Best Hotels to stay at in NYC Times Square

whats up NYC NTers,

not sure if this belongs in the east coast forum. if so, mods can you just move it. thanks in advance.

i got tickets to the yankees/red sox game on may 18th, and my birthday is the 19th, so i kind of wanted to get a hotel in times square.
i used to live in nyc while i was doing an internship and i know how awful times square can be, but the broad im going with has never been to nyc, so for a night, its not bad.
but ive been looking at hotels that i could remember, and its like 300 bucks for a tuesday night, i mean i know its nyc and what not, but its not like its saturday night.

any ideas/help would be much appreciated.
thanks.

DoubleTree Times Square. $%#@ is
pimp.gif
views of the main times square lights/action/billboards.

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on 39th and 8th. It was relatively close by and slightly less expensive per night.

If $ isn't an issue, The W in times sq is amazing.

The Hotel in times sq is pretty decent and usually pretty cheap, ive stay there for as little as $90/night... Yes the name of it is "The Hotel"

Look at the Affinia chain of hotels. You won't be disappointed by any of them (especially Affinia 50, Dumont, or Gardens).

edit: unless you got money to blow, ignore my post.  it's up to $300/night for those hotels now.  it was $120/night in late january.

stay like a train stop or 2 away from times square and you'll save quite a bit of loot.

Yep. I paid 40$ in Queens at the Fairfield Inn. It was like 3/4th a mile walk up the block to LaGuardia (but that was the second time when we couldn't hoop because they closed for Labor Day) and the 33rd and Rawson (Lawson?) station. It was more like 4 stops to 42nd street though, but that's a 210$ a night hotel and I booked it using the priceline.com name your own price thing for less than 20% of that. If I put like 60$ a night in I probably could have gotten something even closer.

But like I mentioned int he other thread about Hotel Toshi, I want to try one of his out next time I go back. He has an open air one on top of the building that seems like it'd be a real experience.

As an NYC resident, whatever hotels charge at Times Square is not worth it.
Its not a resort and you really wont be using it for anything more than sleeping. Especially if its just for one night.
I would suggest any hotel that is not in the times square area, maybe even outside of manhattan. The money that you save can be better soent on the many many overpriced %%!% NY has to offer.

BTW if you need extra tickets to that game I got two.

thanks for all the help.
ill look into these. some of the ones i have checked out have been all booked on a tuesday! i can't believe it lol.

Diego - I don't need tickets, but a friend might need 2.
pm me with the details of the seats/price.

im takin a trip there soon myself, i'm plannin on stayi at the W, my last visit i stayed in the sheraton, it was nice, would stay again

Renaissance, Crown Plaza, Mariott, W, a bunch of good places. If you're really balling, it's like 5 blocks from TS, Le Parker Meridien

My advice: book before you go... I made the mistake to go there for a weekend, without a lot of money, thinking "meh, it's New-York", I'll find a place to sleep for sure... I slept on the chairs in Time Square, with my bag strap around my feet
happy.gif
Well, at least I had a great view from my "room"
happy.gif

i stayed at the grand hyatt out there and was pretty blown away by the whole experience of staying in NY for the first time and having that hotel.  me and my boy had pretty much just graduated HS and just decided to randomly go out there.  brought some $!+$ back to the room and the security cats wouldnt even let them up till we came and got them.  felt like lightweight superstars.

I don't really think it's worth it to stay in Times Square when you have so many other options. That being said, hotels in NY just aren't cheap.

I live close enough to NYC that I don't stay at hotels much but I have a bunch of times. The two times I stayed at hotels in Times Sq, it was because an ex wanted to, once for New Year's at the Westin and another time at the W. Both were really nice but you pay for location when you can stay at an equally good hotel that is minutes away for less money.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

i stayed at the grand hyatt out there and was pretty blown away by the whole experience of staying in NY for the first time and having that hotel.  me and my boy had pretty much just graduated HS and just decided to randomly go out there.  brought some $!+$ back to the room and the security cats wouldnt even let them up till we came and got them.  felt like lightweight superstars.

laugh.gif
 The first time I went to LA (being over 21) I stayed at the Mondrian. The elevators had a door man and you needed to be on the list (guest of the hotel) to even get in it, 

Back
Top Bottom