

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

laugh.gif

Fades to bolivian
Sonic the HEADchog
Irv Gotti in the club gettin tipsy
Lamborgenie Marcylago

There are more, but the list continues to grow every year and I keep forgetting the latest and greatest. NT keep it up
laugh.gif

Speaking of hours sucking... for the longest time I was getting 32 hours a week as a part timer... then it kept dropping... had 22 this week... thankfully Ipicked up some !!$+# and am at 39...

and next week i have 14...
smh.gif
Some people are supposed to be giving me shifts though

Truth... my store pisses me off always hiring new people when our labor already blows.

Thing that I dont understand is we are still hitting budget.. we are ALWAYS understaffed... yet labor still sucks.

Got a meeting on saturday and supposedly some big changes are in store...
Yup, there will be major changes to many stores across the board. Some stores will go through re-structuring. (e.g. Supervisors cut,dept's cut, dept's bunched up all into one) The changes will depend on your particular store etc....

And touching on, the the new hirees yet no labor. This is just another way BBY tries to get rid of older (higher paid) employees.

Back
Top Bottom