Best laptop around $600 to $900?

No MacBooks please 
smile.gif

Thanks in advance. 

I've heard nothing, but good things about Toshiba as well as Sony. Those are some pretty good brands to go with.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

I've heard nothing, but good things about Toshiba as well as Sony Asus and Lenovo. Those are some pretty good brands to go with.
Sony is overpriced for sub par components, in addition to spamming the entire hard drive with bloatware right out of the factory.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I've heard nothing, but good things about Toshiba as well as Sony Asus and Lenovo. Those are some pretty good brands to go with.
Sony is overpriced for sub par components, in addition to spamming the entire hard drive with bloatware right out of the factory.

sony def is overpriced i just bought a lenovo yesterday it was $399.99 before the 3yr protection plan $129.99 so it came out to $570-$580 dont remember exactly

I've heard nothing, but good things about Toshiba as well as Sony. Those are some pretty good brands to go with.

Horrible use of a comma.....couldn't even read the sentence.

Originally Posted by crod6926

Have you checked out HP notebooks?? give those a look

dont listen to this guy hp is overrated, they overheat & turn themselves off 95% of the time you use it & there are other brands that have better product's & better prices

Originally Posted by HOVKid

My apologies and I'll make sure it won't happen again
tired.gif

I got my girl a nice HP laptop with 320gb hdd 4gb of ram core 2 duo processor for around 500$ last summer (runs seamlessly with 64-bit os and has 2 hdmi inputs).

I'll find the model # and post it later today for you.

roll.gif
roll.gif
so true.

My apologies and I'll make sure it won't happen again
tired.gif

Its not like THAT.  Trust me, I never call people out for grammar or spelling crap. 

That one comma actually rendered the entire sentence unreadable though.  I've never seen that before.

Don't go the HP way. I got my sister one last year and we've had nothing but problems like what the guys said. Overheating, turning off by itself..etc.

Dell studio 17 solid labtop I got the 1737 the beginning of last year, in love with it but the newest version the 1747 is way better got the new intel i7 with windows 7 software ( Which is better than the macOS) u won't be sorry with

For $600 or so you can get an i3 processor with 4gb ram and 320 hard drive
For $900 you can get i5 processor with a blu-ray player

Of course there are better specs but this is off the top of my head when I compared laptops at Best Buy, Officemax and Office Depot last week

I don't know where you shop but Best Buy sells the Blue Label laptops for $800 and $900 they have the built it Netgear wireless display and I believe they include the box that hooks up to the tv

my friends HP got so hot one day it melted a entire cup of ice & had the table hot enough to make eggs on... then the next week it just shut it self off & didnt come back on (under 2 yrs old btw)...stay away from HP's because youll be Highly Pissed when it craps out on you.......

Best buy is the official store of nt I don't know where else to shop at lol but to me the dell studio series is a work horse I'm loving mine

I've been looking at Asus laptops. Anybody own one or have heard anything about them? Any input would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by krazyg

I've been looking at Asus laptops. Anybody own one or have heard anything about them? Any input would be appreciated.

Asus looks generally trash to me. I tried to go for their ultra thin line but they stiff u on processor power. Every laptop manufacturer will have a line that has its set of issues...even mac. With that said, i was lookin to get a mac because for less than half an inch u can get a beefy core 2 duo with a optical drive and 4gb of ram...and its prolly the most stylish notebook out. HOWEVER its like 1.4k which is a lot...

I am waiting on this to be shipped.
HP-G62t.jpg

Specs:
W7
4GB ram
250gb HDD
intel HD graphics (im not gonna game on my comp so its w.e)

last but not least....
Intel Core i5 2.26 GHz with turbo boost to 2.53GHz
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

TOTAL COST: $847 shipped. Hardware wise thats a better deal than current macs.

Was in the same spot you were in last month. Ended up buying a Dell Inspiron (3gb RAM, 250gb HDD)... good enough for just daily use.  I'm completely happy so far.

I was warned by my boy and his wife who owned HP's. Both overheated and died on them after only a year of ownership. I was like !!@! that... I ain't even gonna look at them HP's.
laugh.gif

Good luck in your search.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom