Best Free Antivirus and other software I may need for new pc.

Can you guys recommend me some good soft ware to grab for my new pc *free of course* I already know the deal with Fire Fox +Ad Block + No Script, but recommend me a few other things to make life easier, and also if you guys know any soft ware that would be good for customizing my desk top.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Malwarebytes
SuperAntiSpyWare
AVG

And youre good to go.

I`m looking at reviews and it looks like AVAST might be a little better then AVG but I see AVG has way more reviews and both are pretty solid.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Malwarebytes
SuperAntiSpyWare
AVG

And youre good to go.

I`m looking at reviews and it looks like AVAST might be a little better then AVG but I see AVG has way more reviews and both are pretty solid.
It might be but not by much. Its a coin toss in my eyes.

Malwarebytes

SuperAntiSpyWare

AVG

And youre good to go.

Trust me, you can't go wrong with either...

But as a personal recommendation, use AVG if you have a 64 bit operating system.

Avast has a function called "boot scan" that's scans your computer before your OS boots up and, in my experiences, it catches a lot more stuff during the boot scan than a regular scan will

Unfortunately, the "boot scan" feature isn't available for use yet if you have 64 bit operating system, but it is supposed to be available after Avast's next update which sometime this summer (June/July)
ohwell.gif

Microsoft Security Essentials is a program they released themselves or what? Right now I installed AVG and Malwarebytes and things seem to run cool. Is there a firewall program I should install or is the Windows 7 one good enough?

Microsoft Security Essentials is a program they released themselves or what? Right now I installed AVG and Malwarebytes and things seem to run cool. Is there a firewall program I should install or is the Windows 7 one good enough?
Windows is garbage juice

that microsoft security essentials is wack...

get avast and them other 2 dude mentioned...

and comin in a post specifically to hate on windows is corny...

I personally prefer Avast over AVG.

PrevX 3.0 is also good for detecting some malware. Free scanning... but removal costs money, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom